DirecTV

Tom

An Old Friend
I thought they diconnected my Directv about a month ago. I paid it up and called to get it turned on and she told me it was never interrupted. I turned it on(Hadn't tried) and it was on.

I went a month not watching TV because of a storm and a late bill payment. Silly ME!:eek:

I thought they diconnected my Directv about a month ago. I paid it up and called to get it turned on and she told me it was never interrupted. I turned it on(Hadn't tried) and it was on.

I went a month not watching TV because of a storm and a late bill payment. Silly ME!:eek:
Quick, go hook it up... the new season of Torchwood is starting soon! ;)

Did you really miss it...???
I go through periods of no TV, no movies... just books & newspapers. During those times I think that I'd never miss TV.

Then I end up going overboard and immersing myself in nothing but TV again for a while. It's like people who suffer from the yo-yo effect when dieting... it's either feast or famine with no happy balance.

I once got some points on my driving license and was told at the fines office I was banned till I retook my test, due to being a new passer and achieving so many points on my license.

I was angry and kept driving. Later on I found out the guy at the fines office was wrong and I wasn't a new passer, had passed my test a month before the law came in, that I could have driven all the way through. Luckily I did :smiley:

I wake 2 hrs early so I can check my email and schedule. I watch the news and have my daily coffee. I check my favorite forums and do a little clipmarking. Its a routine I enjoy.

I have the next two days off(my Weekend). I will try to find some more calendar fodder about scifi.

Since your DirecTV is up again....

The second season of Torchwood (or "Series 2" as our friends across the pond say) is set to premiere on BBCA January 26 at 9:00pm Eastern.

I haven't watched Torchwood.
I guess I should check it out since EVERYONE says its good.
Thanx for the info- I added it to our calendar

Speaking of Rambo, this must be a bit embarrassing for Stallone...

The epic spoof "Meet the Spartans" narrowly conquered "Rambo" to nab the top spot in the weekend box office, according to studio estimates Sunday.

The 20th Century Fox movie, which lampooned last year's epic blockbuster "300," took in an estimated $18.7 million in its weekend debut. It edged out "Rambo," a Lionsgate release starring and directed by Sylvester Stallone, which took in $18.2 million.

"This was a very tight race for the No. 1 spot," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of box office tracker Media By Numbers. "I think we tend to underestimate films like 'Meet the Spartans.' Fox has really locked on to something that's extremely popular."

"Spartans" tells the tale of hero Leonidas, who leads a group of 13 Spartans to defend against the invading Persians -- including Rocky Balboa, Paris Hilton and other pop culture icons. It was directed by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, who produced the parodies "Epic Movie" and "Date Movie."

I'm not sure which is worse... that a movie like Meet the Spartans did so well or that Kevin Sorbo's acting career finds himself acting in movies like Meet the Spartans.

Back