DirectX 10?

Hopefully not......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hopefully not......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Why hopefully not?

I'd put money they've switched from 8, to 9, and will have to finish on DX10. But a lot of the stuff programmed on 9 I've found out can easily take advantage of the changes to 10.
Besides, it just looks smooth and brown. That's realism for ya.. Check out VGCATS.COM

Because quite a few of us can't afford the upgrade to Vista - the only OS that will be supporting DX10. There aren't too many video cards that support DX10 either - there's that expense as well. Finally, since Vista won't be debugged for at least a year, that means HJ is going to wait on release. I don't want to wait another year.

Eventually they'll upgrade - either to DX10 or preferably another piece of software that does much the same thing, but isn't Windows-only.

There is no half-assing dx10. It's either dx9, or dx10, from what I have heard. If it's a dx10 game, any dx9 card cannot run it. So if they DO choose to go dx10, well.. I hope you guys are ready to dish out some more money.

There are some games which plan to have optional DX10 versions of the client, I know EVE definately will, and I think I remember Sigil saying that Vanguard might be getting one.

There are some games which plan to have optional DX10 versions of the client, I know EVE definately will, and I think I remember Sigil saying that Vanguard might be getting one.

Correct. Game clients can indeed support either. It's a pain but there's plan already for a ton of games to be playable on both.

Well, ---- you Microsoft.
I can't afford Vista and it's not even worh it's money.
Maybe after they recall and debug in a year or two and it get's cheaper...

Recall and debug? LoL 99% of Vista's issues are simply, no one's caught up with the drivers. Over all it runs way better than any previous MS release. As far as cabs and resources and all that jazz is concerned. Plus there's not as much data loss with the net connections out there. WEE! Finally.

The most simple way do describe it is that DirectX is some sort of "drivers" for all multimedia thingies in windows.

Read about it here

Question: What does Direct X even do? All I know is that all my games say I need it to play. So I download it.

Well, prior to DirectX 10, DX was just a graphics development wrapper that enabled programmers to write game code faster and more efficiently.

Now, DirectX 10 is the foundation of the graphics of the Windows Vista operating system itself. Everything is rendered using DX.

Such a lovely, hot topic.

We won't touch Vista for a few years mostly due to the fact it will take that long before it will play non-Vista games. Looking over the MS site where game publishers are swearing their soul... HAH there isn't anything there I'd play anyhow.

Give it a few years.

Back