Dirty Little Secret

Jaimie

Retired
Title: Dirty Little Secret
Author: Jaimie
Disclaimer: i do not own any of the characters besides the ones i make up. My credits go to the Alias writers.
Rating: PG-13 for some language, some graphic content
Spoilers: General Season 5 Spoilers.
Genre: Romance, action, adventure, mystery, a bit of everything.
Summary: What really happens after that fateful day in Prophet 5.

The train cut across her view. All she could see was glimpses of him and the man he was with. Then, barely audible over the train, there was the sound of gun shots. She couldn't make out who was firing with the freight train bisecting her view. She quickly looked to the left to see how many cars were left. There was still eight left to pass. When she looked back in the direction of the shooting, there was no one there. The end of the train came quickly and she sprinted across the tacks. She stopped as she seen one body face down, riddled with bullets. The second was slumped against a container with a jacket stained with the blood from his wounds.
Sydney Bristow took in the sight of her fiancé, Michael Vaughn. She could not believe that just a few minutes before they were discussing their child. He looked at her, his eyes glazed over from the pain of his wounds.
"Vaughn," her voice broke. "You are going to be fine, stay with me."
She gets out her cell phone and calls the one person who can help her. As the phone rings she starts to cry silently. With her free hand, she tries to stop some of the bleeding, but failing. The line picks up.
"Jack Bristow," says the gruff voice.
"Dad. Dad it's me, I need your help," she tried to sound less upset, but failed.
"Sydney, what's wrong?"
"Dad. It's Vaughn. He's been shot. I need your help. I need to get him to a hospital."
"A helicopter has been sent to your location. I'll be at the hospital as soon as I can. And Sydney?"
"Yes?"
"We need to talk. I cannot discuss this here, but when I get to the hospital, there is something we need to discuss," he said in his all-business voice.
Before she could reply, he hung up. In the eerie silence, she could hear the faint sounds of an approaching helicopter. Sydney picked up Vaughn's hand and held it in hers. On the horizon, she could see the helicopter coming closer and closer. She looked into his eyes, but he had closed them. Sydney leaned forward and gently kissed his forehead. Beneath her fingers, she could feel his light pulse beating.
She turned to fix her eyes on the rapidly approaching helicopter. Even though she knew it had been less than five minutes, it felt like hours. Finally, the helicopter landed a hundred yards away. As soon as it touched the ground, two paramedics jumped out with a stretcher. Another man came out of the helicopter and headed towards the abandoned car, followed by a woman a few years older than Sydney. She went to Sydney and led her to the helicopter
Sydney glanced over her shoulder, the medics had put Vaughn onto the stretcher and were following behind the two women. In the pilot's seat, Sydney recognized John, who had flown the helicopter for her missions many times. Most of the time, he was in good spirits, but today he looked grim.
As she climbed into the helicopter, John signaled her to sit in the co-pilot's chair. The paramedics loaded Vaughn into the back and started to check his vitals and put him on oxygen. They cut open his shirt and jacket. Sydney could not bare to look anymore, so she turned away. She realized that while she was looking at Vaughn, they had already taken off. Doing everything she could, she tried to compartmentalize what had just happened.
Then suddenly, her head got foggy as if she was drugged. She closed her eyes and silently fought the nausea that had built up in her throat. As if talking through a tunnel, she heard John say their ETA was five minutes. Sydney opened her eyes, her head cleared and her nausea disappeared as quickly as it came.

More soon, I'd love feedback, as this is my first S/V fic ever.

you're off to a great start! can't wait to see how it evolves :smiley: add me to the pm list.

you're off to a great start! can't wait to see how it evolves :smiley: add me to the pm list.

You're off to a great start!! I wondered how they got Vaughn to the hospital. Hee. This turns out differently than the show, right?

PM me when you upate,

Laur

it definitely turns out different. at least at first you don't think so, but it does. I'll definitely pm you when I update, thanks for reading :smiley:

i'm writing it, so hopefully before friday :smiley: i'm weird because i handwrite everything, then type it up, then post it. Yep, I'm weird.

i'm writing it, so hopefully before friday :smiley: i'm weird because i handwrite everything, then type it up, then post it. Yep, I'm weird.
*counts down the hours until Friday*

Sometimes that's the best way to write things, because you are reading and critiquing it more, so you get a better chapter (y) That's what I do. So we can be wierd together :woot:

Back