Season 5 Discuss the 5.01 Script Pages

Yeah I'm betting it was a deep cover assignment too. And maybe there are some things he will have to tell Syd that she won't like... but it can't be a deal breaker. Or else it sort of invalidates the first 4 seasons of S/V IMO. :blush:

If Vaughn's not there, I'm not there. www.mvcampaign.com

On the subject of whether or not Sydney says "Michaux," I wouldn't completely disregard that connection.
It seems to me that the writers have been returning to old episodes to see what cliffhangers have been left on the air (Santa Barbara mentioned in Season 2 was most likely the bases for Season 4's episode Welcome to Liberty Village) and how to respond to those cliffhangers, clearing up any inquiries before the show ends.
At least, that's my take. So I wouldn't put it pass them to be watching Season 3's The Two and wondering, "Who were these connections she had?" And then creating a backstory for it.
Remember, they've left a lot of questions up on the air, and they know WE need closure!

Also, I read a review of the episode Authorized Personnel Only, and the reviewer said something along the lines of J.J.'s checklist, and how everything done on that episode reflected the Pilot. For example, both episodes had a "water torture" scene, where they were drowing Sydney. The introduction of a new organization, APO. The dislike of working for Sloane.

In fact, J.J. said (and I paraphrase) that season 4 was supposed to be Season 1 in a new light. Character development, etc.

That got me into thinking that maybe the writers really ARE going back to past episodes.

I think he was probably sent in deep cover - but still CIA - to protect and "watch" Sydney (the chosen one). Whether or not his assignment before had been to locate her... I don't know. I also thought maybe she was going to find out that Danny was some sort of a CIA person. That would be a shocker. And then Vaughn was assigned by the CIA as her handler, but also as a sort of replacement for the person who had been watching/protecting her before, Danny. That would be a hell of a twist.

Hmmm, sounds like the investigative agent is fishing... ie assuming the worst, gauging his accusations in the extreme negative in order to provoke a response that would solidify his theories rather than expose real facts.

He's too vague, so he should be cross examined IMHO. Jack?

At least they aren't dead or in a coma.

Maybe Vaughn audits the work ethics, practices and findings of internal investigators.

I finally read the script pages. At first I didn't want to read them because I didn't want to spoil the teh fisrt episode but finally I just gave in :P :confused: .It's going to be weird, Vaughn having a different name. Sydney dosen't seem that mad though. She seems more scarred about where he is. I can't wait for the PROPHET 5!!!

~Andrea :angelic:

spydancer said:
I think he was probably sent in deep cover - but still CIA - to protect and "watch" Sydney (the chosen one).  Whether or not his assignment before had been to locate her... I don't know.  I also thought maybe she was going to find out that Danny was some sort of a CIA person.  That would be a shocker.  And then Vaughn was assigned by the CIA as her handler, but also as a sort of replacement for the person who had been watching/protecting her before, Danny.  That would be a hell of a twist.
[post="1464211"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i dont think that Danny would have ever been watching over her. I mean come on, he got drunk, made drunken phone calls, then got killed. I think a "watcher" would have more sense then that. As for him being CIA, well thats a theory thats been around since the first episode, so i will never discard it.

- RaptorRed

Hey has anyone seen an Alias promo, comercial I mean. I saw one for lost about a half an hour ago so I'm hoping Alias is on it's way. I've been watching the news for an hour just to wait for it :D can you say obsessive :angelic:

OMG!!! I am even more excited for S5 now than I was before!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D I am a little mad at his name though. Couldn't the writers have come up with something better???

Thanks!!!! ~Karen

I can see him saying that his name is really MV and then telling her about going deep undercover - with his Alias being Michaux - he didn't want to keep it from her so he is telling her...but it catches up with him...because he was so deep undercover that only people high up knew the truth and for ever reason could not acknowledge this undercover mission...hence why he is being investigated as a double agent.

i dont kno if ther is an english way 2 say it. u jus say it da french way in jus a normal american accent i gess.. well i don kno im not sure.......hey did any1 else think dat its prolly around dis time dat syd knos shes pregnant since shes at the hospitol...unless her n vaughn/michaux get togethr again sometime in the show! and if anyone caught that commercial/teaser thingie for alias S5 on aolvideo syd sez dat her vaughn are havin a baby so syd at least will still refer to him as vaugn.. unless she still doesn't kno bout "michaux"

RaptorRed said:
since Michaux is french, what is the pronunciation in english?

(sorry i took spanish in high school lol)

- RR
[post="1464708"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
"Mee-show"

I can sort of see where they got Michaux. Vaughn could of used his real last name and changed it into his first name (kind of). But it would be weird if his real name was Michael Micheax. Cuz (correct me if I'm wrong) in french it would be Meeshell Meeshow. and that would just be weird.

Actually
although michel is common in french
it sounds like an old fashioned name for a thirty something guy
and michael also exists as french first name
although it's pronounced differnetly

spydancer said:
Yeah I'm betting it was a deep cover assignment too.  And maybe there are some things he will have to tell Syd that she won't like... but it can't be a deal breaker.  Or else it sort of invalidates the first 4 seasons of S/V IMO.  :blush:

If Vaughn's not there, I'm not there.  www.mvcampaign.com
[post="1463618"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i totally agree.

but first i would cry hysterically for weeks or months, or possibly the rest of my life

Back