dissapointment

am i the only one who is almost willing to stop watching this season. i love this show, i am obsessed with this show. i base my week off of this show and now i am just bored with it. syd and vaughn are "taking it slow" (that was nice how he threw in santa barbra in the liberty village episode. what happend to rambaldi?? that was the main thing that had the show going. and there are no cliff hangars anymore. everything is tied off nicely at the end of the show and doesn't leave you salivating for the next episode. i look at all of the forums around and nobody is disappointed but me. i want to be excited for the show again. it's just sad. :(

I wouldn't say no one is disappointed but you. Apparently you haven't been reading very closely! Frankly, I'd be a little patient. But if you're bored, you're more than welcome to drop it.

Youre not alone. I am really disappointed too. I loved the first season, enjoyed the second, became frustrated and disappointed the third, and now I keep hoping something will spark the interest I once had in it. I still watch every episode hoping to find that fantastic cliffhanger is there again, but it never is.

also, i was really shocked they didnt follow thru with the ending of season 3. finally something i found interesting again, with Lauren's statements at the end and then sydney with the box, finding her name at the top of the papers. and now it is all changed again. I also notice that a lot of the chemistry is missing. Vaughn just seems different towards Sydney, and is visibly reserved, even moreso than his character should be. I think the chemisty has changed and the show has too. I wonder how much longer it will be around.

don't give up on it yet! I mean, I can't stop you if you want to, but give it some time. They know what they're doing, and their first priority this season was to try to get more people interested in the 'best show you're not watching.' Because if they couldn't get ratings up, then it was very likely that this could be Alias' last season.

Also, Sark and rambaldi are coming back in episodes that are coming up. They didn't want to introduce too many ideas and characters at once to confuse all of the new people.

So far, I've been quite pleased with it. I liked last season to a point, but I like how this season is more like the 1st two. And being a heavy SV shipper I definitely liked last night's episode.

Give it some more time, if Alias has taught us anything, it's to always be prepared for surprises!

I hope your right Jamison and I hope for all our sake the real continuous story starts soon, right now its kinda like inside The War on Terror with Sydney. I show is not nearly as good with Rambaldi or Sark or, dare I say, Lauren. I thought S3 memory amnesia was a pretty good. It used to perplexing but not its just a mediocre action show. Except on the last episode Jack and Sloane was interesting, perhaps Irina is alive. Offtopic- I really hope the Lauren reborn rumors arent true. I cant see anything good coming for that. I really want Tarantino to come back with Sark and the Covenant.

I am new to this forum. I am a huge Alias fan. It is the only show I *have* to watch every week. After the second episode I searched for an Alias forum to find out if I was the only one who thinks this season sucks so far. Last night's episode, I thought, was a little better than the previous 3. But I miss the "Oh my god, no way!" and "Holy s**t!!!" moments. I mean when we found out the huge injustice that Jack had done....killing the evil mother....who cares?? Lame.

Does anyone else hate the set of the new headquarters? It just doesn't feel right. Not much about this season feels right.

I am going to stick with it of course. Next week looks pretty interesting. I just hope the creative minds start to pick it up!

I should add that finding out Irina had a hit out on Syd and that is why Jack killed her made things a little more interesting. But where is the plot twisting, back stabbing, mysterious story line of why Irina had a hit out on Syd?

Hello everyone :smiley:

I just wanna say that I had some friends who haven't seen the previous seasons of Alias and they justed started watching it beginning with this fourth season and without knowing the past they really like Alias. They are now hooked on watching it every (almost every) Wednesday night. I have faith that this season will be awesome as Alias always has been. There are some ups and downs, but that's a good thing cause one minute it may be down but the next minute it will be so up everyone will be rewarded.

The hardcore fans expect the cliffhangers, twists, betrayals, non-stop action, whoa didn't see that one comin emotion of Alias, but for others it was too much to take in or maybe they were too slow to make the connections so they would change the channel to something not so complicated. So for now I think they're making it easy to get a lot of people to watch it and like it and get hooked on Alias and then lay it on thick with Rambaldi, Derevkos, past Villains, and hopefully tons of twists, turns, and cliffhangers.

Last nights epi was great for newbies but especially great for hopeless addicts like me because of all the references to the past and the hints of the future.

Like I said, I have faith in Alias and I hope everyone else does to. What's gonna happen? I don't know, but as a certain someone once said, "Truth takes time."

Color-Blind said:
The hardcore fans expect the cliffhangers, twists, betrayals, non-stop action, whoa didn't see that one comin emotion of Alias, but for others it was too much to take in or maybe they were too slow to make the connections so they would change the channel to something not so complicated.  So for now I think they're making it easy to get a lot of people to watch it and like it and get hooked on Alias and then lay it on thick with Rambaldi, Derevkos, past Villains, and hopefully tons of twists, turns, and cliffhangers.

Like I said, I have faith in Alias and I hope everyone else does to.  What's gonna happen?  I don't know, but as a certain someone once said, "Truth takes time."
[post="1182805"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

ugh.. i have so many mixed emotions about this new season. Being one of the hardcore fans you mentioned, it almost makes me want to cry seeing alias lose all of its "cliffhangers, twists, and betrayals" that once DEFINED the show alias that i loved. But we have to stay strong and kinda take one step back to take two steps forward. Even though Alias is the best show on television, the ratings werent showing it and if JJ didnt find someway to bring in new viewers this could have possibly been the last season.. ever. which is completely unbearable to even BEGIN to think about. So, we just have to put up with the new self-contained episodes and happy endings for a while, and pray that once theyre satisfied with the number of viewers and the ratings, that they will return to the old style of Alias, with the *gasp... omg* moments, Rambaldi, Sark.. etc. One of my friends who has never watched Alias before watched Welcome To Liberty Village last week and loved it. So he came up to me and was all like ooh i actually watched that show u like.. it was cool.. they were like shooting guns and felgercarb and shes really hot...and that just made me mad because of course he didnt really understand it as deeply as a real fan would and couldnt really fully understand the stories and references to past episodes that they FINALLY had, and knowing that he was in the percentage of the population that is the REASON why Alias is being changed so much just really made me angry at him.. i felt really bad afterwards.. cuz its not like it was his fault.. but grrr im just really upset about this. i still LOVE alias and will continue to watch it. I have enjoyed this season.. its just sooo different and i want it to go back to the old ways.

ps.. nice reference to Irina.. i enjoyed that! :D

This season is a new approach to a lot of things. And being an ALIAS fan from the beginning...it can sometimes can be frustrating. Yes I do miss the cliffhangers and yes the Derevko. Rambaldi I could live somewhat without only cuz I find it far fetched but even I'm beginning to kinda of miss it too. Everything thing seems so out of place...and I miss Jack's performances...he's just not on as much as he used to.

But all I can say is that its nothing like S3...so I can actually stand watching it. As Irina said, "Truth takes time" but it also takes patience as well. Give it time and then decide...if it frustrates you too much, then you can make a final decision.

Let me tell you how I'm looking at this season so far--and it hasn't been much, really only 4 episodes because the first two hours were essentially 1 episode--and it's philosophically.

First, let me say that as an Alias viewer, I'm used to "unhappy endings," and as a rule, I find them a refreshing change from TV in general. That said, however, season 3 was so grindingly downbeat, that I don't mind going through a few good endings for a little while. (Although I don't think that Sydney learning that her mother had a hit out on her was all that "good," actually. ;))

Second, I see the season so far as follows, a little housekeeping to clean up after season 3 (the 1st 2 hours), followed by a 3-hour love letter to S/V shippers with a PS hint regarding family matters. This is why the S/V shippers are so happy. This does not address the needs of non-shippers who had problems with Vaughn's character, but so what, we're in the minority (and yes, I'm in that minority). First, we have Vaughn fret that Sydney's in the clutches of a dangerous criminal, then Sydney listens to Vaughn express his guilt over Lauren (showing that he really is still a nice guy), ending up with full-bore romance as Vaughn brings up Santa Barbara, the zoo, and the imagined proposal. What a build up! ^_^

Also, let me throw this out there, as a general rule, Alias seasons start out with simpler, more stand-alone episodes and move towards more complex, interrelated ones. Season 3 was the most complex and interrelated throughout, and that caused some problems--especially when things they were counting on didn't happen and they had to think of unexpected ways to tie off threads they started earlier on and they ended up throwing balls up in the air that they had no idea what they were (The Passenger? What the hell is that? Never mind, we'll fill in the blanks later.). If that sort of thing gets too unplanned and uncontrolled, it becomes annoyingly obvious that they don't know what they're doing and the story gets out of hand. Frankly, I'd rather that they start out slower and end up with great storyline rather than screeching into the crash that they did at the end of last season. It just wasn't completely satisfying, was it? (And it made for an awkward transition into this season.) I think that if we're patient, we'll find that the story will work out in a much more satisfying way this season.

I'm just hoping the S/V emphasis will slack of just a tad because I'm not in that S/V majority that they're trying to please right now . . . I'm not as impatient as some are, I guess . . . ^_^
✌️

^^ Thanks for understanding the guilty pleasure that is S/V for me. I know it's not a perfect relationship, but I love it anyway. As for this season being disappointing, let's just say that after S3 I was not expecting too much. I love this show so much that I am trying to look at the positive and there is a lot there if you look for it. I like the old SD-6 feel of APO. I'm glad Irina is a major plot point. (Why did she want Syd dead?) Jack and Sloane are ever delightful with their plotting and scheming. And then there's the whole baby-in-the pic/Sentinel/Yelena Derevko mystery. So, I'd say we have a lot to look forward to.

verdantheart said:
Frankly, I'd rather that they start out slower and end up with great storyline rather than screeching into the crash that they did at the end of last season. It just wasn't completely satisfying, was it? (And it made for an awkward transition into this season.) I think that if we're patient, we'll find that the story will work out in a much more satisfying way this season.

✌️
[post="1188550"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think your right on that part. I guess all of us get so worked up about this that we forget its only been 4 episodes.. so naturally the plot isnt going to be as twisted and full of cliffhangers that it was in the end of season 3. After reading this I think I was being a tad bit impatient.. and even though i still feel the way i do.. this is JJ we're talking about! He knows what hes doing.. lets just have faith in him and wait for the stories to unravel!

Hey, thanks. :D Glad I could help. Maybe sometimes I actually do help--that's a trip. :P

[And don't S/V fans deserve their "honeymoon"? After all the felgercarb they had to contend with last season?]

verdantheart said:
[And don't S/V fans deserve their "honeymoon"? After all the felgercarb they had to contend with last season?]
[post="1190064"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

thank you!!

:lol: (this was my 47th post!!) :lol:

aliasfanjay said:
Why do people join up to say they dont want to watch the show anymore? The mind boggles...
[post="1182838"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

B/c they obviously love the show enough to want to talk about it. Talk about what they think is wrong with it.

As long as the complainers and the supporters are willing to give their reasons and respect each other's points of view, I think we ought to be able to give each other a little slack and co-exist. ;) (y)

don't lose faith-i really like it, and i started from season 4...i dont see what's not to like...i watched season 3 (borrowed it from a friend) and really liked that...i REALLY wanna get 1 and 2. and plus, every episode is good even w/o the cliffhangers, i mean for me, it still leaves me hanging and wanting more, but if it doesn't for you, think about it this way-since you still like each episode, you can watch it and stil get a kick out of it once a week, i cant wait for the DVD-I WANNA BUY IT!

Back