Distant

Chapter 5
~~~~~~~

Her eyes followed him, his every move. She knew who he was, she only said she was suspicious of him as a cover. But she was going to bring him down, she was going to prove to Sloane that he's hiding something. Hiding that he's a doubleagent. And proving that will lead to suspicions about his daughter. Which will lead to proof and bringing her down. With the help of someone on the inside, someone that Sydney had come to rely on. Having no doubts about.
She and Sark will gain Sloane's trust. They will get what information they need. She will rob him once more, and then use the information he's trusted her with to bring him and all of SD-6 down. To pay him back for stealing her seat. HER seat.

"I'm almost positve that Ariana and Sark have to do with Marshall's kidnapping. THey wanted information about SD-6 for a reason." Sydney explained in confidence. "They obviously have a plan."
"It makes sense." Vaughn agreed. But before anything more could be said, both of their pagers went off.

Kendall turned to face them at hearing their footsteps. He had his ready to kill look, and it made Sydney quicken her pace. "What's going on?" Sydney asked.
"Your father was supose to report here two hours ago." Kendall was saying. But the worry had drowned Sydney, and the name Ariana Kane was filling her head. "But he didn't. We tried to get a hold of him, but couldn't."
Sydney looked at Vaughn. Their faces showing they were thinking the same thing. Kendall noticed this. "Do you have some idea as to what's going on?"
Sydney looked back at Vaughn, her question in her eyes. Should they? Vaughn answered with his eyes. Kendall was giving them a questioning, impaitent look. Sydney sighed and turned her attention to Kendall. "No, we don't." Kendall gave her a doubtful look. "It's just that so much had happened in the past few months. And my dad doesn't just disapear."
"Miss Bristow, I am aware of the look you two just shared. I would like to know what you know." Kendall's voice was firm and demanding.
Sydney lifted her chin slightly. Putting a confident mask on, she glared at Kendall. "When I tell you that I don't know, it means I don't know."
Kendall was about to spit back when Vaughn cut in. "Sir, I don't think that Agent Bristow would lie about this. This is her father we are talking about, and it is in her best intrest to do whatever she can to help him." Sydney silently thanked Vaughn. "Now we are all on the same side. You have to start trusting Agent Bristow."
Kendall was quiet as his eyes darted from Sydney to Vaughn, Vaughn to Sydney. "Agent Bristow, I would like you to speak with Sloane and try to get any clues as to where your father might be."
Sydney nodded and Kendall studied them both before walking away. Sydney let out a long breath. "Thanks."
"No problem." Vaughn said. His eyes moving to Sydney.
"I'll talk to Sloane, see if I can get anything." Sydney told him, crossing her arms. "I seriously doubt I will though."
"I know." Vaughn nodded. "But we should do whatever we can to get information on your father." Sydney thought it was funny that first her dad was helping her to save Vaughn. And now Vaughn was helping her to save her dad. "You talk to Sloane, I'll speak with your mother." Sydney's eyes darted up, fully alert. "She may be able to help."
Sydney's brow creased with concern. "I know it's hard for you Vaughn, are you sure you want to?"
"Sydney, your father is in danger. We don't know what'll happen to him." There was a short silence. She was impressed by his answer. She was happy with him. "Meet at the warehouse in an hour." Sydney nodded and smiled.

Irina smiled to herself at hearing the familiar sound of the gates being opened. She had a pretty good guess of what they wanted this time, but she wasn't sure. And who was visiting her? She felt the presence, not Sydney. Of course it wouldn't be Jack, but Agent Vaughn.
He stood there, looking uncomfortable. He shot very short glances at her. His darting eyes gave away his nervousness. It amused her, HE amused her. She rose from her sitting position and walked to the glass. She smiled faintly at him.
Vaughn licked his lips. "Agent Jack Bristow, has disapeared." She had a small look of panic on her face. Vaughn thought it looked fake. "Anything you THINK you might know would help."
Irina did her usual thing, study the person and be silent. She took in a long breath as she looked away from him in thought. After about thirty uncomfortable seconds for Vaughn, she looked at him. "I don't know, I"m sorry." Vaughn lowered his head. "But I will help, if you need it." Vaughn looked at her one last time before taking a step. Then her voice stopped him. "You're not happy. You have the same sadness that she does."
Vaughn stood, staring into nothingness, trying to make sense of what she just said. The only "she" that Irina Derevko saw was Sydney. Same sadness as Sydney? His forehead wrinkled in confusion. He faced her with a questioning look on his face. "What are you talking about?"
"You know what I'm talking about. Or should I say who I'm talking about." Irina had her small smile and that piercing glare. "Both of you aren't happy." She eyed him curiously. "You didn't tell her, did you? How you feel?"
Vaughn hated talking about this. Especialy with Irina Derevko, even though she encouraged him to tell Sydney how he feels. He didn't trust her, he despised her. "I already told you why I can't."
"You're not allowed to, that doesn't mean you can't." Irina said quickly. "There's a difference."
Vaughn studied her. "There are other reasons why I can't, why I shouldn't." He turned to leave, wanting to end this conversation.
"It's what you want though, isn't it?" Iriana said to him.
He threw her one more glance over his shoulder as he waited for the gate to lift. When it did, he rushed through.

Sydney rushed passed everyone, panic surging through her. She knew that her father could take care of himself. But a couple times he was pretty ruffed up. And this is Ariana and Sark, along with that Asain integragator. She didn't know how Ariana works, but she didn't want to find out.
She reached Sloane's office and tried to calm herself down as she knocked on the thick glass door. "Sydney, I was just about to send for you." Sloane said. "Please, have a seat."
Sydney slowly and caustiously sat in the big black chair. She was intrested in what he had to say, and yet a little confused. "I wanted to asked you if you know where your father is." Sydney was a little taken aback. Great, Sloane noticed. The last thing she needed or wanted was to have Sloane get in this.
"I was going to ask you the same thing." Sydney replied truthfuly. "We were supose to have lunch over two hours ago and he didn't show up. I tried to call his phone but, he didn't answer."
Sloane sat there, hands folded, brow creased. His best agent, the one he trusted was mission. Right after Marshall. "I think Ariana Kane might have to do with this. She's been suspicious of Jack being my blackmailer." Sydney stayed silent, lost in her thoughts. Sloane was too. "This happening right after Marshall's disapearence, it's suspicious. I'm beginning to be suspicious of Ariana." Sloane looked up at Sydney and faintly smiled. "I'm sure he's alright."
"Yes, of course." Sydney replied. Her fake smiled stretching across her face.
"Well, that'll be all." Sloane told her. "Was there anything more you wanted?"
Sydney stood. "No, thank you for your time." She turned and stepped out of his office.

She put down her coat and keys as she slipped off her shoes. Francie came in and smiled at her. "Hey Francie." Sydney greeted with a smile.
"Hi. So, how did it go?" Francie asked quietly with an excited look along with a wide spread smiled.
Sydney was confused. "How did what go?"
Francie's face fell. "Oh Syd, you didn't tell him, did you?"
"Tell who what?" Sydney usually figured stuff out pretty well, but this was just confusing her.
Francie sighed. "You didn't tell the picture frame guy how you feel."
Sydney didn't get it. She use to be able to hide her feelings and thoughts so well. But now everyone was reading her. What made it happen? Was Alice that big of an impact on her, to make her an open book? Sydney flashed a smile and shook her head. "No, I haven't."
Francie sighed and smiled. "Well, I'm sure you know what you're doing. But you have got to hurry up Syd." Francie put on her jacket and grabbed her keys. "My lunch break is over. See you later."
"Okay, bye." Sydney said as Francie walked out the door.
Will walked in the kitchen. "Hey Syd."
Sydney looked up and smiled. "Hi." Then she fell silent.
"Sydney? Are you okay?" Will asked. "I mean, is everything okay at work?"
"No, it's not." Sydney shook her head. For the next half hour she and Will talked about what was happening lately. Then Sydney's beeper went off. felgercarb, it was Vaughn. She had completely lost track of time. "Will, I have to go." He nodded understandingly. "See you later."

"Sorry I'm late." Sydney said pulling open the gate.
"Don't worry about it." Vaughn smiled.
"So, what did you get?" Sydney asked, crossing her arms.
"Nothing." Vaughn said shaking his head.
"Me too. Sloane doesn't know anything about where my father could be. But he suspects Ariana, since she's been suspicious of my dad he believes she has to do with it."
"He's right in his thinking." Vaughn told her.
"Yes. But the less people involved in this, the better." Sydney explained. THen something came to mind. "My mother didn't give you a hard time, did she?"
Vaughn froze for a few seconds. Then he shook his head. "No, why?"
Sydney shrugged her shoulders. "Just curious." Vaughn lowered his head and all was silent. THis was wrong, or rather something was wrong. "Vaughn? Are you okay?"
He slightly nodded. "Yeah, it's just.." He paused. Sydney waited patiently, curious and worried. "It's just that Alice is getting suspicious."
"About what?" Sydney asked becoming more curious.
"You." Vaughn said looking at her. "And me."
Sydney was confused. Why was she suspicious? "Why?" SYdney asked. "I mean, what's making her suspicous, and what's the suspicion?"
"Well, I've been at work a lot. She knows we work together, and since we met at the bar," He's uncomfortable. "She's been thinking there's something going on between us."
Sydney's eyes widened. She swallowed. Then she looked at the ground. "Oh."
" I just, I don't want to hurt her." Vaughn sighed. "But wither way I will."
Sydney looked up at him. "What do you mean?"
"Well, if I don't tell her how I really feel, she'll keep thinking I'm cheating on her and she'll be hurt. But, she'd be hurt anyway because, the way I feel for her, I only see her as a friend." Sydney's heart jumped and screamed. "But I have to tell her that." Vaughn whispered.
It was quiet for a minute. "So, you only see her as a friend?" Sydney asked shyly.
Vaughn nodded. "Yes."
"Vaughn, I think you should tell her right away." Sydney suggested. "The longer you wait, the more pain it's going to cause."
"I know, it's, it's just hard." Vaughn told her.
"Well, if you need any help, just let me know." Sydney offered.
"Thanks Syd." Vaughn smiled shyly.

Jack sat, strapped to a chair. His eyes were glued to the giure circling him. The slap of the shoes were loud in the dark room. He didn't need light to know who it was. He alreayd knew, it was obvious.
"Jack Bristow, "She said, still circling him as if he were prey. "Let's finish the interview, shall we?" Jack stayed silent, glaring at her. "YOu have a lot of information I could use." She leaned down, her face very close to his. "But that's not the only reason you're here. I'm sure you know that." She stood up straight and looked down at him. Her arms were crossed and she tapped her foot as she studied him. Then she sat in a chair infront of him. "I have evidence, proof, that you have a secret that you have kept from Sloane for thirty years." She explained to him.
"And what secret is that?" Jack asked. But he already knew the answer.
"That you, Jack Bristow, are a doubleagent."

~~~~~

OooOoOoo!!! Good, nice additions. I like how the characters' POV's aren't like real people. I know it sounds weird, but when they think like normal people, they sound fake. Me like... please, more more!

That was a great new chapter. I hate Ariana from the show so much, and this chapter has made me hate her even more! I hope you post a new chapter soon, I can't wait to see it. :smiley:

Okay!! Here's some more!!!

Chapter 6
~~~~~~~

Cold air blew through her hair and chilled her face as she stepped onto the top of the building. The busy noise of traffic below srounded her. She stood and studied her mother, sitting, staring through the fence. She walked over untill she was a few feet away from her mother. Irina looked up and her and stood. "Dad's been kidnapped." Sydney said sadly.
"So I herd." Irina talked quietly.
Sydney held out a picture. "We suspect this women to be the kidnapper. Her name is Ariana Kane."
Irina studied the picture. "I don't know her."
"I'm not asking if you know her." Sydney informed her mother. Irina looked up at Sydney. "I'm asking you to help me find him. I cleared it through Kendall."
"I can't believe you'd have to ask me Sydney." Irina whispered.
"You've been given permission to leave your cell WITH me to help investigate." Sydney explained. "If you want, we can go to the operations center and Vaughn and I will brief you on what we know on this women and why we suspect her." Irina smiled and nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" Kendall asked angerly after Sydney and Vaughn got done briefing Irina.
"Like I said," Sydney replied firmly. "it was too dangerous." She looked back to her mother. "So really, we need help finding where she's holding dad. After that why and what her plan is."
"No doubt Sloane will be looking into this." Irina said. "Since he's suspicious. That might be a problem."
"It might be an advantage." Vaughn stated.
"Meaning he would provide me with intel, thinking I would like to know the details about my father." Sydney explained.
"Yes, but if you go rescue Jack yourself, based off intel from Sloane, it'll cause a problem." Irina warned. "SO I think we should do what we can to keep SD-6 out of this."
"I agree." Kendall said. SYdney and Vaughn looked up at him surprised.
"Next time Sloane calls me in about dad, I'll try to convince him he's fine." Sydney said looking back at her mother. "Maybe I could come up with a cover story."
"That would be best." Vaughn said. "If Sloane is convinced that Jack is off on a trip somewhere, he won't be suspicious of Ariana. Therefore he'll be out of the way."
"That won't work." Irina cut in. "If Ariana comes to Sloane with information from Jack, and she tells him that she has Jack in custidy, Sloane will get suspicious of Sydney." Sydney considered this. "For example, if she discovers Jack is a doubleagent, tells Sloane this and that she has Jack in her grasp, Sloane will get suspicious of Sydney's cover story."
"And if they find out that Jack's a double, they could suspect you to be a double as well." Vaughn said looking at Sydney.
Sydney sighed. THis situation was a lot more complicated than she origanally thought. And originaly it was the most complicated situation in her life. "Then I won't use a cover story. I'll just have a positive attitude and try to convince him it's alright."
"And what about Sark?" Kendall asked. "He's most likely a part of this. We can't just ignore him."
"Sark's irrelevent." Iriana said. "We should keep a close eye on him, but we need to be most concentraited on Kane."
Kendall nodded. "Get to work."

Ariana sped into Sloane's office. Sloane looked up and imedietly his face turned to a glare. Ariana dropped a file on his desk. "He may not have killed your wife, but his loyalty does not lie with SD-6."
Sloane throughly reviewed the report, the evidence. Panic, anger and hate were in his eyes. Ariana smiled to herself, pleased and proud. Sloane turned his attention to her. "Where is he?"

"Sydney, what's wrong?" Will softly asked.
Sydney sighed. "A lot." WIll looked at her concerned. "Mainly, my fathers been kidnapped, being blamed for blackmailing Sloane by a women sent to investigate Sloane's blackmailer, Ariana Kane. Recent event's have the CIA and myself convinced that she and Sark are in it together. That they, have some plan." She paused and swallowed as she smiled a little. "And, Vaughn."
Will's hurt and jealous look was quickly replaced with confusion. "What about him?"
Sydney kept smiling. "I have a crush on him."
Will nodded. "I know. Francie told me the whole story."
SYdney was quiet. "Oh." A thought suddenly came to mind. Panic surged through her. "You, didn't say anything to him, did you?"
Will shook his head. "No, I'm meeting with him in a while."
Sydney nodded. "Good, don't say anything."
Will nodded. "Okay."

Will grasped Vaughn's hand and shook it. "Hey, how's it going?"
Vaughn sighed and smiled. "Rough, but we're doing okay."
Will nodded and held out a folder. "Here's the information you wanted."
Vaughn took it and looked at Will oddly. "How did you do it so fast?" He was amazed at how fast Will found this information.
Will shrugged his shoulders. "I have good computers." They both smiled. THen a momentary silence. "Look, I'm not supose to say anything, but I think it's important." Vaughn looked at Will intrested but confused. "YOu mean a great deal to Sydney. And what you guys have, your relationship, it's really important to her. And something has made an impact on her to tell me that."
Vaughn was quiet. Shocked, worried, surprised, so many emotions. He looked at Will. "Thanks for leeting me know. It, it means a lot to me too. And so does Sydney."

Jack sat in his chair in silence. He stared at the floor, thinking only of Sydney. How much trouble this will cause her. he only expressed how much he cared for her once. And it wasn't even to her. He felt so bad for all the things he did to her. At least he helped her save Vaughn. Which was going against protocol in more than one way.
He knew the feelings they had for each other a long time ago. Especialy Agent Vaughn. He respected everything Vaughn did for Sydney. He had risked everything, his job, his life. But he still had a dislike for Vaughn.
The door opened and Sloane walked in with a menacing look. Ariana followed with a smiled on her face. Sloane scowled at Jack. "Killing my wife and blackmailing me would have been bad, but this, this is," Sloane shook his head in pure anger and disbelief. "I didn't want to believe it Jack. But what can I say against hardcore evidence?" He leaned in, close to Jack's face. "I don't tolerate betrail."

At hearing footsteps behind her Irina spun around in the chair. "I intercepted an email sent by Ariana Kane. It gives the location of where she's holding your father."
Sydney nodded. "Good, I want to go get him."
"I;m coming with you." Irina said, stanging up.
"Kendall will never allow it." Sydney said.
"He did once, he'll do it again." Irina insisted.
Sydney looked over at Vaughn. "You're coming too, aren't you?"
Vaughn looked at her a little surprised. "I can't believe you have to ask." Sydney smiled. Irina did as well, watching the two.
Sydney nodded. "Alright, let's do it."

~~~~~
Sydney nodded

That was a great chapter. :smiley: can't wait to see what Irina does while she's with both of them... I think they will deff. prove her suspicions lol

Okay, here's half of the next chapter, hope you like!!

Chapter 7-Part 1
~~~~~~~~~~~

"How do you know all this?" Sydney whispered to her mother infront of her.
"Once I knew the location of the warehouse, I downloaded the blueprints and studied them." Irina responded.
"How tight do you think the security is?" Vaguhn asked from behind Sydney.
"Tight enough." Irina said. She continued on, leading them through the twisty underground passage. They had snuk their way in the back. It looked a lot like the facility Sydney found Marshall in. Infact, she soon realized, it WAS the same facility.
They stopped at as intersection and Irina looked around. Then she made a left. "Where are we headed?" Sydney asked.
"Jack's being held on the twenty seventh floor." Irina explained. "So right now, we are headed for the elevator."
It was silent and Vaughn looked around. "How often do the gaurds come down here?" He whispered.
"Almost never." Irina said. That was odd. And it was also odd how she knew how the security worked.
After ten minutes of walking down the maze of hallways, they found the elevator. Not a security guard in sight. It made Sydney suspicious.
They sat in complete silence for a while as they sat in the elevator. Praying it wouldn't stop on anyfloor except the twentt seventh. Sydney could tell Vaughn was uncomfortable. She felt bad for him, having to put up with her mother, the murderer of hie father. He was handling it well though. He even told her she could talk about her mother with him. He was so sweat.
The elevator tinged and the silver doors slowly opened. Irina looked at Sydney and Vaughn and put a finger to her lips. She stepped out of the elevator and cautiously walked down the hall. Sydney and Vaughn followed.
They walked for five minutes, and not a sound echoed in the halls, not a guard was herd or seen. Sydney became more suspicious, being uncomfortable.
Irina stopped at a single steel door. She starred hard at Sydney. Sydney understood and tranq gun ready. So did Vaughn. Irina slowly wrapped her fingers around the cold metal of the the door knob. She gave Sydney one last look before twisting the knob and shoving the door open.
Two guards whirled around and started to yell. One cocked his gun, but before he could shoot, Sydney kicked the gun from his hand. She punched him in the face and kneed him in the stomach.
Vaughn grabbed the other guards hand and swung him around infront and twisted his arm. Vaughn herd the guards arm crack, break. He hit the guard over the top of the head with the butt of his pistol. The guard hit the floor.
Sydney saw her dad strapped to a chair. "Dad!" She made her way over to him and stripped the ducktape from his mouth. THen she undid his buckles.
"Sydney you have to get out of here, NOW!" Jack said firmly.
"It's too late for that." A familiar voice echoed. Everyone froze. Ariana Kane stepped out of the shadows. "So, the daughter comes to save the father." Ariana smiled. "You're mine now."
Sydney glared at Ariana. "You're unarmed and out numbered." There was a loud click of a gun and shivers ran down Sydney's spine. She slowly turned, frighten, horrified. She prayed it wasn't what she thought. Irina, stood there, with a pistol in her hand, pointed at Sydney. Sydney couldn't think, her mind was blank. Tears stung her eyes in horror. Irina shook her head. "You should have listened to me, you should have told him how you feel. " Irina said. "I'm sorry Sydney."
The trigger was pulled, and the bullet shot. It cracked through the room like thunder. Sydney stood so horrified, she didn't feel the pain, the impact. All she felt was betrail, again. She didn't slump over and fall to the ground, but Vaughn did.
Clutching his stomach, he doubled over and slammed on the concriet floor. Blood splattered on the floor with him. "VAUGHN!!!!" Sydney screamed, her voice gurgling with tears, echoing loud in the room.
Jack picked up Vaughn's gun and shot wildly at Irina. Irina shot back as she and Ariana back out of the room and ran down the hall. Jack let them go.
Sydney gasped for air, tears spilling onto her cheeks. She looked at Vaughn, terrified as she rolled him over. ".................Vaughn............"She said with a weak cracking voice.
Vaughn's face bunched up in pain. "Syd........" He whispered ever so quietly.
Sydney leaned closer to his face. "Vaughn, hang on. We'll get you out, you'll be okay." She spoke with her scratchy voice as tears dripped down her cheeks and chin.
Vaughn clutched his bloodflooding stomach tighter, Sydney cried and prayed, while Jack used Sydney's walkie-talkie to call for extraction.

Her mother betrayed her, Jack and her country once before, and she did it again. Sydney admitted to herself, she began to trust her mother, believe that she had really turned. That she had her mother back. But her father was right, after she depended on her mother, she was betrayed.
Finding out the truth about her mother the first time, it was unbearible. But a second time, after trusting and depending on her, it was undescribable. Not only did Sydney feel that pain, that she should have trusted her father, but her naiveness got Vaughn shot, and almost killed.
She thought she lost him, AGIAIN. For the third time. But this time instantly. It was a beautiful miricle that Vaughn lived. And she would take advantage of that. Great advantage.
She walked in and saw him standing there, normal as ever. A huge smile lit up her face. He turned around at hearing her, seeing her smile made his heart skip. Sydney wanted to run to him, but she didn't. Instead legs took four very quick steps and she was in his arms. She sobbed on his shoulder as he wrapped her in his arms, gently rocking.
"Vaughn." She said his name over and over, like it was sacred, special. She clinged to his back and pulled him closer. She need to feel him, know he was there. They stood like that for a long time.
Finally Sydney lifted her head, without losening her grip on him. "Vaughn..."Her voice was squeaky agian. "Back there, at Kane's warehouse, I though I'd lost you." She whispered. "I thought you were dead."
He brushed her hair from her face. "It's alright Sydney."He whispered.
She shook her head. "No, it's not alright Vaughn." More tears streaked her face. "To many times I thought I lost you, to many times I regreted never telling you..........to many times I decided to wait." She sobed and shook her head. "Vaughn, I'm not waiting anymore, I love you." She shook violently and she laid her head down on his shoulder, afraid to kiss him. If he pulled away, it would hurt more than him just rejecting her.
After a few minutes, Vaughn spoke. "Sydney?" He pulled her back, forcing her to look at him. She looked at him pained, hopeful, helpless, lost. He just starred at her, amazed. Soon, his face was so close to Sydney's she could feel his breath, feel his warmth. Their lips inches, cemtameters apart. "I love you too." Vaughn whispered.
Then, he lightly, gently, and caustiously kissed her. Afraid that she might pull away, that she might not be ready for it. So he didn't push it.
Sydney was overwhelmed. Her mind was blank, tingles and shivers were racing up and down her body. She placed her hand on the back of his neck and pulled him closer, and she pushed, hard. It was a deep kiss now. Sydney prayed that it wasn't just another dream, haunting her, making her suffer.
They slowly parted, clingling to each other's lips for as long as they could. They starred at each other, their faces still very close. Sydney was still clinging to his back. "This better not be a dream." Sydney whispered.
Vaughn slightly shook his head. "It's not, it can't be."
Sydney smiled. "How can you tell?"
Vaughn shyly smiled at her as he blushed a little. "Because a feeling ran through my whole body that I don't get in any of dreams."
Sydney's smiled strechted all the way across her face. "Funny, I was thinking the same thing." They lightly kissed again, and right before it deepend, Sydney pulled away. Vaughn looked at her hurt and confused. "Vaughn, what about Alice?"
Vaughn's brow wrinkled in confusion. "What about her?"
"Have you told her the truth yet? How you really feel?" Sydney asked, staring into his eyes, searching for an answer.
Vaughn just stared at her. Why did she have to bring up Alice at a moment like this? He knew why, because Sydney had been jealous of Alice, and now she wanted to make sure that he was all hers. But also because he'd be cheating on Alice, lying. Vaughn nodded his head. "Yes, I did."
Sydney leaned back into him, slightly smiling. "And, how did it go?"
"She stormed off crying." Vaguhn whispered, dead serious.
"I'm sorry." Sydney whispered back, leaning closer to his lips.
Vaughn shook his smiled. "No you're not."
Sydney smiled. "You're right." Just when the edges of their lips barely touched, Sydney's cursed pager went off. "Damn it." Sydney whispered. "Well, at least I got one kiss out of you." The pager was still beeping.
"Just ignore it." Vaughn ordered, and he continued what they had barely started.
As they kissed, Sydney pulled her pager from her belt and opened one eye to look at it. She moaned into Vaughn's mouth. She pulled away. "Vaughn, I can't. It's my dad."
Vaughn closed his eyes and heavily sighed. "Give him an ass kicking for me."
Sydney smiled. "I promise, one day, you'll be able to do it yourself." Vaughn chuckled. Sydney gave Vaguhn a quick kiss, and they released each other. For a split secong, Sydney shivered and she took in a sharp breath.
"What?" Vaughn asked, a little concerned.
Sydney smiled. "It's cold." Vaughn smiled back at her. "I'll see you later, I promise." Sydney said. She turned and walked to the gate. She looked at Vaughn one last time, before leaving the warehouse.

"After finding out that Jack is doubleagent, I'm begining to be suspicious of his daughter." Ariana confessed.
Sloane nodded. "It would be a good idea to look into it."
Ariana faced him. "We don't need to look into it, I already have proof!" Sloane looked at her surprised. "While I was speaking with Jack, Sydney came to rescue him." Sloane opened his mouth to make a point. "BUT," Ariana said. "that's not all. She came with another agent. The camera got a picture of him and we scanned it. Agent Vaughn. There is no Vaughn working for ANY, of the SD cells." She leaned in closer Sloane. "But there is, in the CIA." Slaone's eyes widened and a mixute of emotions filled his facial features. "He is a Senior officer, Sydney Bristow's CIA contact."
Sloane didn't know waht to say. Sydney had worked for him for eight years now. He had suspected her a doubleagent before, but he had been proven wrong. And if she is a double, why did she save SD-6 when it was held captive by Cole? THis was a shock to him.
"I suggest we take action." ARiana pulled him from his thoughts.
Sloane looked up at her, a sad expression in his eyes and on his face. He nodded. "Yes, of course."

"So how did it go ladys?" Sark asked as Ariana and Irina took a seat.
"Perfect." Irina answered, smiling to herself.
"Sydney came with Vaughn to rescue Jack, and I used that as proof." Ariana explained. "Sloane believes me, and he will take action.
"Sydney will undoubtedly predict this." Irina stated. "She too will take action. I don't think she'll be showing up at SD-6 anytime soon."
"Sloane will send a team." Sark said.
Irina shook her head. "They won't find her. The CIA had the information on SD-6 that we need." She looked at Sark. "You will have to make a deal with her to get the information. After that we will take down SD-6 as well as Sydney. And we will all have what we want."
Ariana nodded and smiled. "Then let us proceed."

Sydney shoved her hands deep into her jacket pockets. The cool breeze played with her hair, and her heels dragged. She starred at her father straight in the eye.
"I wanted to talk to you about your mother." Jack said softly.
A pang hit Sydney. Vaughn's soft, tender lips had swiped her memory of what happened. "Derevko." Sydney said firmly. Again, she was not letting that heartless traiter be reffered to as her mother.
"Yes." Jack nodded. "We now know that she is working with Arina Kane.
"It was all set up, all part of a plan." Sydney said, not quite all there, half lost. "Setting you up, kiddnapping you, me rescuing you." She looked from the ground to Jack. "They already knew we are doubleagents. This must be a plan to reviel us. But why? What could come out of it?"
"There could be hundreds of reasons, some impossible to imagine." Her father answered. "This can't all be just to reviel us, there must be more to it."
"They wanted information on SD-6 from Marshall." Sydney stated. "Do you think they're trying to take it over?"
Jack shook his head. "Kane is part of Alliance Counter Inelligence, she wouldn't be able to do that."
"Yes she could." Sydney jumped in. "She'd use us for cover, put the blame on us."
"True. But they could also want to bring it down. For what reason, I don't know." Jack suggested. There was a silence. Then Jack thought of something. "This could have to do with Sloane being a part of the Alliance."
Sydney starred, curious. She shook her head in thought. "How?"
"When Sloane first asked me to investigate the first sign of Emily being alice, he told me that if he was considered for a chair in the Alliance, someone else wasn't." Jack explained.
"ANd you think that someone is Ariana Kane?" Sydney asked.
"It's a great possibility." Jack answered.
"It would make sense." Sydney said, her eyes moving back and forth as she thought. "Since she didn't get the chair, she would want to take down Sloane, make him fail."
"And in order to do that SD-6 must fail." Jack added.
"So she would need to take down SD-6. But she didn't have the information she needed,so she kidnapped Marshall. Realizing what a lose that is to SD-6." Sydney said quietly. "And in order not to get caught, she'd investigate you already knowing your a double and could find the proof. Whick would lead to suspicions about me. Reviel and blame us."
"And make a deal with Derevko and Sark to make the plan work." Jack considered.
Sydney looked up at her father, fire in her eyes. "As much as I would like to see SD-6 fall, we can't let this happen."
"We only have an asumption." Jack remined Sydney.
"A perfectly well explained, sensable and logical asumption!" Sydney yelled. She shook her head. "I can't go to SD-6."
"You have to!"Jack insisted.
"No, I can't." Sydney argued. "Kane will no doubt give Sloane evidence of my being a doubleagent. If she hasn't already, she'll raise Sloane's suspicion."
"She will do it slowly. As she did with me." Jack informed her. "Besides, if you don't go, it'll only make it more obvious."
"So, what should I do?" Sydney asked, slightly paniced.
"Act normal," Jack suggested. "Anything different will raise their suspicion more."
"What if they take me into custidy as soon as I get in the door?" Sydney asked.
Jack thought. "Why would they do that?"
Sydney starred hard at her father. "Dad, she SAW me come rescue you. Not only that but WITH Vaughn! Who is NOT an SD agent.!"
"Kane can't use that as evidence without exposing herself." Jack reported.
"How's that?" Sydney asked doubtful. "Sloane knew where she had you and why, he talked to you himself!"
"Because you broke into what was supose to be a highly secured Counter Intelligence building." Jack interupted. "Sloane will want to know how you got through suck tight security. Kane won't have a explanation."
"What if she uses that as proof?" Sydney aasked. "That I broke in with help, technology from somewhere NOT SD-6."
Jack shook his head. "You still wouldn't have made it. You would have had to raid taht abuilding with at LEAST a hundred agents. Sloane knows that Sydney." His daughter was quiet as she studied him. "The only thing Kand can use right now, is since I was a double, the chanced out you too are high. It's a suspicion, nothing more. It won't get more serious 'till later. By then, we'll be prepared." Sydney nodded and turned to leave. Jack watched her stride to her car. "Sydney?" She turned and faced him. He was hesitant. "Be careful."
She smiled faintly and nodded. "I will."

~~~~~~~~

Chapter 8 is in progress

That was good. Bad Irina! I never did like Sark or Kane, so no loss there, but poor Syd, having to go through her mother's betryal all over again. I can't wait for chapter 8 :smiley:

Wow!!! That was really, really good. But you kinda scared me there at the beginning...I could only hope you wouldn't kill Vaughn off without a kiss!

Okay, the beginning of this chapter would probably never happen, but I just let myself fantasize and let my imagination wander. But, I hope you like it.

Chapter 8
~~~~~~~

Before Sydney got to say a word, Vaughn was kissing her, pressing her against the fence. She grabbed at his hair as he placed his hand on her neck, pulling her closer to fully taste her lips. Sydney eagerly, hungerly took in his kisses and lips, wanting more. Vaughn wrapped his arms around her, pushing her body against his.
Energy filled up in Sydney, making her heart accelerate so fast she thought she'd throw-up, pop. Tingles and shivers ran up and down her spine, arms and legs. Her stomach did flipflops, summersaults, twists and turns. She was intoxicated.
Sydney moaned, letting air out into him. Her breathing quickened and she sucked oxygen from Vaughn.
Vaughn's hands started to run across Sydney's back, sending more shivers surging through her body. His hands came to rest on her hips as she slowed the kiss down, and then stopped. He slowly pulled away, his lips still clinging to Sydney's bottom lip. When he let go, Sydney blushed deep red as she brightly smiled. "Wow." She whispered.
Vaughn smiled and cradled her face with one hand, gently stroking it with his thumb. "I've missed you."
Sydney's face fell. "What? I only get a kiss like that if you've missed me?"
Vaughn was panic striken. He shifted uncomfortably as he jumped to explain. "No! Th-that's not what I meant!" His eyes sparkled and they pleaded.
Sydney smiled. "Vaughn, I'm just kidding." She lightly kissed him. "I know what you meant. " She whispered in his ear. "I've missed you too."
Vaughn tenderly kissed her neck. Then he leaned into her, slightly swaying. Sydney felt his body shrink as a heavy sigh of relief rushed out. "Good." He said softly. He played with her silky hair as he buried his nose in it, smelling it's refreshing scent. "What did your father want?"
Sydney swayed with him, resting her head on his shoulder. "He wanted to talk about actions I should take at SD-6." She paused, pain almost knocking her over. "And, my mother."
Vaughn stopped swaying imedietly. He pulled back just barely to look at her, their faces close. Sydney thought for sure he felt more hatred for Derevko, that his unspoken feelings would show in his eyes. But when she looked into them, all she saw was pain. Pain for her, pain and sorrow, along with sweat, tender worry.
Tears blurred Sydney's vision and she whimpered. A short, quick sob escaped her as a sudden shudder past through her. Vaughn pulled her back into his tight, warm, swaying embrace. As she did, before she gripped his suitcoat like a lifeline. She would let go and gather more material to scruntch up in her hand. To jab with her nails, to let the anger out on.
Vaughn's lips brushed up against Sydney's ear as he whispered to her. "It's okay. Don't talk, just let it out this way. It's okay, I'm here for you." Her body was to numb with pain to nod, to speak. So she took Vaughn's advice and just let her tears and sobs express how she felt.
Sydney hated getting like this. Once she started, she couldn't stop. The only way she stopped was when her body was out water to give and it was physicaly exhasted from the shaking and sobs. But Vaughn's tight hug, gentle swaying, reasuring whispers, and small kisses here and there helped her calm down a lot, untill she stopped. She had found a new cure. She let out a shaky sigh. "Thank you."
Vaughn barely pulled away again. He softly pushed a strand of hair that was stuck to a tear from her face. He leaned over and placed his lips on her cheekbone where the tear had been. He stayed like that for a few seconds. THen he gave Sydney such a light, tender, soft kiss, it was barely a kiss. But it did amazing things to Sydney. "You're welcome." He mumbled, his lips still barely on hers.
Then Vaughn leaned back to look at Sydney. Panic spread over his face. "What ARE you going to do at SD-6?" SYdney just starred, her mind blank. "Sydney?" Vaughn said with his soft voice.
Sydney sucked in a long breath. Then she went into full detail about her conversation with her dad. Vaughn stayed quiet the whole time, listening intently to what she was saying.
When she was done, Vaughn sighed as he put his hands in his pockets. He looked at Sydney, broken. "I have to go Vaughn." She insisted. "My dad gave a perfectly good reason why!"
"But what if he's wrong?" Vaughn yelled stepping closer to her. "What if Kane already has Sloane convinced you're a double? Even if he's not, Kane will act on it herself, like she did with your father."
Sydney looked to the cold, gray ground. There was always a what if. But she took the risk, and she had to again. She looked back at Vaughn, her jaw set and her eyes sharp. "Vaughn I have to go. No questions asked."
He softly shook his head as he lowered it. It was silent a while. Sydney watched him as his mind was turning, comping up with ideas. He looked to with the same look in his eyes. Not the hope of an idea, but panic, worry, love. "Be careful." He pleaded.
Sydney stepped forward and leaned close to him. "I always am, just to see you agian."

Her heart was blazing, pounding fast. Her mind ran wild, joggled. And she looked around, snapping her head this way and that way. Her eyes darted everywhere. She was being cautious, worried, obvious. She slowed her quick pace to normal and took a deep breath. She looked straight ahead and tried to be calm.
A piece of paper was shoved into her hand by some passing agent. She looked down to see what it was. Sloane wanted her to come to his office. Her nervous state started all over again.
She headed to Sloane's office, her mind a blur. Pressure was on her upper arm as she was tugged to the side into another hallway. Her arm was twisted back and a hand slapped over her mouth. "Don't worry, I'm here to help." He losened his grip and she slowly turned around, not believing him.
"Why would you want to help me?" Sydney asked, not convinced.
"Kane had Sloane convinced you're a double, like your father." Sark explained. "If you go in his office, he'll take you into custidy."
Sydney glared at Sark. "What do you want?"
Sark gave her a disapointed look. "You always think I want something."
"You don't do anything unless it benifets you." She replied sharply.
Sark nodded. "True." Then it was silent.
"So what do you want?" Sydney asked, getting to the point.
"I can protect you from suspicion, from Kane and Sloane." Sark began. "If you give me the information I want on SD-6."
Sydney's eyes narrowed. "What makes you think I have any information on SD-6?"
"Besides the fact that you work here, you rescued Marshall." Sark pointed out. "And he still hasn't returned. So whoever you're working undercover for has him."
That was proof right there that Sark knew all along that she and her father were doubles. If it was possible, Sydney was even MORE convinced that Sark was working with Kane and, Derevko. Sydney studied him carefuly. "What do you want the information for?"
Sark looked around with a look of panic. "We can't talk about this here. Meet me where we did last time in two hours.
Sydney was quiet a minute. That gave her plenty of time. She nodded. "Fine."
Sark pointed to the elevator at the end of the hall. "I suggest you get out of here. Quick." Then he left and turned the corner. Sydney headed for the elevator and the end of the hall.

I'll write more later, my brother has to use the computer. ^_^

I am really getting into this fic...Please write more soon. After seeing that preview for Alias last night with S/V all the way...I am desperate for more! :D

Back