Distant

Okay, here's the rest of Chapter 8

Chapter 8-Part 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Syd, you can't possibly trust him!" Vaughn insisted. Sydney sighed. She knew this was going to be difficult.
"Sydney, you KNOW he's working with Kane and Derevko." Jack said. "This is part of their plan."
Sydney glared at her father. "Of course I know that! But what am I supose to do? Stay here? Let their suspicions rise? Or let Sloane take me into custidy?" It was quiet. No one spoke. "I don't trust Sark, I hate him, I wish he were dead. But I'd rather make a deal with him than with Kane or Derevko. Sark is offering to help me for the information he wants. If I make this deal with him, I will stay alive and free. That way, I'll be able to work to stop whatever plan he and Kane and Derevko have."
"You trust that Sark won't betray you?" Vaughn asked, his green eyes glowing with disbelief. "That he'll keep his end of the bargin?"
Sydney shook her head. "I use to think that he was likt that. But Sark's not stupid. If he did that, it would eliminate his chances of ever making a deal with me again." Sydney shook her head. "He won't turn his back, he'll keep his end."
"What does he want the information for?" Jack asked. "Did he say? He can't just expect you to give it to him."
"I'm supose to meet with him in two hours." Sydney replied. "He said he'd tell me then."
Vaughn stood still. He was not happy, he didn't like this at all. The way she was standing up for Sark, it made him sick. He knew it made perfect sense, what she said. But he couldn't take it. He didn't trust Sark, he hated him. And so did Sydney, and he knew that. He didn't like Sydney being with Sark in anyway before, and he doesn't now.
Vaughn could tell by the look on Jack's face that he didn't like it either. "You can't honestly believe, that he'll tell you the truth." Jack stated.
"I'll be the judge of that." Sydney responded. She turned to Vaughn. "I've been meaning to ask, how is Marshall doing?"
Vaughn had to think a minute. "He's doing great. He's really happy working for us."
Sydney had a little smile. "Good." There was a silence, and they were all uncomfortable. Especialy Jack.
"COntact me as soon as you're done meeting with Sark." Jack said. Sydney nodded as he walked past her leaving the warehouse.
Sydney and Vaughn stood there, in silence. Sydney looked up at him. "Vaughn please don't be mad."
Vaughn shook his head as he shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not."
She studied him, not convinced. "I don't like it when you lie to me." Vaughn didn't say anything. "I don't know why this is bothering you so much. I've done this sort of thing before!"
"Things were differen't!" Vaughn yelled over her, startling her. Vaughn lowered his voice. "Sydney, things are more dangerous now. Sark has a plan, and this is part of it. Whether it benifets him, or you or both, it is a plan."
Sydney just stared in silence. She shook her head in disbelief. "You think I don't know that? Weren't you listening to ANYTHING I said?"
"Of course I was!" Vaughn replied with his firm voice.
"Then what the hell is the problem Vaughn?" Sydney yelled, her voice echoed in the warehouse. She was surprised by her outburst, Vaughn was too.
After a moment of silence Vaughn spoke. "You're a soy Sydney. I think I'll let you figure it out." He walked past her headed for the gate.
Sydney turned around and faced his back. "You know what you're problem is?" Vaughn stopped, but he didn't turn around. "You're so full of yourself, you have to be right all the time. And now you're not and you know it."
Vaughn slowly turned around. He looked at her with tears he dare not shed. "Is that what you think Sydney?" She was quiet. "From our past experiences, I'd say it was the other way around." Then he pulled the gate open and left.
He was right, she knew it. She hurt him, really hurt him. She couldn't believe she said that to him. She felt terrible. But she was still mad at him.

Sydney sat on her bed, starring at the words of the book, but not reading. A lot was on her mind, and she waited for the time to go by. THings didnt go the way she expected with Vaughn. She couldn't think of anything else.
"Hey." A quiet voice interupted her thoughts. It was Will. He sat on the edge of her bed, looking at her concerned. "Are you okay? I haven't talked to you lately."
Sydney sighed and dropped her book. Then she went into a long detailed description of everything that's happened since they last talked. Except the moments she had with Vaughn. She wasn't ready to share that. It was difficult, going over it all. Especaily her mother, she didn't want to cry, at least not when Vaughn wasn't there. So she didn't cry.
When she was done, Will was quiet. He shook his head. "I know I don't have any experience in this, and I probably don't know what I'm talking about but, I agree with Vaughn about Sark."
Sydney nodded. "I know, I do too." Will looked at her questionably. "But Sark's plan right now will keep me alive to work against him. All they're after is the information they need on SD-6."
"But Syd, you and your father made a perfectly well explained asumption that their plan is to take you two and SD-6 down." Will reasoned. "After you give Sark the information, he'll use whatever proof to get Sloane to come after you!"
Sydney shook her head. "They have to take down SD-6 FIRST, so that they can blame it on my dad and I, since they have proof we're double agents. If we're dead, Kane, Derevko and Sark will have no one to blame."
Will still looked worried. "I still don't trust Sark."
"I don't either. But I have to do this." Sydney replied. She looked at her watch. "Will, I've gotta go. I"ll see you soon." She got off her bed and grabbed her coat.
"OKay, bye." Will said. "And Syd?" She turned to face him. "Be careful."
She smiled. Everyone was saying that. "I will."

She put all her strength into slamming her car door. Sark leaned against his car, hands in pockets, the sun making his sunglasses gleam. She walked around her car with her arms folded. She pushed herself back, slamming into the car. Sark looked at her entertained. "Bad day Sydney?"
"Shut up." She said flattly. "Now what do you want that information for?"
His lips were curved into a very small smiled. "That's not important. What's important, is your life."
Sydney glared at him with hate and anger in her eyes. "You don't give a damn for my life. Son't give me this your-life-is-important stuff. I want to know what you want the information for."
"And I'm sure you want to stay alive." Sark responded. Sydney, with her arms still crossed, gripped her shirt. She was in a bad mood right now, the last thing she needed was to talk to a smart-alek like Sark. "It's either your life, or the information. I'll give you twenty-four hours." He opened his car door and climbed in. He drove away as Sydney got in her car.

~~~~~~~

grr... I don't like Sark. You portrayed him perfectly. :smiley: Great two chapter-- both parts of it. I love the fluff in pt. 1... always great! and very fun to visualize, even though it may never happen. Great job, I can't wait to see more!

I don't know how many times I can say this, but, Alias, you write some of the best fics I've ever read. Please keep writing more!!!

MMmMmMmm.....GoOd!!! Keep it up. You keep me at the edge of my seat...
It was also good to imagine ME in the place of Sydney, but you know, she works just as well...

Okay, it's a little late, but I was busy rewatching Alias!!!! It was SOOO good!! But anyway, here's more of my story!!!

Chapter 9
~~~~~~~~

"So he didn't say what he wanted the information for?" Jack asked, not surprised.
Sydney shook her head. "No."
"It doesn't matter, we already know." Jack asured her.
Sydney looked at him in surprise. "Dad, we only have an asumption. Sure it's perfectly logical and sensable, but it could be WAY off!"
"Even if he would have told you, it probably would've been a lie." Jack watched his daughter. "I'll have Marshall prepare the information for you."
"Dad we can't!" Sydney said shocked.
"We have to Sydney." Jack reasoned. "If you don't, Sark won't speak with Sloane and your life will be in danger. Sark probably won't talk to Sloane anyway."
"We've been through this." Sydney reminded him. "If they take us down before they take down SD-6, they'll have no one to blame."
"It's just an asumption." Jack told her. Sydney starred at him, his comment was true. "We need to be prepared incase Sark doesn't hold up his end of the bargin." Sydney nodded. "I suggest you go over this with your case officer." That hit her, she looked up at him with startlement. "He'll most likely be able to help you. I"ll be helping as well."
"We're not going to tell Kendal about this?" Sydney asked.
"He'll only get in the way." Jack told her.
"I know, but he'll want a report for Vaughn soon." Sydney said.
"I'll go over it with him." Jack said. That was a shock to Sydney. Her father going over something with Vaughn. Hopefuly peacefuly.
Sydney nodded. "Alright."

"My father wants your help with-"
"I know." Vaughn nodded. "I just got off the phone with him."
Sydney paused. "Oh." She looked at the ground. "So how are you going to prepare me for this?" She asked firmly, still mad at him. They were both having attitudes right now.
"Actually, I think we should wait for your father." Vaughn said with a bit of a snotty tone. "I'm sure he'll want to be a part of it."
Sydney's eyes narrowed. "You can't speak for my father Vaughn. He told me to prepare with you."
"Sydney he's your father! He'll want to be a part of developing a stratagy, he'll want to know what's going on!" IT was funny, Vaughn was speaking like he knew Jack and Sydney didn't.
He was right and she knew it. But she wasn't going to admitt that. "If that were true, he would have told me that." She said quietly yet firmly.
Vaughn shook his head and sighed. He looked at her apologeticly. "I'm sorry Sydney. It's just that I have to be right all the time, and now I"m not and I know it."
It took all her strength not to slap him. He was mocking her. She gripped the side of her coat. She knew she would regret slapping him if she did. "We'll do this when you're in a better mood." She said calmly. Then she turned and left.

Ariana walked in Sloane's office. "You wanted to see me?"
Sloane looked up at her. "Yes. We still ahven't found Sydney. She was seen around here a few hours ago, but she's gone."
"She's afraid to come in." Ariana stated. "She's probably figured that we'd suspect her."
Sloane nodded. "Yes, but she wouldn't just not come in. It'd make it too obvious."
ARiana stood from the chair. "I'll send someone to investigate imedietly."

Jack held out a thick file. Sydney opened it. Two disked were inside, and hundreds of paper filled it. "This is all the information on SD-6 Marshall had."
Sydney closed the file and tucked it under her arm. "Okay."
"Have you devised a stratagy with Vaughn?" Jack asked, right when she was turning to leave.
Sydney hesitated. She couldn't tell him the truth. She'll just take whatever comes, she doesn't need a plan. She nodded. "Yes."
Jack noticed there was something wrong, but he didn't ask. "Good luck." Sydney got in her car.

I"ll write more later, I have to go cause my dad wants me off the computer now.^_^

OMG it's all erased!! LOL I'll write the rest later. Man, I was so glad when I finished too. Oh well.

Um.....I was wondering, does anyone want me to repost the last few chapters on here?? Or is this story foregotten and sitting in the dust??

Great story!!! Please write more soon!! Is it just me or did Sydney seem really mean in this chapter. She really hurt vaughn. please tell me that they fix everything!!!!!
Well please post more soon~

Back