Disturbed

*happy er... tragic reading, anyway, i wanted to say, replies make me write so reply reply reply and read! thanks

Chapter 5

Vaughn felt his jaw drop. He had never considered the possibility that she would ever a problem again. Kelly Peyton.

“What the...” His voice trailed off as he whipped his head frantically around the room, hoping against hope that this was a joke. He never never expected that something like this would happen.

“I need something from you, Mr. Vaughn.” She said, sounding coy at being so smart at her own game. She climbed slowly off the bed and Vaughn started to reach for his gun that he carried around but she stopped him. “I wouldn't do that if I were you.”

“Why not?” He snarled, taunting her, hoping she would take the bait and lose her cool. He felt Lauren shrink back slightly at his harsh tone, it was harsher than the one that he had used with her. He felt his hands turn into fists and he struggled to control his temper. “What do you want?”
“Well, as I don't have anybody I know that's field rated, I need some agents who will fetch me the items I need to do finish Rambaldi's prophecy.” She said, her words flowing like silk, not even flinching or looking surprised at his tone. She simply smiled and walked slowly around the room, Vaughn and Lauren watching her progress.

“I'll do anything, but, when we are done, no one knows who helped you and we get the tape, with any copies you made.” Vaughn said, with a tone of finality.

“Deal.” She smirked slightly. “You always wanted to keep your relationship so sweet and keep your wife from knowing your other side didn't you.” She threw a cellphone down on the table. “This is yours. Ms. Reed, you will answer me at any time I call and then call Mr. Vaughn. No deviating from this plan or your wife will get a copy of this tape and your superiors, Mrs. Reed. Yes, I know who you are working for.” Peyton added, looking smug at the look of surprise and shock on her face.

“If you give them that tape, they will kill me and Michael.” She said, sounding hoarse and shocked.

“I know, funny how that works.” She gave them another one of her famous smiles and sauntered over to the door. It slammed shut behind her and the two left behind were shocked into silence. They just stared at the door where they had last seen her.

“Michael. I'm sorry.” Michael turned his fierce glare on her.

“Who do you work for?” He demanded.

“I work for a emerging group that is being set up like the Covenant.” She said, almost cringing at the name.

“Fine. I'm going home.” He really meant to go home too. He started home, but ended up going to the hockey arena, like he said he was going too. He pulled out the bag of gear he kept in his trunk all the time and went out on the ice. He was so fed up with all this business. Why hadn't he just resisted her. Why couldn't he have just killed her on sight. He sighed and plopped down on the bleachers. He went and showered, trying not to cry.

<O><O><O><O>

Vaughn entered into his empty house, as Sydney and Nadia weren't back yet. He warmed up some of the leftover mashed potatoes and steak and sat watching an old King's game. About 10:00 he heard the key scratching in the door. He made up his mind to tell her, get it over with. Tell her about everything and then it wouldn't matter if he did what Peyton said. He would be able to live with her.

“Hey!” She said, a dimpled smile lit up her face. She smiled and hugged Vaughn as best as she could with the bump in the middle of her belly.

“How much money did you spend?” He asked, teasing her, giving her a small nudge.

“Dunno, probably $7000.” Vaughn felt his jaw drop, but he saw the mischievous twinkle in her eyes and pretended to pout.
The moment was ruined by the ringing of the telephone.

Well, I'm glad about one thing. That's that Lauren isn't the one behind the blackmail. She's just as afraid of that tape being released as Michael is.

Michael is correct, it's better to tell Sydney now and live with the consequences of her knowing he cheated, than to be under Peyton's power. But we all know that's not going to happen- it's too late. Sydney will eventually find out he cheated, is working with his ex, and helping the enemy. Michael won't just end up sleeping on the couch.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Telling Syd is gonna be really hard. . . .
Shes going to feel furious, hurt and betrayed and i really cant blame her.

And Kelly Peyton. . even though shes mean in this fic i normally really like her. :D

Hey Kay! Thanks for the hug! :hug: :smiley:

Oh no...he's gonna tell her??
Can't wait to see how this goes
It's definitely better that he tells her as hard as it may be
There's no way to be sure that Peyton will hand over the tape even if he does what she wants.
She's gonna be so hurt. Can't believe he would risk everything just because he couldn't
control himself.
Also, I still can't believe Lauren had nothing to do with the blackmail
It was just to easy to get him into bed and then to ironically have Peyton there to tape it
Too much of a coincidence if you ask me.

Ooh... he's gonna tell Syd, that should be interesting.

Let's just hope for Michael's sake that there aren't any guns or other dangerous weapons nearby. :lol:

Wonderful chappie guys :D

Thanks for the pm. Keep up the great work. ^_^

Vaughn really needs to tell Syd what is going on cause she is gonna find out...Nothing good ever comes from being black mailed...He better hope he can convinve her to forgive him and maybe they can find out that he is still conditioned from when he married Lauren(one can hope anyway...
Thanks for the pm.

He really needs to tell Syd. It won't be pretty ,and it will be probably better for him to avoid Jack :boxing: . Still it will be better if she hears it from Vaughn.

vaughn needs to speak to syd because she will find out eventually and things will be worse the longer he leaves it!
thanks for the PM cant wait for more :D

He made up his mind to tell her, get it over with. Tell her about everything and then it wouldn't matter if he did what Peyton said. He would be able to live with her.
It will hurt her less if he tells her rather than sydney finding out on her own which we all know she will if he doesn't

OY! I want a PM!

I've been trying to figure out what's going to happen with this.

I mean, I don't like Lauren not being in on the evil... or the idea that he really did sleep with her out of his own free will... something has to be up...

I'm really big on angst->fluff... so I cannot wait to see how this carries out.

So yea, AWESOME STORY, and can I get a pm?

Him telling her can read nowhere good.
Stupid Vaughn!! } A sentence I never thought I'd say...
Longer update soon please!!!!!!

PM LIST

derevkointraining
NadiaSantosFan
MH55995
Michael_Vartan_Hottie
6helterskelter6
Nicky_Bristow
shelby87
sydneymicheal
laura_vaughn
texasalias2004
ChrisM
dandan
gtg
SpygirlAmy
farliieansds225
kellypeytonrocks
albob
fire*N*ice
Kate_14
Agent Bristow-Vaughn
gtwallichs
cookiesncreamdream
li'l_roo
vaughnshoney
Mountaineer
blknight
cookiemonster
angels_fire_88
syd-157
dark shadow
_Freelancer_
jc_alias
oooRevesDouxooo
SpyGirl426
tubby
redwolf88

SpyChic16
jah_alias
ambre
Tiiulicious
gtwallichs
jadeygirl
bendypinkone

Hey guys, don't worry we haven't forgotten about this fic. :D Anyways, here's the next chapter, hope you guys like it...

~Kay ^_^

<O> <O> <O> <O> <O>

Chapter Six:

The moment was ruined by the ringing of the telephone.

And it wasn’t the house phone.

Vaughn felt like hurling the cell phone that Peyton had given him out the window. He quickly went over to where he had carelessly left it on the table.

“You got a new phone?” Sydney asked surprised and a bit suspicious.

“Yeah… uh… I gotta take this.” He said, kissing her on the forehead. “I’ll be back soon and then you can tell me about all the wonderfully expensive things that you bought our child.” He said, trying to lighten up the suddenly dark mood that had enveloped the room.

He felt Sydney’s eyes following him as he walked outside.

“Hello?” He whispered, glancing back into the house tentatively. Sydney was sitting on the couch with her feet propped up on the coffee table, digging through one of her many shopping bags.

“We’ve got our first assignment.” Lauren said, sounding slightly frazzled.

“Are you sure this phone is safe?” Michael hissed. The last thing he needed was the CIA hearing his conversation with a known terrorist.

“Positive.” Lauren said. “Listen carefully. Be at the hotel by 3 tomorrow morning. There will be someone waiting in a silver Honda. He’ll take you to the plane; I’ll explain the details there.” Before he could respond, Lauren hung up.

Vaughn slumped down into the nearby chair. Glancing back at his beautiful Sydney, he made a decision. He wasn’t going to tell her. She had suffered enough; she didn’t need to add his infidelity to the list of betrayals she had experienced. He was going to do whatever they wanted and make this nightmare go away. Sighing, he went back into the house, acting happy as Sydney showed him the toys she had bought for their child.

An hour later, Sydney went to bed exhausted from shopping.

Michael stayed awake, too worried about what he was doing to rest. Around 1:30, he snuck back into their bedroom. He stood in the doorway, observing his wife for a moment before grabbing the duffel bag that he always had ready in case of an emergency.

He left a short note for Sydney on the counter, telling her that a contact of his had found a lead on Lauren’s whereabouts, and that he was going to investigate.

With a heavy heart, he drove to the now all too familiar hotel. After double backing a few times and stopping at the grocery store to throw off any pursuers, he pulled into the hotel’s parking lot.

The moonlight illuminated the car Lauren had sent for him, making it stand out in the night. He ran over and quickly slipped into the passenger’s seat, praying to God that no one had seen him.

After driving for an hour, the car stopped at a small, hidden air field. The man grunted and gestured for him to get out.

Climbing out of the car, Michael grabbed his bag and walked quickly to the awaiting plane.

Inside, Lauren was sitting, sipping some tea.

“Want some?” She asked pleasantly.

“Don’t try to get civil with me. Just cut the felgercarb and tell me what we’re doing.” Michael snapped.

Lauren sighed and put the cup down. She tossed him a folder and motioned for him to sit down next to her. Instead, he took the seat across from her, vowing to stay as far away from this woman as possible

“Peyton was able to locate a journal that we believe is Rambaldi’s. She wants us to get it.” Lauren said, passing him a photograph of a very tattered journal. “It’s being kept at the house of Emilio Aguinaldo, the first Philippine president. We’ll be attending the ball there. The document is on the 3rd floor of the house. I’ll create a distraction and you’ll go and get it.” Lauren said simply.

“That’s the plan?” Michael asked in disbelief. “You’ve got to be kidding me.” He muttered.

“What?” Lauren demanded.

“We’re going to get killed. It’s too vague. We need backup plans.” Michael said. “I’ve been doing this kind of thing a lot longer than you. I’ll give you the plan.” He said, beginning to describe what they were going to do.

Finally, when Michael was satisfied, he walked to the back of the plane and tried to get some sleep.

When they arrived in Manila, they took a jeepney to their hotel. Lauren had a short black wig on, large sunglasses, and a hat to help disguise her appearance.

“Please don’t tell me we only have one room.” Michael whispered as they walked into the hotel lobby.

“Relax, we have two.” Lauren said, sounding slightly disappointed.

“We’ve got an hour before we have to leave, you should get ready.” Lauren said, slipping into her room.

Michael nodded, and took a long shower. 30 minutes later, he put on his tux but was struggling with his bow tie when he heard her come in. She was wearing a short red strapless dress.

“Let me get that.” She said, reaching over and tying it expertly. “When we were married you always had trouble with these.” She mumbled softly.

“Do not ever refer to the time when I was stupid enough to be blinded by your lies and was married to you.” Michael spat. Lauren backed away, looking hurt.

“The car’s waiting.” She said before grabbing her purse and walking out the door.

Michael took one last look in the mirror before he left to join her.

The drive there was painfully silent and awkward. Michael made no attempt to socialize while Lauren tried to start a conversation. Finally Michael snapped.

“Lauren, I am not here to talk about the weather or anything else. I am here for one purpose only and that is to protect Sydney.” Michael said.

“Do you really think that you’re any better than me, Michael?” Lauren asked. “You’re just as bad. Look where we are, look at what we’re about to do. Don’t treat me like a criminal when you’re one too.” She flung the door open and walked away.

Michael slipped his comm. into his ear and waited a few seconds before following her.

He walked up the first flight of steps into the main dining room. He glanced around, taking in the magnificent art work in the room. Then he noticed Lauren in the corner, sipping a glass of champagne.

He turned his attention back to the mission. Quickly locating the stairs leading to the 3rd floor, he positioned himself near them, ready to move when Lauren created the distraction.

“Shoot.” Lauren muttered.

“What?” Michael asked.

“Jack’s here.” Lauren replied

“We’ll have to move fast then.” Michael said. “I’m going for the artifact.”

Michael slipped out of the room and ran quickly up to the 3rd floor.

“Michael, he’s coming your way!” Lauren whispered. “I couldn’t do anything without him identifying me.”

“Shoot.” Michael muttered. His heart pounded as he heard the footsteps becoming louder, coming closer to him. He looked around frantically, looking for a way out. But there was none. There were no other doors, not even a window.

He felt his chest tighten as his breathing began to spiral out of control. He didn't have time to panic, he needed to focus on getting out.

The floorboards by the door creaked slightly, warning Michael that his time was running out. The man who would destroy his life if he found out the truth was blocking off the only escape route in the room.

<O> <O> <O> <O> <O>

:hide:

Great update. I really liked that Lauren wasn't a huge bitch in this. I hope everything works out of Sydney and Vaughn and Jack doesn't catch Michael.

Thanks for the pm

Back