Disturbed

Great update. It's good to know that maybe Vaughn and Lauren can work together when they have to. The ending was cute :blush: I loved it!

Thanks for the pm :hug:

Hey guys, just a short update today... but I thought this one was cute.... anyways, hope you like it and thanks for reading! :D

~Kay ^_^

Chapter 8

<O> <O> <O> <O> <O>

To Vaughn’s dismay, that night was one of the lasts that he would spend with Sydney. Over the next few weeks, Peyton sent him on numerous missions all over the world, without any regard to what time it was or how apprehensive his wife was becoming.

Sydney’s anxiety soon turned into suspicion. Although he tried to keep quiet, she had caught Vaughn sneaking out at random times of the night. Though he always left an excuse, a part of her found it hard to believe them all.

As Sydney was driving home from yet another appointment with OB/GYN that Vaughn had missed, she thought back to when they had started to grow apart. Around the time when Lauren had resurfaced, Vaughn had been acting strangely, almost too happy for someone who had just learned that his ex-wife-who-had-betrayed-him-and-tried-to-kill-the-woman-he-loved was back from the dead.

Sydney pulled into the driveway of her father’s apartment complex. This was one of his rare days off and they had arranged to have lunch together.

When Sydney walked into the house, she was hit by the pungent smell of burning food. She walked into the kitchen and laughed at the sad sight before her.

Her father was dressed in an apron, all sorts of food stains splattered on the white fabric. A coat of flour covered the left side of his face. The stove was open, a pan full of unidentifiable goop sitting on the edge, threatening to fall to the floor. Her father stood by the microwave, mittens on his hands, attempting to stop the small growing fire.

The smoke rose slowly to the ceiling and set off the smoke alarm. The loud blaring beeping echoed through the house.

“Hey dad!” Sydney shouted over the alarm. “Need any help?”

Her father looked over at her desperately, signaling frantically for her help. Within a few minutes they were able to put out the fire. Unfortunately, the white microwave was now charred black and ruined. Thankfully, the fire alarm had stopped.

Sydney let out a laugh. “You know dad, this is one of those very rare occasions where I question your brilliance.”

“One of those very rare occasions?” Jack repeated. “When else have you questioned my brilliance?”

“A few weeks ago when we were putting together the crib for the baby’s room and it wouldn’t fit through the door.” Sydney replied, ignoring the fact that Vaughn was off ‘following another lead’ instead of helping prepare his child’s room. Jack gave a defeated shrug. “What were you trying to do?” Sydney asked.

“I had some extra time, so I thought it would be nice if I made some desert. I was trying to melt some chocolate, but I didn’t notice that this paper plate had little aluminum foil decorative thingys on it.” Jack said, pointing out a small fleck of silver amongst the blackened mess. “And when I went over to try to put out the fire, I forgot about the cake in the stove and so that started burning. Then I ran over there to try and save that…” Jack paused, staring at Sydney who was attempting not to laugh. “You know what… just… just go into the dining room, I’ve got the other food in there.”

Sydney nodded and walked to the next room, finally bursting out in laughter. Jack came in a few minutes later, all cleaned up and back to his normal self, but there was a small smile that played across his face. Sydney filled her plate with a pile of food and began to eat.

“You know dad, you’re actually not a bad cook.” Sydney mumbled as she took another bite out of the stuffed shells.

“Yes. I just can’t cook deserts.” Jack replied, taking a sip of lemonade.

Sydney ate in silence, her thoughts turning back to her husband. Jack saw the worried look cross her face and decided to investigate.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, putting down his fork.

“Nothing.” Sydney muttered, avoiding eye contact.

“Sydney, just because I can’t cook doesn’t mean I’ve lost my abilities as a spy. I can see through you.” Jack said.

Sydney sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. “It’s just that… me and Vaughn…” she glanced over to the window, wishing that she were anywhere but here. “We’ve just… we’ve been drifting apart.”

Jack raised his eyebrows, but remained silent, waiting for his daughter to continue.

“Ever since he found out that Lauren was alive, it seems that he’s just thrown himself into work. He’s been following so many leads lately, things that have turned out as dead ends… I’m just worried about him. He’s been leaving at the oddest times, late at night… I’m just afraid that he’s doing things that he doesn’t have to… following leads that are risky or dangerous…” A tear escaped from her pained eyes. “We’re not as close anymore. He barely talks to me whenever he’s home. I need him… the baby needs him. I can’t lose him dad. I can’t lose him to Lauren again.”

Jack nodded and stood up, putting his arm around her. “Look, I’ll go keep an eye on him, make sure he’s safe ok?”

“Thanks dad.” Sydney said, attempting to smile. “I don’t know whether I’m being paranoid or hormonal but I’m worried about him.”

“It’s ok sweetheart.” Jack said softly. “I’ll make sure nothing happens to him.”

<O> <O> <O> <O> <O>

PM LIST- Let one of us know if you want on or off...

derevkointraining
NadiaSantosFan
MH55995
Michael_Vartan_Hottie
6helterskelter6
Nicky_Bristow
shelby87
sydneymicheal
laura_vaughn
texasalias2004
ChrisM
dandan
gtg
SpygirlAmy
farliieansds225
kellypeytonrocks
albob
fire*N*ice
Kate_14
Agent Bristow-Vaughn
gtwallichs
cookiesncreamdream
li'l_roo
vaughnshoney
Mountaineer
blknight
cookiemonster
angels_fire_88
syd-157
dark shadow
_Freelancer_
jc_alias
oooRevesDouxooo
SpyGirl426
tubby
redwolf88

SpyChic16
jah_alias
ambre
Tiiulicious
gtwallichs
jadeygirl
bendypinkone
Sydney Bristow, CIA

“Ever since he found out that Lauren was alive, it seems that he’s just thrown himself into work. He’s been following so many leads lately, things that have turned out as dead ends… I’m just worried about him. He’s been leaving at the oddest times, late at night… I’m just afraid that he’s doing things that he doesn’t have to… following leads that are risky or dangerous…” A tear escaped from her pained eyes. “We’re not as close anymore. He barely talks to me whenever he’s home. I need him… the baby needs him. I can’t lose him dad. I can’t lose him to Lauren again.”

Now then, Jack is probably thinking that Vaughn is following his orders to hunt down Lauren and kill her. Not knowing that Vaughn isn't hunting down Lauren but had sex with her and is working side by side with her.

And, I knew that Peyton wouldn't stop with just one or two missions. She has both Vaughn and Lauren in the palm of her hand. There is no escape unless Peyton is killed. Of course, if Lauren and Peyton are actually working together in this plot, then the two of them are playing Vaughn for a fool- and he fell for it.

Of course, Sydney still doesn't know that Vaughn willingly cheated on her. It's going to take a lot for Sydney to get over that.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Oh no. . .Shes getting suspicious. . :eek:
and now i really hate Peyton.
:angry: that darn witch is sending him on so many missions!

Thanks for the amazing update Kay! :hug:

LOL for a visual of Jack in an apron trying to make a chocolate cake! OMG, I'm still laughing about that! I'm glad that Syd talked to him about Vaughn. She does need for him to be there for her. He needs to pull his head out of his butt and go back to his family. I hope he finishes with Payton soon!

Can't wait for another update!

i always assumed jack would be some amazing chef
hah
oh hes gonna fnd out about vaughsn collaboration with lauren
vaughns dead

I can't wait to see what happens.

Will Jack tell Vaughn to back off his quest to find and destroy Lauren?
Will he follow Vaughn and find out?

How will she find out? Will he just grow the balls to suck it up and tell her the truth? Or will it be at a bad moment, like she's kidnapped by Peyton, goes into labor, and the truth comes out...

Great update. I'm really glad Jack is supporting Sydney in this while Vaughn is off with Lauren. I can't wait for the next update.

Thanks for the pm :hug:

thank you guys so much for reading and reviewing :hug:

Jess: hahaha, gotta love chef jackie :lol:
Angie: hehehe, thanks, i actually did accidentally start a small fire like that once when a friend and i were trying to make a cake :lol:

Chapter 9

Sydney was woken up by the sounds of someone sneaking in the bedroom in the middle of the night. She cracked open her eyes and saw Vaughn quickly undressing. He slipped into bed effortlessly, giving her a kiss.

“Sorry I’m so late.” He mumbled into the ear. He kissed her again and wrapped his strong arms around her ever growing waist. Sydney turned around in his grasp and they went to sleep. The next morning Vaughn was up first and fixed breakfast for her, his attempt to say that he was sorry. Sydney ate in silence, hoping he would say something more about the mission that he had been on.

“The lead proved to be false. I called a favor in on one of my liaisons, but they saw someone who was almost her twin, but wasn’t at all her. We questioned her, but she is who she says she is.” Vaughn sounded quite upset that he hadn’t gotten Lauren and although Sydney could detect something else behind it, she decided against pursuing it. She didn’t want to spend these precious few moments that Vaughn was home with her interrogating him.

“I’m sorry.” Sydney said, laying her hand on top of Vaughn’s, who turned his hand over and gave her a little massage. “I hate this, but we have to go into work now.” Sydney said, sighing.

“Yeah.” Vaughn said quietly and they got up and have got up and went to work.

“Hello.” Weiss said as the elevator dinged and he stepped out. Nadia had come in earlier to talk to Dixon about a small problem in her final moving from Argentine Intelligence to APO. Suddenly Vaughn jumped slightly and swore as his cell phone started to vibrate in his pocket.

“What?” Sydney asked, slightly annoyed.

“Stupid phone.” Vaughn said and turned back and away so that he could answer and see what Peyton wanted them to do this time. “What?” He answered the phone, knowing that Lauren would be on the other end. He had waited tensely for him to pick up, knowing that if she didn’t, the consequences were unimaginable. Both of them would be killed or worse.

“Well, see this time Peyton wants us to go after a certain article.” Lauren said, her voice shaking slightly. This mission had obviously meant something meaningful to Peyton. She was pressuring them to complete it perfectly. There was no room for error here.

“I’ll be there ASAP, bye.” Vaughn turned around to see a frowning and large Sydney waiting for him.

“What now?” She asked frowning.

“Another lead on Lauren from Ismal Pilhmann, he’s been very helpful so far, he’s to one that told us about the lead in Lisbon, even though she was gone by the time we got to the hotel she was staying at.” Vaughn said, putting his hands on her shoulders and kissing her. “I think I should go on this one.”

“Vaughn.” Sydney said. “You just got another lead! It’s been less than 24 hours!”

“I know. I’m sorry.” Vaughn said, kissing her again, giving her shoulders a slight squeeze.

“Okay.” Sydney shrugged his hands off and ran off to catch up with Weiss who was waiting, looking puzzled at the scene that had just taken place before him.

“See you!” Vaughn yelled after her, not bothering that he might be annoying people with his yelling. He ran out the APO door and sprinted as fast to the car and squealed off, trying to go faster if possible.

In the Hotel Room

Lauren ushered him quickly into the hotel room, looking both ways down the deserted hallway before shutting the door. She bolted it shut, glad that Vaughn had helped her install an extra bolt for safety. She turned to see him sitting down on the couch.

“There is a temporary DSR headquarters set up. They have recently retrieved a Rambaldi artifact. Peyton wants us to retrieve it and give it back to her. This has extra importance to her and her employers because it can bomb a country the size of the United States. Understand?” Lauren said. She sat down with her feet curled up underneath her on the opposite side of the couch.

Vaughn groaned and put his head into his hands. He sighed and nodded. “Just… I just…I need a minute.” He got up and banged his head into the bedroom door a couple of times, hating the situation that he was in. He pulled out his cell phone and hit 2, which was Sydney’s speed dial number, and pressed the call button.

“Hello?” She answered after a couple of rings. “Vaughn?” She said after a few moments of silence.

“Hey.” Vaughn said, closing his eyes and thinking about how blissful her voice sounded when he needed to be helped along.

“What’s up?” She asked.

“This is a concrete lead. I might be away a little longer.” Vaughn said, waiting for her to explode at him or be mad. “I’m sorry that I’m going away again.” She remained silent.

“Look Vaughn, I need you here, we are having a baby soon. I need to know you are going to be here. I don’t want to have to do this alone. We’re drifting apart! I hardly see you anymore! I don’t want to lose you again, I need you!” She said near hysterics, and Vaughn could hear her crying in the background. It broke his heart to know that they were drifting about and that it was his fault. But there was nothing he could do. It was either drift apart from Sydney for a while or he’d lose her completely.

“I know, this isn’t any easier for me than it is for you. Just Sydney, please, be here when I come back. I promise that I’ll be home soon.” Vaughn knew he was begging and he closed his eyes, listening to her breathing on the other end. “I’m sorry, I have to go, I’m so sorry, I love you.” He waited for a moment, and waited for her to say something else.

“Bye.” That was all that she said before a beeping told him that Sydney had hung up.

“We have to leave, Vaughn.” Lauren said.

“Coming.” He replied.

<O><O><O><O><O>

Sorry about how long it has been.
Nadia and Kay

Back