Disturbed

I can almost guarantee if Michael misses the birth of his child, he won't have to worry about Sydney getting mad at him the next time he leaves for a mission. She'll be saying goodbye to him instead.

Michael should realize by now that Peyton is playing him like a fiddle and I'm betting Lauren is a party to it. Lauren had Michael conditioned to have sex with her so that she'd have control over him and break up his relationship with Sydney.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Aww i cant believe he's leaving? :cry: i hope they can make it back quickly... Syds gonna get real mad if she gives birth and he's not there. :(

thanks for the pm! :hug: and please dont make up wait so long for another update!!

Thanks for the reviews guys and once again, sorry for the wait...

ETA: Sorry if you got mulitple pms or if you didn't get one at all... I was having some problems...

Chapter 10

<O> <O> <O> <O> <O>

Vaughn sat on the plane, silently trying to memorize the plans of the museum.

“What are you doing?” Lauren asked, walking over to him.

“Figuring out how I’m going to get in and steal the artifact.” Michael muttered, his eyes fixed on the blueprint laid out in front of him.

“Sorry. I know you always like being in control but this time, we’re doing things my way.” Lauren replied coldly. “I just got off the phone with a contact of mine. He’s confirmed that the best way to get in and get out is to crawl through the air ducts. And you aren’t going to be doing that.”

Michael looked at her, thinking of a way to protest, but he had nothing. Ever since he had started studying the map, he had come to the same conclusion; the vents were the best way to go.

“So here’s how it’s going to be. I’ll go in, admire some of the paintings, and sip some champagne. Then I’ll slip out and go to the northwest security station and loop the feed. Then I’ll make my way up to where they’re keeping the artifact. You’re surveillance.”

Vaughn nodded, silently passed her the plans he had been studying, and then opened up another folder, full of the surveillance and tech things they would need.

“Thank you.” Lauren said before she grabbed the papers and moved to the back of the private plane.

In the silence of the plane, the only sound was the slight rustling of papers and the plane engines, Vaughn’s mind began to wander back to his wife.

When he had left, she was understandably angry. He flipped open his phone and checked the time in L.A. It was 9 in the morning. He decided to call her.

After a few rings, he got the voicemail for her cell phone. “Hey baby, it’s me. Just wanted to hear your voice. I’m sorry. I’ll be home soon. Be safe, my love. Bye.” He said.

He tucked the phone back in his pocket, wondering for a second where his wife was. He pushed that thought out of his mind and began to prepare for the mission

<O> <O> <O> <O> <O>

Sydney stepped onto the CIA plane, tired and missing her husband.

After Vaughn had left, her father had given them a mission. The DSR had an important Rambaldi artifact, but of course they weren’t willing to share. Her father had sent her, Nadia, Weiss, Dixon, and Marshall to Prague to retrieve it. Since she was pregnant, Sydney was surveillance with Marshall. Nadia was on point with Dixon and Weiss as backup.

She sat down in the nearest seat, exhausted. After taking a long drink from her cold, water bottle, she closed her eyes and slowly drifted asleep.

<O> <O> <O> <O> <O>

Vaughn sat uncomfortably on a small bench in the back of a cheap looking white van. It was parked in a dark back alley behind a small art museum. The DSR was using the top level to store the Rambaldi artifact before they would transfer it to the facility in Nevada.

Lauren was once again dressed fancily, her blond hair delicately curled in soft ringlets that cascaded over her bare shoulders.

Lauren finished adjusted her comm. before turning to Michael. “Ready?”

He nodded.

Without breaking the silence, she opened the door and dropped down to the pavement. Vaughn turned to the surveillance monitors and turned up the sound on the comm.

His eyes scanned the crowd, looking for any familiar faces that would pose as potential threats, but he could locate none. He listened to Lauren as she mingled among other art lovers, admiring the paintings.

He leaned forward in his seat and watched her walk up to the guards, who directed her to the lady’s room. Vaughn’s eyes moved to a monitor right outside the bathroom and he watched Lauren sneak into the room. He waited in silence as she fixed her makeup, waiting for two of the unsuspecting women to leave. As soon as they had exited the room, Lauren locked the door, took of her shoes, and jumped onto the counter. She walked forward a few paces and carefully pushed at a ceiling tile. After removing it, she grabbed her gold sequined purse and jumped up into the vent, being careful not to make any noise.

Vaughn listened to Lauren’s steady breathing as she climbed though the vents. He had no visual of her now and he could only pray that she really was going to get the artifact.

His eyes gazed back over to the rest of the museum when he felt his heart jump. Nadia Santos had just sauntered in. She had recovered nicely from the Lauren’s bullet and was now finally back on active duty. As Vaughn glanced around the room again, he recognized Dixon who was wearing a beard and dreadlocks and Weiss who was dressed in a ridiculously purple shirt and large sunglasses.

He watched as Weiss took a large drink from a whiskey bottle in his hand and began to talk loudly; obviously trying to make the impression that he was drunk.

The guards bought the charade and rushed over to subdue him. Nadia slipped into the hall that was now vacated and proceeded to make her way toward the surveillance station to turn off the cameras.

“Shoot” Michael muttered.

“I’ve looped the feed on the cameras. I’ll start making my way up to the top floor.” Lauren said.

“Be quick. CIA’s here. Nadia’s about 45 seconds away from your position.” Michael said quickly.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” She whispered hoarsely, furious, then panicking. She ran into the northwest monitoring station. She pulled out two guns with silencers on them and quickly shot at the 3 unsuspecting guards. Abandoning the original plan to go threw the vents, Lauren ran to the entrance of the elevator that was located in the surveillance room.

No sooner had the doors closed, did Nadia enter the room. She had just come from the adjoining room and discovered the device that Lauren had planted. She looked alarmed as she saw the elevator rise. Her unease rose as her eyes saw the dead guards.

She began to talk, her lips moving quickly as her eyes darted around the room.

Vaughn quickly began to tap into their communications system, a trick that he had learned from Marshall.

“-the elevator. Is there anyway to stop it?” Nadia asked, her eyes scanning the room.

“Lauren, they’re trying to see if they can stop the elevator.” Vaughn relayed.

“There isn’t anything I can do from here. The museum security doesn’t have that in any of their lockdown protocols so you can only shut if off manually.” Marshall said quickly.

“Damn it.” Nadia cursed. “I don’t have enough time to do that. But I’m cutting off their surveillance feeds.” She walked over to the box. As she pulled the device off, all of the screens in front of Vaughn went black.

“No!” Michael shouted.

“What?” Lauren asked.

“They’ve cut me off from surveillance.”

“Doesn’t matter. I’ve almost opened the safe. I’ll have the artifact in a few minutes.”

“Did you hear that?” Vaughn heard Marshall ask.

“No, I didn’t hear anything.” Sydney’s voice replied.

Vaughn’s heartbeat sped up when he heard her voice. He hadn’t realized that she was here as well.

“No I swore I… I think they’re… they’ve hacked into our communication system… they’re listening in on this conversation!” Marshall squeaked, frantic, as he began to type furiously, trying to correct the breach.

Soon, silence met Vaughn’s ears as his tap on the CIA comms was blocked. All he could hear was Lauren’s steady breathing.

Vaughn jumped out of his chair and began to organize all of his belongings into a bag. If worse came to worse and they had to abandon the van, he didn’t want anything of his to be lying around here when the CIA came around.

“Hello, Nadia.” Lauren’s smooth voice broke into Vaughn’s frantic searching.

“What are you doing?” He shouted, not caring if anyone heard him from outside of the van.

Lauren ignored him. “Now sounds like a good time to finish what I started, doesn’t it?” Michael heard her pull out her gun and began to shoot.

“Stop!” Michael shouted.

Sounds of a fight were the only response he got. He heard the screams of civilians and assumed that the duo was still in the museum. Infuriated, he grabbed his own gun and a voice scrambling mask before turning to the driver.

“Wait at the corner of that street for us. Be ready to leave.” Michael instructed, pointing at the intersection ahead of them. “If you have to leave the van, be sure to take this bag with you.” He thrust his belongings at the man.

The driver nodded nervously and Michael jumped out. He had no idea where they were, but if Lauren went according to plan, they would be near the entrance of the museum. The screams and frenzy of people running, tripping, doing anything to get away, became a clear indication that his thoughts were right.

Amidst all of the cacophony, a voice stood out.

“Stop!” He glanced quickly too his left and saw Sydney fighting her way through the crowd, trying to get to him.

He wasn’t sure whether she saw him or not, but he wasn’t taking any chances. He shoved the voice scrambling mask over his head, pushed through the doors, ran to Nadia’s aid.

He shot upward, grabbing the attention of the two women. “Drop the gun, Lauren!” His voice sounding very much like Darth Vader’s through the mask. He hoped that the long trench coat and mask would be enough to disguise his true appearance.

“What the hell are you doing?” Lauren shouted angrily. She dropped the gun, cursing under her breath, and grinding her teeth together.

It was hard to tell which woman was more surprised to see him. Lauren looked furious, a flame burning in her eye, and Nadia, glancing nervously between the duo. She was slightly confused. If looks could kill, then Lauren’s would have been Hiroshima times twenty.

“You and I are going to walk out of here, together!” He shouted, motioning Lauren to move to the awaiting white van.

She glowered one last time at Nadia, and then turned her burning gaze at Vaughn’s eyes. He looked away quickly. He couldn’t risk Nadia getting hurt. Lauren moved slowly toward the van. Vaughn picked up the gun she had dropped and regretfully pointed it at Nadia. She raised her hands up in defeat, and threw her own gun to Vaughn’s feet. He tossed it to the other side of the room.

“Don’t move and I won’t hurt you.” He advised, he backed slowly out of the room and sprinted for the swinging gate as

Nadia seemed to be debating whether or not to obey the command. She finally decided that there’d be another time for revenge. There were too many civilians still around that could get caught in the cross fire.

“Stay back!” Michael yelled, taking one gun off of Lauren and waving it at the crowd. They shrunk back, but Vaughn had his eyes trained on Sydney, who had edged forward to help Nadia. Fortunately, she stayed where she was.

The van had pulled up in front of the museum. Lauren sprinted to the van and Michael quickly followed. He flung open the passenger door and stepped in. The van sped away before he had even closed the door.

Dixon and Weiss appeared alongside Nadia and they began shooting at the tires of the van, but it was already too late. They had just barely gotten away.

<O> <O> <O> <O> <O>

“No I swore I… I think they’re… they’ve hacked into our communication system… they’re listening in on this conversation!” Marshall squeaked as he began to type furiously, trying to correct the breach.

The team was silent for a few moments until Marshall assured them that it was safe.

“I jammed their feed, but I don’t know how good they are, they might be trying to hack in again. I’ve been able to pinpoint their location. They’re waiting in a van by the alley. Syd you just need to attach this to the van. It’ll jam the signal. And it also has a tracking device. Oh and there’s a small bomb in this baby too.” Marshall said, handing Sydney a small silver box.

“Sydney, it’s too dangerous. I’ll be down there in a few minutes.” Dixon said.

“Dixon it’s fine. I’ll be fine.” Sydney replied, jumping out of the van as gracefully as possible.

She began pushing through the thick crowd of panicking people, the sound of gunshots on her left, coming from inside the museum.

She didn’t have any time to worry about that. If the people who were tapping into their communications system had heard that they knew, they’d be moving out of there quickly.

As she fought through the crowd, she caught a glimpse of a familiar brown patch of hair. The man looked so familiar, so much like Michael that she cried out.

“Stop!” She shouted, but he disappeared before he got a full look at his face. Curiosity got the best of her and she followed him into the museum.

Moments later, the same man raised his gun and fired into the ceiling, shouting and instructing everyone to stay back.

Sydney felt anger burning in her as she saw Lauren with her gun pointed at her sister.

But the mystery man instructed Lauren to walk out to the awaiting van.

Sydney made a move toward Nadia, getting ready incase she needed help.

But the man pointed his gun toward the crowd and shouted. “Stay back!” He seemed to be looking directly at her.

Sydney obeyed and stayed where she was until the van had begun to speed away.

She joined Weiss, Dixon, and Nadia as they attempted to stop them

Marshall pulled up in their van. Dixon and Weiss rushed in. “We’ll follow them. You two get in the other car and we’ll let you know if you can cut them off.” Dixon instructed.

Sydney nodded, tired from all the running and slipped into the red Lamborghini.

The appearance of Vaughn’s twin had completely shaken Sydney. She pulled out her cell phone and called him, not realizing it was so late until the fourth ring and Michael’s tired voice answered.

“Hello?” Michael said. “Syd?” He asked.

“Hey, sorry.” Sydney apologized quickly. “I just… I miss you. I wanted to hear your voice.”

“Baby… I miss you too.” Michael said, sounding slightly more awake.

“Well, I’ll let you go… you sound like you need the sleep.” Sydney replied.

“Yeah, I’ll see you in a few days. Love you Sydney.” He said.

“I love you too Michael. So much.” Sydney replied before hanging up.

She glanced over at Nadia, who was talking on her phone. She looked up at Sydney. “We lost them. They went under an overpass and never came out.

Sydney nodded. Lauren had gotten away this time. But she wouldn’t next time.

<O> <O> <O> <O> <O>

Vaughn checked the caller I.D. on his cell phone before answering it. Hoping it wasn’t the person that he knew it was. Sydney’s caller ID flashed up at him, almost gloating at the timing of the call.

“It’s Sydney.” He hissed, quickly hushing everyone.

He checked the time in Cairo, where he was supposedly staying, before answering, trying to sound sleepy, like he had just woken up. They talked for a couple of minutes before Vaughn couldn’t take it anymore and told Sydney they would talk when he got back.

After his phone conversation, Michael felt even guiltier. When they returned to their hotel, Michael collapsed in the bed, exhausted.

Lauren walked in. “Thanks.” She muttered.

“What were you thinking?” Michael asked angrily. “We were way too close to getting caught.”

“Just finishing up some old business.” Lauren replied with a noncommittal shrug.

“Well from now on just worry about what Peyton’s giving us. Don’t go around trying to kill my sister-in-law.” Vaughn spat.

Lauren nodded slightly before she left the room, leaving Vaughn to finally get some sleep.

<O> <O> <O> <O> <O>

It's only a matter of time before Vaughn is caught and when he does, it's not going to be pretty. For one, he can be arrested as a traitor. Second, we all know Sydney's going to find out Vaughn had sex with Lauren. So the conclusion is this, Vaughn will never get a visit from his ex-wife and child while he's locked up in federal prison. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Omg! The action was totally awesome! :jump:
and i just loved the way he called Syd, baby. . .That was just so sweet. :love:

Thanks so much for the pm sweetie! :hug:

You know, now I'm thinking I really want Vaughn to get caught.
He thinks he's trying to protect Sydney by doing this but in the end it's
only gonna make things so much worse.
He's come close to being caught a few times now and it's only a matter of time.
He should just stop what he's doing and come clean with Syd.
Maybe she'll never forgive him for sleeping with Lauren but now he's betraying her
again by working with Lauren and Peyton against the CIA.
She's never gonna see it as he was protecting her only as betraying her...twice.
I still think Lauren seducing Vaughn was a set up to blackmail him but even if it wasn't
he just keeps digging a deeper hole for himself and it could get very ugly!!

Here's the pm I have, please let one of us know if you want on or off...

derevkointraining
NadiaSantosFan
MH55995
Michael_Vartan_Hottie
6helterskelter6
Nicky_Bristow
shelby87
sydneymicheal
laura_vaughn
texasalias2004
ChrisM
dandan
gtg
SpygirlAmy
farliieansds225
kellypeytonrocks
albob
fire*N*ice
Kate_14
Agent Bristow-Vaughn
gtwallichs
cookiesncreamdream
li'l_roo
vaughnshoney
Mountaineer
blknight
cookiemonster
angels_fire_88
syd-157
dark shadow
_Freelancer_
jc_alias
oooRevesDouxooo
SpyGirl426
tubby
redwolf88

SpyChic16
jah_alias
ambre
Tiiulicious
gtwallichs
jadeygirl
bendypinkone
Syd_Vaughn4ever
xMountineer02300844x
xaliasnutx
sparklingrainbow
mnkdance963
Sydney Bristow, CIA
Covenant

Chapter 11 – Disturbed

Vaughn slipped his key silently into the lock. He tiptoed as lightly as he could over to the intruder alarm and pressed his thumb to it, to disarm it. He didn’t want to wake up Sydney, knowing that she would be extremely grumpy. He grabbed his small bag from the porch, and then reset the alarm. He took off his shoes and socks, he then opened the door, and smiled, the small lump that was his wife was lying on the side of his bed, her head on his pillow.

“Hey, Syd.” He whispered into her ear, laying down next to her, and putting his arm protectively around her belly.

“Hey.” She whispered sleepily back, and snuggled closer to him. It wasn’t long before they were both asleep.

The shrill ringing of a phone interrupted their utopia. “What the hell can she possibly want us to do now!” Vaughn looked down at the cell phone and saw the number he despised on the caller ID screen. “What?” He answered, huffily, and angrily. He knew that he was going to get caught eventually, and coming up with legit excuses was really hard.

“Peyton wants us to find a hard drive that has secrets from the government.” Lauren said simply and Vaughn could hear the loud exhale of air which was a yawn. Vaughn knew how she felt. He felt like they weren’t ever getting any sleep. They were being sent on mission after mission.

“When?” Vaughn asked, even though he already knew the answer that he was going to hear, the answer that he knew he didn’t want to hear.

“She wants it by 5:00 tomorrow. I have to go!” She whispered the last sentence, and she was already stuttering her excuse out about why she was on the phone. Then static and

“Damn it.” He muttered under his breath as he slammed the phone shut against his leg, than he shoved it into the holder.

“What is it Vaughn?” Sydney asked coming up behind him and slipping her arms around his waist. “Is something wrong?”

“Nothing, nothing, I just got some bad news, we had a good trace on Lauren, but she gave our person the slip.” Vaughn said, hating how easy the lie slipped off the end of his tongue.

“I’m sorry.” She kissed him softly. “I have some paperwork that I need to do.” She kissed him again and walked off. Vaughn watched her go. He rubbed his weary eyes tiredly. He was getting tired of all the lies and all the other stuff that he had to do to keep working on both sides.
“Hey Sydney!” He called after her. “I’m going to check out the location where she was last seen. I’ll be back later, but I’ll call you.” He walked quickly over to where she was standing and kissed her softly on the lips. He called the elevator which arrived almost immediately.

“Vaughn.” She called quietly, and he held the elevator doors open. “I love you, be careful.” She said and smiled. She turned and walked back down the tunnel where Weiss waved at him and he waved back.

*~* At the hotel *~*

“Please Lauren, how many more of these can we get away with.” Vaughn said as he knocked and Lauren immediately let him in. She looked like she had been crying.

“I know. My boss just fired me.” She started sobbing and Vaughn hesitated and decided that he could hug her. She really wasn’t a bad person, just thought her allegiances belonged to someone else, and had been trained differently.

“Lauren. We need to just go and tell everyone.” Vaughn said. “We just need to get it over with and face the consequences, but I think that that we should wait until Sydney has the baby. I think that we can get a pardon for you, because you have been helping out, and only a small jail time.”

“Okay, let’s get this job done.” Lauren said, wiping her eyes and straightening her shirt.

*sorry about the long wait, but with school, well you know, freshman....

I still think Lauren is working with Peyton and just stringing Vaughn along. And it's only a matter of time before Sydney finds out her husband has been working (and slept) with his ex-wife. Sydney will find out before Vaughn can tell her.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Syd's going to freak and I have to agree with Chris, I think she'll find out long before Vaughn tells her. Oh this is not going to be good. How long before the baby comes? When's the next update? Can't wait to see what happens.

Back