Do I Dare?

Title: Do I Dare?
Author: Moi (Katy)
Rating: PG-13

DID.gif

Hey everyone!!! I decided to write another fic. I've always wanted to write an early season 2 fic, so I decided to write one since Spring Break has started.

This starts when Syd and Vaughn are in their own little room with 2 SEPERATE beds. This is the way I kind of wished the episode went.

If you think I should continue. Please tell me. Please Comment, and say whether or not you want added to the PM list, if they ever begin to work again. lol :lol:

`*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 1

We believe the device is the source of the virus that infected the men in Geneva. Unfortunately, you and Agent Vaughn may have been exposed. I'm sorry. We'd like to draw some blood and keep you under observation.

That’s the only thing going through my head. I could be sick, no thanks to my mother. It’s here fault because she had the lab built. Now, Vaughn and I could have a life threatening disease.

Vaughn.

I had forgotten he was in the room with me. My mind was overloaded with information that I had just learned over the past two days.

My father had framed my mom just because he believes that she is going to do something to harm me. I also learned that after my mother had “died”, he programmed me to be a spy. Who would do that to their own daughter? I know I never would. I should be able to choose the life I live. But no, he had to take matters into his own hands.

Now, he is awaiting trial for what almost happened to Vaughn and I in Madagascar. He had hired a man to wire the house of semtex. I don’t know if I could ever forgive my father for what he has done to me. Now I understand why he was never around while I was growing up. He was afraid I would learn the truth. Well, I guess his plan backfired. I now know everything.

After I was told that I could have this virus, I went to the designated area that they have set up. Vaughn was there. He looked so calm. How could he be calm? I’m freaking out! But I have just learned of what happened. He’s probably had a longer time to process this.

I walk into the room, where he stands up from the cot he was sitting on.

“I know.”

It has just now registered. I could be dying. Vaughn could be dying. WE could be dying.

I slowly mad my way to the cot he just previously occupied. I just starred blankly at the wall as I sat down. I felt Vaughn sit next to me. I know that there was another cot in the room, but right now, I don’t think I could have walked that far without collapsing. Next thing I know, he has his arm around me. I felt safe, safe from the world. Who knew that with a little motion such as putting an arm around someone’s shoulder, could provide so much comfort? Next thing I knew, I had my head on Vaughn’s shoulder. He continued to leave his arm were it was. We just sat there.
I wonder what he’s thinking? I thought to myself.

I hope this is just a scare. I hope everything will be ok. I don’t know what I’d do if something happened to Vaughn. I don’t ever want to know. Am I pretty much saying that I want to spend the rest of my life with Vaughn? Maybe. I don’t know. Ya, I’ll admit that I’ve had feelings for him ever since he helped me rescue Will. But, am I ready to take this to the next step? Does he even like me back? I guess I’ll never know. I’ll never know because of one word…Protocol. I HATE that word. If it weren’t for that word, and SD-6, we would probably have reviled our true feelings by now.

We stayed that way forever, or what felt like forever. After about thirty minutes of silence, Vaughn spoke up.

“Syd, are you alright?”

“To tell you the truth, no I’m not. What with what we just learned, what I learned about my father, and everything else going wrong in this world? I’m not alright.”

“Syd, if I could, I would try to make all this better.”

“Even if you could, you don’t have to.”

“But I would want to.”

“Vaughn, have I ever told you how much I appreciate you? I honestly don’t think that I could have gone through all of this without your help.”

“I wouldn’t have wanted you to do this without me.”

“Ya. To tell you the truth, when we met in the park that one time, and you told me you were being replaced, I was hurt. It felt like someone had just gutted me with a knife. Then when I met, what was his name? Lambert? Well, whatever, it felt like someone just finished the job and killed me.”

“That’s what pretty much happened to me also.”

“I meant what I said that night when you were reinstated as my handler. You truly are my Guardian Angel.”

“Good to know.”

We continued to sit there for almost an hour. I was getting tired, but I didn’t want to leave Vaughn. I still felt safe. I wanted to feel safe forever. I tried to hide a yawn, but I was caught.

“Syd, you need to get some sleep.”
“Five more minutes.”

“Ok.”

Ten minutes later, I was asleep, but I could still tell what was going on. “Syd?” I didn’t respond. “Syd? Are you asleep?” still no response. Next thing I know, I’m being carried to my cot. He laid me down so softly; I didn’t even notice that I had hit the cot until he let go of me. “Syd?” still no answer. I couldn’t respond if I wanted to. I was just so tired. Apparently he thought I was knocked out cause the next thing I knew, Vaughn had leaned over and planted a kiss on my head. “I love you.”

Did he just say LOVE? He did, didn’t he? Oh great. This doesn’t make my situation any better.

I have to tell him. I have to tell him before it’s too late.

With that, I fell fast asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vaughn’s POV

Did I just say ‘I love you?” Oh my gosh, I didn’t mean to. It just slipped out. I hope she was asleep and she didn’t here that. I don’t think she feels the same way I do. If she heard that, she probably won’t trust me anymore. Granted she doesn’t feel the same way I do. But it felt so good to say it. It was so right.

I have to tell her. I have to tell her before it’s too late.

I walked back to my cot and lay down. I just lay there, watching her sleep. She looked so peaceful. Angelic almost. She is an angel. I say to myself.

She was the last thing I saw before I fell asleep myself, and she was the only one in my dreams.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Should I contine? Do you want to be added to the PM list? Please comment back! :D

Depending on the number of replys I get, I'll try to update by Monday. Maybe sooner.

Ok, I'm an idiot.

Does anyone know how do change the sub-title? cause its supposed to say Salvation. Or, does an admin have to change it? if they do, could someone ask them to change the top? Thanks

I've thought about a different verison of that scene but I've never read a story about anyone changing it! I'm so glad you did!! Please add me to your PM list and hope you update again soon!! Before Monday! :D

that was great! please continue!! :D i loved the whoe thing! i really do hope that they are able to tell each other that they love each other!
could you please PM when you next update thanks :D
upate soon

Good start. I hope there is a bit of a twist in comparison to the origanl episode. Please pm me when you update. Thanks (y)

You should continue. Definitly :woot: You probably changed most of this episode andthe things after that. Can't wait to see that :D
And could you add me to PM list? I would really appreciate that :daisy:

omg this is soooooo good!!!!!!!!!! please continue.........i cant wait to see what happens next (y) (y) (y) when u update can i please get a pm
gracie :eek:ldhi: :eek:ldhi: :eek:ldhi:

Back