Politics Do you believe in god?

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Just wanted to check how many of you believe in a god? I've heard the americans are alot more religious than the swedes. Here it's very unusual to go to the church if it's not a special occasion like a wedding or a funeral. Personally I don't belive in god. I'm not religious at all. Religion cause a lot of bad things in the world. Lots of conflicts.. what do you others think?

Isabella

I do believe in God. Sure there are lots of bad things in the world, but that's because of people, not God. And they'd be there regradless. For me the only way I can stand all that goes on, the only hope I have for tomorrow is God. I think a lot more people don't believe in God now because they think He's responsible for the bad stuff, He's the one who wants everything to work out. And people are to caught up looking at Christians not Christ, they're very different. He's not just some distant far off God for me, He really is my best friend.
Lucy ;)

bristowbabe47 said:
Sure there are lots of bad things in the world, but that's because of people, not God. 
[post="998408"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yes, I didn't say it was because of God, because I don't belive there is one. What I was saying was that there are alot of conflicts because people live different kind of lives, sometimes entirely following a book made thousands of years ago. Loads of conflicts are religious, and of course I agree it's the people who are causing them, who else?

I'm an atheist (spiritual atheist to be exact).. so, there's another vote for no God. I won't go on about why I'm atheist.. since I just posted it in the atheism thread :lol:

I believe in a "god". I'm not religious though. I was an Atheist for a long time, long enough to know that believing in a "god", higher power, whatever is a personal thing. It's not something anyone should be critized for. Not believing, that's your choice. There is no right or wrong.

Ok i go to catholic school and I don't believe in god but i'm forced to take religion class... and for tomorrow we're supposed to draw god...

yea what should i draw seeing i dont believe in god?

I'm an atheist and pretty much prefer to let science be my guide, despite its many limitations. What I mean by that is that there are problems that are fundamentally unsolvable by mathematics, and in fact such problems are proven to be mathematically unsolvable.

Having said that, I don't think it's fair to say that religion causes conflict. A lot of the conflicts are fueled by very old, and deeply rooted beliefs. Some relgions do tend to make it easier to be extremists, and under certain interpretations may even seem to encourage extremism. But I believe, these conflicts would happne regarldess of whether religion was around.

Xin Li

Well I'm catholic but at this point in my life I like to consider myself athiest....science is a big thing for me and I'd rather believe in facts than some "image" that people think are there(dont get me wrong I'm just not sure yet) but I still go to church to hopefully turn around

Honestly, I don't believe in God, but I do somewhat believe in a "higher power" Not God though. I guess I just don't believe there could be a god and quite frankly, there really isn't any proof. And another thing to me (not to offend anyone) but it seems a little ludacris to believe one person (higher being) came and created Earth. I dunno, that's just me. But I put no, I do not believe in god. (still can't believe more people don't believe in god :confused: .)

i do. I think that what we do in this life, we have to pay for later.

However, I don't go to church. i pray as often as possible. when you go to church, some people don't practice what they preach. (no offense to anyone in the following statement) : Ex: the catholic church scandal. i'm not saying that all catholics/preiests are like that. they're not. i used to be catholic and good friends of mine are catholic.

Sydney Bristow 2300844 said:
i do.  I think that what we do in this life, we have to pay for later. 
[post="998960"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Ya I believe in Karma, what goes around comes around. I believe in spirits souls, and other stuff but I don't believe in god ;) I am an Atheist ;)

I absolutely believe in God...I can't imagine not believing in Christianity and still being able to see this world as a place that can be giving and compassionate again. If there were no God, we would have destroyed ourselves a long time ago...

Sydney Bristow 2300844 said:
i do.  I think that what we do in this life, we have to pay for later. 

However, I don't go to church.  i pray as often as possible.  when you go to church, some people don't practice what they preach.  (no offense to anyone in the following statement) :  Ex: the catholic church scandal.  i'm not saying that all catholics/preiests are like that.  they're not.  i used to be catholic and good friends of mine are catholic.
[post="998960"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
"God" doesn't care what you do. "He" won't make you pay for your "sins". But you're obviously a christian so there's no point in me saying any of this :rolleyes:

I am not voting.

However I am not a believer.

Sorry to all those believers.

We are all entitled to our own opinion.

I was raised an atheist.

I have been to church about 2 times in the last 2 yrs.

Once for a wedding and funeral.

I have my reasons for not believing.

My reason is that if there is such a god. Why do innocent people have to die for no reason.

Take my mum/mom's dad for one reason. He was so fit and healthy and in 1996 had a massive heartattack and died. That is why I not believe there is a god. Yes I know it is time too go etc. But the thing was he ran, swam etc and followed a really healthy diet and boom!! He was gone!!

That is just my reason though

Dani :(

You have your opinion, I have mine. :smiley:

However, I have to say that I've lost a lot of perfectly healthy relatives myself. My grandmother for example, was in very good health and she died of a heart attack on Dec 25th, 2003. God doesn't decide who lives and dies, but sometimes it's just time for someone to die. Maybe it doesn't seem fare at times, but death just happens. It's part of the cycle. You die, you get reborn and then you die again and it happens over and over again. That's just how it goes.

I was an atheist for most of my life, and I insisted that a "god" didn't exist for a long time, but I realized that there is proof that a "god" exists.

How can you explain the creation of the universe? Because evolution cannot explain that very important part. The answer is that a "higher power" created it.

There are people that are sent to Heaven and back. This has happened more than just a few times, so do you think they're all crazy then? Those people that have experienced past life regression, are they all crazy too?

Alias_Addict47 said:
Honestly, I don't believe in God, but I do somewhat believe in a "higher power" Not God though. I guess I just don't believe there could be a god and quite frankly, there really isn't any proof. And another thing to me (not to offend anyone) but it seems a little ludacris to believe one person (higher being) came and created Earth. I dunno, that's just me. But I put no, I do not believe in god. (still can't believe more people don't believe in god  :confused: .)
[post="998948"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah I agree with you there..I find it easier to believe even "ridiculous" theories like other alienr races seeded our solar system with life in their own image, than a god. The problem with God is that all gods, as far as I know, all have infinite powers, and can do anything. Whenever you start dealing with infinities, you run into serious logical problems. And I know God isn't supposed to be logical, but I guess that's my problem right there. If it doesn't compute logically, I find it very hard to accept, especially when accepting it probably means changing my life in very dramatic ways.

i do strongly believe in god! i mean i dont really we wouldnt be here if it wasnt for him. I know their are bad people in the world and everything but i mean we cant all be perfect! God is just someone a to have faith in to turn to when all is lost in your life he is a way for you to find yourself and i believe he is truly amazing!

There are people that are sent to Heaven and back. This has happened more than just a few times, so do you think they're all crazy then? Those people that have experienced past life regression, are they all crazy too?

OMG I saw something like this on 20/20 or Dateline or some type of show like that! It was about this little boy that kept telling his parents whenever he saw planes he used to drive planes like that and that he died in a plane crash. After a lot of research, the parents connected this to an American pilot who had died in WWII. They even met the sister of the dead guy and the little boy kept telling stuff about his past life that only the dead guy would have known so that the parents became convinced their son had been that pilot in a past life and had come back to Earth.

This totally freaks me out! Of cours skeptics kept saying that the little boy must have learned about all this somewhere but the parents never talked about WWII with their son, he just started saying stuff like this on his own.

I can't think of any other reason for this except that the guy who died in WWII hadn't finished his job on earth and came back to finish it.

Otherwise, yes I do believe in God. I have seen things that simply can't be explained and the only reason I can think of it is that God was there at the time. I did go through a period of non-belief but I realized it's not God's fault that bad things happen. He gave people free will, the right to choose to be good or evil. If he hadn't given us free will, we would all be serving a God not by CHOICE but by FORCE and being FORCED to be good to do his will. Now I'm not sure about you guys, but I'd rather choose to do things, not have someone else telling me what to do.

Back