Politics Do you believe in god?

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Well if there was a God shouldn't he be doing everything in his power to keep the EVIL away from us or the world? Looks to me that we have to take care of everything by ourselves... -_-

I believe god. and i believe in him also in the bad parts. a real faith is not believing in god when its conveniete (sp?). its believing in him also when its hard. and to find the good that comes w/ the bad.

Yeah well I have a hard time believing in God. I did. But lets just say something changed my point of view. And I can see that there is good and bad.

Then there is this thing about God loving everyone, thats just NOT true. It basically says in the bible that God detests transexuals for example. That its a nasty sin to be a lesbian or gay, it's all about how nasty it is to go into the "wrong" sexuality. That he hates/detests it when people don't go the "right way". No man who sleeps with another man is worthy of God.A lso that women who excahnged the "natural" socitey with the "unnatural" socitey should be punished, and they were...I dont know translating from Swedish here.
I think it's kind of contradicting to be honest. Yup. Very equal here... :rolleyes:

And if there was a God wouldn't he at least try to prevent this evil in life? Like try to protect and stuff.

If there is a god, I believe that he or she (some people's minds are probably blowing up from me just saying that) gave humans free will or the right to choose. Of course, a lot of individuals make choices instead of good ones. I'm also on the same OHS. The Christian God seems angry and pretty spiteful, this is according to the bible.

If God does exist, I believe that he or she is pretty laid back and wouldn't like extremists killing, hurting, or discriminating against sinners (homosexuals included) in his or her name. I also think that he or she created homosexuals and other minorities to test the tolerance and acceptance of all his or her "children", especially those in the majority.

Also, he or she must understand why a lot of people are skeptical of his or her existence. Not everyone can have faith and just trust that he or she is up above without evidence. Other than a book that was written by a group of monks, there is no evidence of him or her existing. And no, seeing his profile in junk food or pastries does not count. Some people need to see it for themselves to believe it and I believe that he or she understands this very well.

I believe that if God exists, he or she would be like Morgan Freeman from "Bruce Almighty". In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I was greeted by Morgan himself before going into the afterlife.

_AliasAngel said:
Yeah well I have a hard time believing in God. I did. But lets just say something changed my point of view. And I can see that there is good and bad.

Then there is this thing about God loving everyone, thats just NOT true. It basically says in the bible that God detests transexuals for example. That its a nasty sin to be a lesbian or gay, it's all about how nasty it is to go into the "wrong" sexuality. That he hates/detests it when people don't go the "right way". No man who sleeps with another man is worthy of God.A lso that women who excahnged the "natural" socitey with the "unnatural" socitey should be punished, and they were...I dont know translating from Swedish here.
I think it's kind of contradicting to be honest.  Yup. Very equal here... :rolleyes:

And if there was a God wouldn't he at least try to prevent this evil in life? Like try to protect and stuff.
[post="1353019"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

L??? Its me Mary!!

Yeah. Totally agree. If god "created" gay people, why is he against them at all?

If God does exist, I believe that he or she is pretty laid back and wouldn't like extremists killing, hurting, or discriminating against sinners (homosexuals included) in his or her name. I also think that he or she created homosexuals and other minorities to test the tolerance and acceptance of all his or her "children", especially those in the majority.

Hmmm. Unfortunately, that may be the case. -_-

Sarkney_fan020 said:
L??? Its me Mary!!

Yeah. Totally agree. If god "created" gay people, why is he against them at all?

Hmmm. Unfortunately, that may be the case. -_-
[post="1353858"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah got a point there...

Yup.  It's me.
4_1_201[1].gif
^_^  Awesome!!!!!  :D

Ok we were supposed to go to the church yesterday, praying for nothing really (my moms REALLY religious) anyway…I decided to look some things up. So I checked up with the Bible last night (LOL).
Check this out:

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters, nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

I went to this site and it concludes God's view like this:

God loves all homosexuals! However, He hates the deeds of homosexuality because they are sinful. God did not create any human being as a homosexual. They are not born that way, just as murderers are not born that way. However, these spirits can be transmitted to children, especially if someone who had this demonic spirit seduced or raped a child--or even if they were close to gay people. These demons can also be imparted to others through unholy sexual acts.

Pretty contradicting...he loves them...but hates them becasue of what they do or how they act.
In other words..."God" is a bit of a racist in my opinion.
Then they had these prayers that you should use to pray for God's blessing or whatever... :rolleyes:

Ack, I got in trouble about that allllll the time at primary school...I actually have a 'God G' which is what my litlle 'g' with a big 'G' over the top looks like.

:rain:

Sarkney_fan020 said:
And what kind of god lets tsunamis happen? I know this question is asked all the time, but I've never received a logical answer to it.
[post="1352477"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I know an Indian priest who said the tsunami was God's way of telling us there are too many people in the world. India has a bigger problem with overpopulation and people having too many children than anywhere else.

I'm not saying I agree, but I think it is interesting that a religious person said that.

natural disasters happen because of sin. when God made the world, it was perfect, but then Adam and Eve sinned and it all fell apart. so now the effects of sin cause bad things to happen.

I don't believe in God. I'm an atheist. However, I can see the views of people who do believe in God and i respect those beliefs. The reason I don't believe in God is mainly my upbringing.. we used to go to Church but don't anymore, havn't done for a long time except for weddings and funerals. However, I also see the point of view of the people who say that the views of God are rascist and that if he was a good as God is supposed to be then homosexuality would be accepted in Christian communitys more openly (please correct me if I'm wrong but from what I know it's not really accepted). I think that everyone has a right to their own views and a belief in something is healthy. That's why some people are religious and others are spiritual. It's like, instead of believing in God, many people focuz on something they can see, like nature or worship of the Sun or seasons like Pagan faith.
And on the topic of natural disasters, my theory is that the reason they're known as natural disasters is that they happened naturally and therefore were not the influence of a God, any God as there is more than one faith with a God. However, I'm happy for someone to prove me wrong.

Osiris said:
natural disasters happen because of sin.  when God made the world, it was perfect, but then Adam and Eve sinned and it all fell apart.  so now the effects of sin cause bad things to happen.
[post="1356407"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

What?? :blink:

well.. In my opinion religion is so crazy and I've tried but really can't understand one single reason to believe in a God... And Yes, I too believe that the church is rascist. Isn't that sin? but that's just how I see it..

natural disasters happen because of sin. when God made the world, it was perfect, but then Adam and Eve sinned and it all fell apart. so now the effects of sin cause bad things to happen.

Isn't god supposed to forgive people and their sins? Who cares about adam and eve? God preaches people are supposed to be forgiven all the time, under any circumstance, and yet he shows no forgiveness himself.

true. you on have to look atht eten commandmetns and most of its about forgiving thy neighbour and stuff. and a far as im aware there isnt one about not being gay or anything..

well actually dancingfortherain there is a verse Romans 1:26-27 "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural realtions. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

dancingfortherain said:
I don't believe in God. I'm an atheist. However, I can see the views of people who do believe in God and i respect those beliefs. The reason I don't believe in God is mainly my upbringing.. we used to go to Church but don't anymore, havn't done for a long time except for weddings and funerals. However, I also see the point of view of the people who say that the views of God are rascist and that if he was a good as God is supposed to be then homosexuality would be accepted in Christian communitys more openly (please correct me if I'm wrong but from what I know it's not really accepted). I think that everyone has a right to their own views and a belief in something is healthy. That's why some people are religious and others are spiritual. It's like, instead of believing in God, many people focuz on something they can see, like nature or worship of the Sun or seasons like Pagan faith.
And on the topic of natural disasters, my theory is that the reason they're known as natural disasters is that they happened naturally and therefore were not the influence of a God, any God as there is more than one faith with a God. However, I'm happy for someone to prove me wrong.
[post="1357027"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

HELLO, YES I DO BELIEVE GOD WALKED UPON THE EARTH...DO I BELIEVE IN GOD???NO I LOVE GOD...IT IS VERY SIMPLE FOR ME, I DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING IN THE BIBLE IS FACT...THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN BY MEN WHO HAD VERY LITTLE IF ANY EDUCATION... 2) THE BIBLE WAS TRANSLATED BY PRIEST AND MONKS OF VARYING RELIGIONS APT TO TRANSLATE IT TO THE TIMES AND WHAT THEY WERE TAUGHT AT THAT TIME...3 THE KING JAMES VERSION OF THE BIBLE WAS INDEED WRITTEN BY KING JAMES WHO WANTED A DIVORCE FROM THE CATHOLIC CHURCH...AS A MATTER OF FACT CONSTATANOBLE TOOK DEC.24TH WHICH WAS THE FEAST OF CHRIST MASS AND CHANGED IT TO CHRISTMAS AND ALSO DECIDED THAT DEC 24 WAS THE BIRTH OF CHRIST.... WHEN IN FACT HISTORIANS BELIEVE CHRIST WAS BORN CLOSER TO THE TIME OF THE PASSOVER...IT IS A FACT THAT A MAN NAMED JESUS DID WALK UPON THE EARTH AND WAS INDEED CRUSIFIED BY THE ROMANS...AS MATTER OF FACT SOME OF THE CATHOLIC RELIGION COMES FROM PGAONISUM...THE STAUES OF THE SAINTS FOR ONE...

I WAS BORN ON THE FEAST DAY OF FATIMA, WHICH IS BY ALL ACCOUNTS A TRUE STORY...THREE CHILDREN WERE VISITED BY THE VIRGIN MARY, AS A CHILD I WOULD WAIT TO BE PICKED UP FROM SCHOOL AND I WOULD TAKE STONES AND PUT THEM IN THE SAND AS THE THREE CHILDREN AND MARY WOULD HAVE BEEN...I LIKE HEARING OF THE STORY'S OF CHRIST ON THE EARTH I LIKE HIS PARABLES AND I LIKE THE IDEA OF DECIDING FOR MY SELF IF IT'S LOGICAL OR NOT IF IT INDEED COULD HAVE HAPPENED THE WAY IT WAS TRANS LATED AND OFT TIMES I FIND THAT I DO NOT AGREE BUT THIS IN NO WAY DEMINISHES MY LOVE OF GOD...I TRY TO SEPERATE WHAT MAN HAS DONE TO THE EARTH, AND MANS INHUMANITY TO MAN, AND PUT THE BLAME SQUARELY WHERE IT BELONGS ON THE SHOULDERS OF MAN...WHEN WE SEE A DEFORMED CHILD, WE ASSUME THAT THIS WAS GOD'S HANDY WORK... INSTEAD OF DELVING INTO THE SITUATION ONLY TO FIND THE MOTHER USED DRUGS...WAS AN ALCOHOLIC OR HAD A CHROMOSOMES MISSING...OR IN THE CASE OF THE 40'S USED MALATHON WHICH WAS A BIRTH CONTROL PILL WHICH CAUSED CHILDREN TO BE BORN WITH NO ARMS AND TWO FINGERS ATTATCHED AT THE SHOULDERS...OR THE FATHER WAS A DRUG USER AND LAST BUT MOST TIMES INHERRITED GENES...OR THE RH FACTOR COMES INTO PLAY...ALL OF THESE CAUSES ARE THE RESULT OF DESCISIONS THAT MAN MADE NOT GOD'S WAY OF PUNISHMENT...

I HAVE MY OWN PERSONEL REASONS FOR MY LOVE OF GOD BUT THE MAIN ONE IS I DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE BIG BANG THERORY, I CANNOT ACCEPT THE FACT THAT ONE CELL A HUMAN/VEGITABLE CELL FIRST OF ALL SURVIVED THE INTENCE HEAT, SECOND OF ALL SPLIT INTO VEGATABLES AND PLANTS AND THEN SPLIT AGAIN INTO HUMAN CELLS, IT STANDS TO REASON IF WE CAME FROM A CELL THAT HAD CHLORAPHIL, WHY IS IT WE DO NOT HAVE ANY IN OUR SYSTEMS... GROWING INTO MAN, AFTER ALL IT TAKES A MAN AND A WOMAN TO CONCIEVE A CHILD SO THIS ONE CELL WHOULD HAVE TO PRODUCE WOMAN TOO... AS WELL AS ALL THE ANIMALS UPON THE EARTH...BUT THE REAL QUESTION IS IF THE BIG BANG THERORY IS TRUE WHERE DID THE CELL COME FROM WITH ALL OF ITS SINGULAR REPRODUCTION ASPECTS....????THIS CELL DID NOT MAGICALLY APPEAR IT HAD TO COME FROM A LIVING ORGANISUM TO HAVE HUMAN CHARACTORISTICS...I DO NOT KNOW WHERE GOD CAME FROM I DO NOT KNOW IF INDEED HE IS A HUMAN WITH SUCH ADVANCED INTELLIGENCE THAT HE IS CAPABLE OF CREATING MY WORLD AND ALL THE PEOPLE AND ANIMALS ON IT, BUT UNTIL A BETTER, STORY COMES ALONG I PREFER TO BELIVE THE ONE TRANSLATED IN THE BIBLE...I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS ASPECT U CAN GO TO WEB GALLERY OF ART. COM AND THERE U WILL FIND THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PAINTINGS PAINTED BY MEN AND WOMEN OF VARRING COUNTIRES INCLUDING CAIN PAINTED BY LOCLOSV A RUSIAN PAINTER...THE PAINTINGS INCLUDE THE FIRST PAINTING EVER DATED AND IT IS OF EVE, SO EVEN RENSUANCE MAN KNEW WOMAN WAS OF THE GREATEST IMPORTANCE...AND EVERY EVENT IN THE BIBLE IS THERE...IT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE WEB SITES... NOT ONLY ARE THERE PAINTINGS OF THE BIBLE BUT ALSO OF THE GOD'S AND GODDESSES...ANIMALS SUCH AS THE DODO WHICH IS NOW EXTINCT...SO I GUESS WHEN THESE PAINTINGS WHERE PAINTED THERE WHERE A LOT MORE ANIMALS ON THE EARTH BECAUSE THERE WAS NO TELEVISION R INCYLOPEDIAS SO WE MUST HAVE GOTTEN THE FACTS OR DRAWINGS FROM THESE PAINTERS TO PUT IN OUR ENCYLOPEDIAS FUNNY HOW ALL THINGS FIT TOGETHER...

I GUESS NOW IT COMES DOWN TO MY QUESTION FOR U...I HOPE THIS IN NO WAY NSULTS U...WHT DO U SAY WHEN SOMETHING TRAGIC HAS HAPPENED DO U SAY, OH MY GOD...OR OH GOD...OR JESUS WEPT OR JESUS, OR GODD___, MY REASON IS THAT MOST PEOPLE DO AND IF U ARE A PERSON WHO CHOSES TO BELIEVE GOD DOES NOT EXSIST, WHY ARE THE FIRST WORDS OUT OF EVERYONES MOUTH OH GOD???BECAUSE U CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS IF U AS AN ATHIEST, BY SAYING OH GOD OR WORDS OF THE LIKE BUY UTTERING THEM ARE ADMITTING TO HIS EXSISTANCE...SO ON SOME LEVEL HE DOES EXSIST...EVEN FOR U...

did you know that Luke who wrote the gospel of Luke was a doctor? and did you know that Daniel who wrote the book of Daniel was HIGHLY educated royalty? and Moses who wrote the first 5 books of the Bible was raised by the Egyptian Pharaoh and was educated by some of the most brilliant minds in Egypt? they weren't all "uneducated men".

ok, firstly. i thought saying oh my god or omg is using gods name in vain and theat not supposed to happen in Christian faith.
secondly, you just typed that whole post in caps lock. which you're not supposed to if you read the rules
and thirdly, i don't know how much knowledge you have of the creation of Earth, but bascially. One human atom was not there at the very moment of the big bang. it did not survive all that heat but it in fact developed from the tiniest organisms from the ocean. these didn't exists until after the first licing plants on account of the fact it was the plants who introduced the oxygen to our atmosphere and animals cant survive without it. therefore i would say that the big bang theory makes more sense than what i made of the Bible and that saying omg is perfectly normal for an atheist such as myself but is infact something which a Christian shouldn't say.

Back