Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will in a couple months

• I don't want it

• Total voters

Spoda

Cadet
I'm just wondering, because I'm going to be getting it soon, and wanted to know if it was any good. And I think the results will be interesting.

Welcome to the Internet my friend. Trust me when I tell ya - you were not on the Internet before. Dial-up is like a little flashlight - you use it in emergencies when your connection is gone or there's a power outage and wanna read your e-mail on your laptop, and then you get back on with your broadbanc connection.

It's all about the speed. 512 kbps is about 10 times faster than dial-up, but it feels about 100. That's a typical DSL speed, but you'll find 768 kbps to be the average.

If you really wanna step up to the plate, get a connection that's at least 1 mbps or even 1.5 (1500 kbps), and if you got a little more money (usually it's not that much more), go for 3 mbps - then nothing is stopping ya.

Check this out to test the speed of your connection (make sure you're not downloading anything when you do it of course):

http://reviews.cnet.com/Bandwidth_meter/7004-7254_7-0.html

Ya.. I use broadband mainly to play games. With a 56k, I can barely play online games, but with Broadband it is really fast. And Broadband is a whole lot fster surfing the net as well cuz, well its faster, lol. You should get is ASAP

Yes, and I couldn't live without it...in our Maths test on Tuesday, there was a graph with how long teenagers spent on the internet...10 mins, 20, 30, 40, 50, or 1 hour....I was like...minutes? What about hours...I've been for like 7 hours, and it's only 8pm...the night is yough, lol.

You need it!

Jai :rain:

I don't have DSL or Cable :(

That's one thing I hate living in the country, there is no DSL and in town they get DSL *cries* So on fair... I just have the old slow dial up. <_< The cable is 49.95 a month :blink:

gucci_94 said:
OMG i love my broadband so much!! i download constantly its unlimitied so why not eh?? lol
[post="1175111"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Who are you with? They'll usually always be a download limit, even if they say unlimited. Especially with broadband.

Back