Do you have to wear a shirt?

z80

Cadet
Ok, like some fantasy heroes don't wear shirts and they still pwn. When HJ comes out will we still be living in a time where being barechested majorly gimps your character?

On one hand, I'm certain I've read that your ability to defend/block and keep "stats" will not be affected by what you wear. I think. I'll have to peruse Simu's forums again, but being RP-centric, I know they want you to dress your character however you want.

The bare-chested ability, I'm not sure of, definitely a good question though!

~ Jaraeth

How his could be exploited .............. Really short old fat guy........... j/k

Good Idea Haveing the ability to go barechested and not lose stats.

Originally posted by z80@May 12 2006, 10:18 PM
Ok, like some fantasy heroes don't wear shirts and they still pwn. When HJ comes out will we still be living in a time where being barechested majorly gimps your character?
What your character looks like is all up to you, it won't even gimp you a -1 on defense or any other attribute.

That's the soul purpose of Hero's Journey's character customization system, looking like what YOU want to look like.

woahz2.jpg
woahz.jpg

Both of these two, even if one looks like they have more armor, looks can be deceiving, especially in Hero's Journey. ;)

It says that you defense power will not be affected by how you look. You can wear nothing but underwear and have the same defense as the guy dressed up as a juggernaut in 80 ton armor.

<imagines a top heavy warrior with ten ton plate armor on the top half of him and boxer shorts for the bottoms>

They fall over faster than a giant getting hit with a pebble from a sling shot.

~ Jaraeth

Ok ok, but please tell me males can go shirtless. EQ2 was able to still get teen rating and have bare-chested male chars. Would suck if I had to wear a shirt considering the only thing Rics wears is nasty old half-pants. No shoes or shirt.

As you can see here...I'm shirtless!

Beegy_and_Rics.gif

lol

From what I've seen, I'm happy with their armor styling. I like that we can run around with near naked or fully armored chars. Long as they aren't flashing full upper nudity on females I won't protest.

"Mom... why is that lady running around with her breasts flying in the wind?" son asks.

"She's um... testing the wind direction, just turn your head now!"

LOL seeria. That would cause problems.

Unless the real purpose behind hero's journey is to teach kids of young ages who's parents play HJ about the anatomy of human beings?

Like those fancy typing games designed to make kids think they are having fun while learning!

LAME.

-Angry Over-Protective Parent

"OMG! Is that man showing his nipple out in the open?! This is outrageous! I cannot have my children submitted to such filth! My lawyers will hear about this!!!!"

:P

Been there, heard it, been over it.

Regardless of people's opinions, there will always be that one person. Until society becomes a model of acceptance of all things, there will always be strife or a faction, if you will, of people that will find that one thing they have fault with.

I just ignore them, and express what I was taught when growing up: "Everyone is different from you, respect them enough to let them think what they want, until it crosses over the thin line and invades your own life or family. If it's an object, such as TV or Radio, turn it off and let them be. If they're physically in-your face, then you have the right to defend your beliefs." Of course, that's my current beliefs, slightly modified of what my parents taught. :D

~ Jaraeth

Probably not the right place but since it's a discussion about characters - what's the word on being able to have multiple characters? Not at the same time, but being able to switch back and forth to try different character combinations. Any limit on the number of characters?

Back