Season 4 Do You Like the New Theme Song?

Do You Like the New Theme Song?

• Yes, I love it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a traditionalist - I prefer the original.

• I don't care either way.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I can't decide yet - it'll take time.

• Total voters
jeremy108 said:
i have a feeling rambaldi is going to be completely absent from this season, even more so than s3. 
[post="1146671"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Not to be rude or anything, but were you paying attention to season three that much?! Becuase besides the whole love triangle between vaughn, syd and lauren, S3 was pretty much all about Rambaldi and obtaining or protecting the passenger. So I do not know how something could not get less Rambaldi than S3 unless each episode completly and utterly about Rambaldi documents. Which I pray it isnt, because its nice to have a breathe of reality....if you can even get that in a spy drama! :loll:

jeremy108 said:
i for one hated it. it makes syd look like a barbie doll, and frames the show as one big jennifer garner dress up hour, as others have said. i didnt even notice the new music, although now that you've pointed it out, it certainly wasnt the classic theme music. its unmemorable! and i dont like it. i want the old credits back. also, the new credits dont have the rambaldi eye, at least not that i saw. i have a feeling rambaldi is going to be completely absent from this season, even more so than s3.  my initial reaction to the whole episode was "meh", and each of the two "twists" or whatever were predictable (to me at least).  i do, however, like the new APO set and visual style :smiley:
[post="1146671"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:blink: "Even more so than s3"?! Rambaldi... absent during season 3?

Rambaldi ran wild during season 3. He, and his gadgets, were everywhere.

But yes, I was also wondering about the rambaldi symbol flashing during credits. I was so distracted by the new stuff that I forgot to look for it.

Not that I was meant to answer, but I would still watch Alias without JG. If the plotline didn't suck. :lol:

LOL if the plot-line didn't suck ... :lol:

since JJ wants to tell all about Rambaldi ... and get rid of it, I guess we don't need the symbol anymore ... ;)

Hmm. The song was interesting. I was all like- new theme song and didn't do my usual little dance with the original. It was weird. I'm iffy.

Just for the record the SV spark is not gone!!! I wish they would have put a pic of the actor/actress under the names like a pic of MV and VG. Why does everyone have such a bad outlook on this season already? JJ was just setting everything up.

uhhhhhh i cant decide yet
like the song itself is barely different at all so the new one is ok... but i dunno if i like all the sydney pics or whatever... ill have to watch it again

I think it was great...showing all her alias over the three seasons. I think you need to change things around after three years old viewers might get bored. So I think it was a great idea to change it!!!

:smiley: Mel

A few shows change theme songs after a while. Its not a big deal. Although, I haven't heard it so I can't say how awful it is personally or not. I don't like the idea of the credits treating JG as eye candy. They do that enough in the show alread.

Azalea said:
Another slightly negative thing is that it makes it seem like the show is ALL about Sydney - I mean, I know Jennifer Garner is the star, but there's like 50 shots of her and none of any of the rest of the outstanding cast.  They could have shown some other characters' aliases - Goth Vaughn, British Vaughn, techno Dixon, cowboy Marshall.  But I guess the average viewer would probably rather just see Jennifer Garner.
[post="1146539"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That was something I didn't like in the opening credits. Every single disguise was of Sydney! If they had some of everybody else, then I think I wouldn't mind as much with the change & all.

--jenn :juggle:

rileylovesalias said:
I agree with that statement completely! Although at first I lurved it, now I'm not so sure. :eyebrow:
[post="1146480"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I totally agree with you. I still like the old stuff though..... (y)

alias has a new theme song? sorry, i am here in asia and we still don't have the new season, i just read your reactions so i can catch up, well i haven't seen the new stuff but changing the theme song? i mean theme songs are like the signature of every show, that's how we recognize the shows. i guess i have to wait longer to see for my self, but i think th eold one's still better.

I don't care for the "remix" too tough.As a matter of fact i think they should still have the machine-gun sound effect as the words ALIAS pop up.

Azalea said:
Another slightly negative thing is that it makes it seem like the show is ALL about Sydney - I mean, I know Jennifer Garner is the star, but there's like 50 shots of her and none of any of the rest of the outstanding cast.  They could have shown some other characters' aliases - Goth Vaughn, British Vaughn, techno Dixon, cowboy Marshall.  But I guess the average viewer would probably rather just see Jennifer Garner.
I haven't watched it yet but yeah, I think that's a good suggestion ^they could have shown some other characters' aliases and not just only Sydney...

or what about... okay, this premiere episdode would be all for Sydney then the next episode would be for Jack and then next ep for Vaughn, then next Sloane, then Dixon..etc. and maybe by pairs like Vack, Nadia/Sydney, S/V, Nadia/Sydney, etc...

or we just so love the old Alias back :P even the black and white opening

I'm disappointed with that. Not the theme song, but the fact that they changed it - as if there was something wrong with the other one.

This is probably another thing they're doing to try to make the show more appealing to new viewers (basically how they changed on the credits intro, instead of just the Alias letters, now it's Sydney with all her outfits and disguises).

I think they also made it a lot shorter, right?

Anyway, I think that it was something that you definitely couldn't mess with. I was blown away for a second when they showed it. I was just waiting for the usual credits (and Mia Maestro's name, hot hot Spy Sister), and boom, all of a sudden, they're completely different!

Maybe they'll be different for each episode though. I doubt it though. Still, that would make a big difference.

Back