Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mainly tend not to...

• no way!

• Total voters

cinders

Cadet
well people are so obsessed with images these days just kinda wondering if u r happy with who u r, I tend to be but I sometimes get that odd look in the mirror where I am disgusted and slack on the make-up. lol. :redhair:
tell me what you think...

I live by the theory that if you love yourself, others will see that and love you too. :redhair: :P U have to love yourself first. :angelic:

Ehh..let's just say I don't exactly have the highest self-esteem ever. In fact, I'd like to drastically change myself. I dislike, even hate who I am right now. I'm not being true to myself, but ehh..

& lookswise, I don't much like it either. I'm not allowed to express my individuality, & besides that..ew.

I wasn't sure if you were thinking looks-wise or personality-wise, so I put both. :smiley:

--jenn :juggle:

Umm..well, I'm definitely on the low end for self esteem -_- ....i dunno...i'm just not too happy with myself. It's not like I look horrible or ahything, in fact I've often been told that I'm pretty, but I just don't see it -_-

When I'm aournd people that I either know really well or don't know like at all, I'm a happy-go-lucky cheerleader type! lol Which I am on this board, but the truth is, I hide my real feelings about myself from like everyone.

I think for a lot of people, it's a case of 'things could be so much better, but they could also be so much worse'!

I once had a psychology teacher who said she was quite happy growing up in her small town in England, until everybody started getting televisions and other media. Suddenly she felt inadequate because of all the idealistic lifestyles and appearances promoted in the media. Like, who wants to have a normal life if other people are flying around the world being beautiful stars....

Everyone should love themselves, but it's hard. For me, it's not necessarily an image issue. I was once very confident. I was superwoman :lol:. Seriously, it was the best time of my life. Yet, people how I love and am close to (like my family) started to put a doubt in my mind. They made me question my image and my personaility. . .they made me lose my confidence. It is rough. Don't let anyone get to you. ANYONE. even your parents/sisters/brothers/best friends/etc. . . if you love yourself, then who cares if the rest of the world doesn't?

I'm happy with me. If I had the choice, I wouldn't want to be anybody else. Sure there are little things I'd change, like how my hair tangles, and how all I ever do is procrastinate, but I don't expect me to be perfect. I am very bad at assesing myself on the spot, and I am shy, but I can work on those. I don't tend to listen to what other people say about me.
Everybody shout "Shut up, I'm awesome!" !(One of my friend, Ivy's mottos.)

Jai

SHUT UP, I'M AWESOME!

I'm happy with myself, cuz i do my own choices and everything. but I wasent in highschool, highschool is a tough time 2 every1 bcuz its hard 2 b yourself, but now that im done, I feel free and happy 2 b my own thing

many professors state that you can never really KNOW YOURSELF, NORANYONE ELSE. eek caps. we put on so many different personasthat we are never thesame person every second, we are constantly changing and evolving.

I tend to not let anyone see the real me, in case they dont like it, I put up barriers etc and as I dopnt trust many people its hard for them to be broken down.

I dolive by the theory however, that if youdon't love yourself , how are others meant to.

I am beautiul, and anyone else can getlost. :redhair:

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>I dunno, it just feels like most of the time I'm on the edge of everyone else's lives. Like I'm a guest star on the best tv show -_- It feels like that a lot of the time :( </span>

Back