Do you take pictures of your meals?

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
While surfing PetaPixel (photography is one of my hobbies) I came across an article about restaurants who are now imposing no photography policies. The PetaPixel linked to the source article at the New York Times.

Restaurants Turn Camera Shy (Published 2013)

I can understand why some restaurants impose the policy, especially smaller locations where somebody snapping away with a flash can be quite irritating.

What caught my attention though was this part....
There are even those who stand on their chairs to shoot their plates from above.
Are there really idiots who stand up on their chairs in the middle of restaurant to photograph their meals?! :eek:

If that wasn't bad enough, apparently somebody actually thinks taking a picture with an iPhone is too hard and is now teaching lessons on how to do it.

Even Valery Rizzo, who teaches a class in iPhone food photography, thinks the trend has crossed a line. Tired of seeing uncentered, flash-marred photos of indistinguishable glop, Ms. Rizzo taught a course last fall at 3rd Ward in Bushwick, Brooklyn, to try to raise the bar. Ms. Rizzo briefs her students not only on the apps available, like Instagram, Foodie SnapPak and Camera+, but also tries to teach them lessons on composition and lighting. “No. 1 rule is no flash,” she said. “A lot of food photos are hideous because of the flash.”

Back