Do you think Irina would be a good role model?

...cuz Irina Derevko is my role model. Yes, my role model is a wanted criminal. She is saracastic, warm, loving, independent, lethal, powerful, manipulative, cunning, persuasive, persistant, highly intelligent, skilled, strong... She's also kinda cold in a good way...like, she doesn't show her emotions and stuff...what do you think? i really like some of the qualities she has, but i'm not going to go out and start doing what she did. what are some other characterisitics of irina? do you guys think i'm crazy? one of my friends did, it was funny watching her ask me how the hell irina was my role model...

LMAO! I'm not sure she'd be a good role model. I don't think Sydney is. But there's nothing wrong with that. She's just not mine. That doesn't stop me from worshiping her though. :love:

I really wouldn't recommend being completely dishonest with the one you love most dearly. (Would you betray the one you love?)

Perhaps Irina believes that she is in a position where this is unavoidable. However, we have not been shown this as of yet. I would have to reserve my judgment as far as Irina is concerned. She has many admirable qualities, but so far we have no idea what her true motivations are. Is she simply obsessed with Rambaldi at the expense of all else? If this is true, I would not recommend her as a role model. If she has a deeper motive that is as yet unrevealed--a definite possibility--her unsavory actions may have been forced upon her, as have been Jack's.

And even if she felt coerced into these actions, is it enough to justify her betrayal of her loved ones? I don't know. I'd have to think long and hard about it.

Just my humble opinion.
;)

verdantheart said:
I really wouldn't recommend being completely dishonest with the one you love most dearly. (Would you betray the one you love?)

Perhaps Irina believes that she is in a position where this is unavoidable. However, we have not been shown this as of yet. I would have to reserve my judgment as far as Irina is concerned. She has many admirable qualities, but so far we have no idea what her true motivations are. Is she simply obsessed with Rambaldi at the expense of all else? If this is true, I would not recommend her as a role model. If she has a deeper motive that is as yet unrevealed--a definite possibility--her unsavory actions may have been forced upon her, as have been Jack's.

And even if she felt coerced into these actions, does it still justify her betrayal of her loved ones? I don't know. I'd have to think long and hard about it.

Just my humble opinion.
;)
You took the words outta my mouth but in a more complicated way. ;)

I totally hear you VH and i think that Irina has gone thru several stages in her life some huge mistakes and other kind stages. I think that nothing justifies her betrayal or the actions she has taken...what it think makes a good rolemodel is one who with all that kind of past baggage is able to grow formt heir experiences. If she comes out of this rambaldi ditch and realizes her wrong therefore changing herself b/c of this...then i would say she is a good role model but if this is not true then her charachter is not as strong and therefore she is not a good role model...it all depends on how she gets out of this rut in the road

Yes, it's too early to tell.

I'd certainly call her a "strong" character, though, one way or the other. But that doesn't necessarily mean "admirable."
-_-

Yeah I think she is a good role model for those who want her to be. cuz you can make her whatever you want as of right now. but Vaughnfan13 she was my role model first lol just kidding.

Oh yeah she's a great role model!! Especially for me!! Hehe I don't care if she's good or evil.:smiley:

And VaughnFan13, do you go on Neopets? And isn't that your away message on AOL? Because it sounds familiar.

IrinaDerevko said:
Oh yeah she's a great role model!! Especially for me!! Hehe I don't care if she's good or evil.:smiley:

And VaughnFan13, do you go on Neopets? And isn't that your away message on AOL? Because it sounds familiar.
yeah, i go on neopets and yea, it my away message on aim...

Irina? A role model? This is a joke, right? She is just what Jack said she was in the beginning -- an opportunistic sociopath. He should never have budged from that positon. The idea that anyone would think she is a role model scares me.

Ophelia said:
Irina? A role model? This is a joke, right? She is just what Jack said she was in the beginning -- an opportunistic sociopath. He should never have budged from that positon. The idea that anyone would think she is a role model scares me.
:jawdrop: WWWHHHAAATTT!!!!! :jawdrop:

You don't seriously want to be like Irina, do you? She's wasted all her adult life with a sham marriage and then a career as an international criminal who has abandoned her family -- twice -- and dares not trust anyone. Is that really what you want?

Ophelia said:
You don't seriously want to be like Irina, do you? She's wasted all her adult life with a sham marriage and then a career as an international criminal who has abandoned her family -- twice -- and dares not trust anyone. Is that really what you want?
Well I don't know you can't really want to be like Irina she dosen't exsist but I don't yeah I kinda do is some points not all I mean she does have some good qualities. So yes I stand by the fact she is my role model

Angel said:
she does something bad, and than makes up for it by doing something nice.
Um, not speaking of Irina, but taking this out of context, so do wife-beaters. Wives keep on forgiving their abusive husbands and eventually find themselves in deep trouble. "Doing something nice" does not "make up" for "doing something bad."

Meanwhile, the jury's out on Irina still, as far as I'm concerned, but, as I've said, it'll take some major explaining to justify her actions. We have very incomplete information about her.
;)

Back