Sci-Fi Doctor Who (2005-2021) [NuWho]

Yes, children. As far as the UK is concerned it's a kids show. Just because something has dark tones & story lines doesn't mean it can't be for kids.

Um, no. Not only is it considered a kids program but it has won numerous awards over the years in that category.

That may be a topic best for it's own thread. ;)

No reason to insult me in order to engage me.

So one TARDIS shared by all of the time-travelling Time Lords of Gallifrey? How exactly do you see that playing out? All of the Time Lords are crossing either other's time lines?

As for one TARDIS.

Use your noggin! You are clearly taking offense to the imagination thing where no insult was intended. So use that imagination you claim to have and quit looking to me for evidence of the obvious!

Oh all right.

Let's say the TARDIS is stolen every time the Doctor leaves it and the TARDIS experiences a billion years worth of traveling and is then returned at the same precise moment he left it, he would be none the wiser.

The inside of the TARDIS, after all reconfigures, and can just as easily revert back to the same configuration that the Doctor left it as.

But let's extend this out a little bit.

What makes you think there's more than one Timelord? This enigmatic species who he always seems to know right where they are when he needs them but then when he doesn't he claims they are dead.

Have you ever considered it is only one immortal man who occasionally goes insane and forgets he is crossing over his own timeline and creating the never ending story?

There's plenty of evidence to suggest this is true.

Who'd he steal the TARDIS from?

Himself.

Finally - Your view and mine concerning Doctor Who and BBC's perspective of it are very different. Having spent a great deal of time in the UK myself, I can assure you it is not treated as a children's show, it airs after the children are sent to bed and is watched by the vast majority of the adult population there (and not the kids - because of it's nightmarish content). If your perspective is different, then I have no doubt we run with crowds which are quite different.

Last edited:
Dr. Who has the legacy of a kid's show. IIRC the original epis alternated between sci fi and history (Aztecs etc), sort of semi-educational.
they keep threatening a female Doctor. I hope not.

Dr. Who has the legacy of a kid's show. IIRC the original epis alternated between sci fi and history (Aztecs etc), sort of semi-educational.
they keep threatening a female Doctor. I hope not.

Ok, that I will agree on, it certainly has the legacy of a kid's show. But it's evolved well past that in recent generations, and for the first time the Doctor is actually showing genuine romantic interest in his companion, in particular with Clara with that 'near kiss', which is proving the show is changing with the times and the social climate.

I for one welcome an American translation of Doctor Who, and would be delighted to actually play a role in the production myself. As for the inclusion of a 'female' doctor, for an Americanized version would you be against a 'cosmic couple' - a male/female Pisces like Doctor Who?

How about this - The American Doctor sometimes loses his mind, and his partner - a sentient and very self aware female cyborg who genuinely enjoys whatever the Doctor's presenting as long as he's there.... They become a time traveling duo with a funky open polyamorous relationship to represent the more liberated American sexual climate, and while the British Doctor prefers saving the world, the American version simply prefers touring space and time and tampering with timelines and sexuality and he accidentally antagonizes the British Doctor - WHEN he loses his mind - and becomes the Master in a cosmic case of Jekkyl and Hyde.

The 'Female' Doctor is Clara, a counterpart to the two very differently motivated males on separate continents. She is the cyborg, and she considers it her responsibility to help the American Doctor regain his sanity, because in general, she knows she needs both of them sane to really enjoy her life with both of them at the same time.

The 'polyamorous' relationship is - she's shared, intimately, by both doctors. they BOTH have to come to terms with their possessiveness and be ok with knowing this occurs.

There's clearly crossover stories to be told. But if we focus on the sometimes crass and selfish nature of an American based Doctor who appreciates the British aristocratic snobbery, perhaps there's opportunity for us to explore in ways never before imagined?

That way, the lady is merely 'acting' the part of a Doctor to get the real Doctors to get along.

Which really leads into a wonderful series of questions of: Who the heck is she?

While we wait for series 10 of 'New Who' to air, you can start familiarizing yourself with the Doctor's new companion, Bill. Yes, that's a female companion named Bill.

I think the writer(s) are going to change and most likely a new Doctor by then (hopefully as I'm not too keen on Capaldi).

Capaldi sucks as the Doctor, but then I also thought Matt Smith sucked, but that might have been due to some dire scripts he had to wade through.
Well, for better or worse, you guys are getting your wish granted. :coffee: Capaldi will leaving the role as of the 2017 Christmas special.
I’ve never done one job for three years. I feel it’s time for me to move on to different challenges. I feel a bit sad but rather wonderful. What a privilege to have done this. You have to be aware of when it’s time to move on. They asked me to stay on—my contract had run out—they asked me to stay. I thought, “I love this but I don’t know how long I can do it and give it my best.” I want to move on to other challenges but there’s never been something that’s more special to me.
It should be noted that Capaldi's departure will be at the same time as Steven Moffat, the show's current show-runner, leaving as well. Maybe a coincidence but 3 years seems to be the expected length of time for an actor in the role lately because both David Tennant and Matt Smith also left after three years.

Nobody knows what to expect of Doctor Who in 2018 as we get both a new actor and a new show runner.

Actually season 10 has rocked thus far, some good solid horror - one of the staples of the Whoverse - injected. Episode 11 coming up, Cybermen, so we must be getting close to the end for Capaldi.

Not seeing any news on who gets to be the new Doctor yet.

Episode 11 coming up, Cybermen, so we must be getting close to the end for Capaldi.
If I am recalling correctly at the moment, there are two more Capaldi episodes scheduled to air (E11 & E12). I don't know if the usual Christmas/Holiday special will be with Capaldi or if it'll be used as the cross-over transition between the old & new actors.

I actually like Capaldi in the role as it reminds me so much of the 'Classic' Who actors like Pertwee, and I daresay, just a touch of Baker.

Xmas special has Capaldi who then regenerates as a Chick, shock development for anyone who hasn't actually been following the series for the last five seasons or so.

leela.jpg
I dig the old school Dr. Who, what is more cooler than having green bubble wrap on your hands?
Dr-Who-Ark-in-Space.png

So the plot foreshadowing of the past few seasons finally came to fruition with Jodie Whittaker cast as the titular character. Yeah I'm not a Pom either so have no idea if she'll be a good choice or not.

On more exciting news Moffat is gone, whip out the party balloons and chocolate cake, it can only get better from here :D

One of the bestest parts of Ms Whittaker being cast, some sites are going into meltdown as dudes get angry about it. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

So the plot foreshadowing of the past few seasons finally came to fruition with Jodie Whittaker cast as the titular character. Yeah I'm not a Pom either so have no idea if she'll be a good choice or not.

On more exciting news Moffat is gone, whip out the party balloons and chocolate cake, it can only get better from here :D

One of the bestest parts of Ms Whittaker being cast, some sites are going into meltdown as dudes get angry about it. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I'm cool with it bro, As long as they keep the show running, and new fans watching, it will work. Star Trek had its Captain Janeway, Alien had Lt. Ripley running the show. I know this will sound goofy, but will they call it Nurse Who? Lol! Just kidding!
giphy.gif
I'll tune in....

On a whim brought the new spin off Class figuring it might be a good intro for some younger relatives. Holy cow they aren't pulling the punches with this one, covering gay issues - two of the major characters are gay, and we do get a sex scene, and enough gore to keep gorehounds baying at the moon.

I dig the old school Dr. Who
I enjoy the Who verse in general but "Doctor Who" for me will always be the era of Tom Baker, Leela, Sarah Jane Smith, and K-9.
On a whim brought the new spin off Class figuring it might be a good intro for some younger relatives. Holy cow they aren't pulling the punches with this one, covering gay issues - two of the major characters are gay, and we do get a sex scene, and enough gore to keep gorehounds baying at the moon.
But is it worth watching? I missed it entirely over here in the States and haven't put the effort into yet to track down if it's available for streaming as the commercials seemed to be targeting a younger crowd.

The trailer for the 2017 Christmas episode has been released. I'm looking forward to it since it'll be featuring the first doctor. In a 'blink-and-you-might-miss-it' scene, at the end of the trailer it looks like you can see Capaldi at the helm of the TARDIS starting his regeneration.

With Capaldi being the 12h doctor I wonder if the topic of the Doctor being able to regenerate only 12 times will be be brought up. The War Doctor (play by John Hurt and depicted during the Time Wars) would've used up a regeneration as well and I suspect by now the topic is something that just isn't discussed anymore in the 'new Who' verse but, still, it'll be nice if they at least make mention of it somehow.

A gay sex scene is enough gore for most folks!:ROFLMAO:

So, a "teaser" trailer for reveal of the new Doctor Who with Jodie Whittaker has been released.

Can somebody explain it to me? 😕 I mean, is the good Doctor now doing a Flash impression by replacing somebody's pizza box and swapping their newspaper in the blink of the eye?

So, a "teaser" trailer for reveal of the new Doctor Who with Jodie Whittaker has been released.

Can somebody explain it to me? 😕 I mean, is the good Doctor now doing a Flash impression by replacing somebody's pizza box and swapping their newspaper in the blink of the eye?

Dude, dude, lol, Tom Baker is the end all, be all Doctor of all time, to me he made the series interesting and fun, and cliff hanger like. This isn't Dr. Who at all. Maybe it should be called Nurse What? LOL! If these writers get rid of the Tardis, then its over. I will watch it with an open mind, but bubba, she ain't Tom Baker, the king of all Who's....
40191545_lalla_ward.jpg
GenesisOfTheDaleks1.jpg