Sci-Fi Doctor Who (2005-2021) [NuWho]

I’ve heard a few DW podcasters talk about having BritBox. I’m going to resubscribe soon. I know that Steven of Radio Free Skaro has talked about it, not just for DW, but in discovering/rediscovering The Sandbaggers, a gritty spy series from the late 70s (one I remember from back in the day).

I hear you about not watching more. I haven’t gotten into a new series in years. For me, it’s a bit of, “I’m a writer, I should read more.” I also don’t want to get invested in a series and see it cancelled partway through or stick the landing.

Revolution of the Daleks - sums up the current issues the franchise is facing, plot holes galore, lore kicked to curb if the script requires it, and dramatic bits that are simple cringe worthy.

Developments

Ryan and Graham have left the show, don't blame them, Whittacker has stated 2021 will be her final year, thank god for that but would have preferred Chibs to have been given the arse and see what another show runner could have done with the Jodie Doctor.

Season 23 Boxset, McCoy era, becoming available in Commonwealth Countries, the BBC have really out done themselves with these collections. Pre-ordered my copy already.

Good news for suffering Who fans.

Both Jodie and Chibs out in 2022! Yay, though I think the pair hav3e between them fatally injured the franchise.

Need better writers and someone that gets the weight the Doctor carries, and jettison the SJW rubbish. Real Fans of the franchise want solid story lines, a good Doctor, and monsters ... lots of monsters.

Well we are into series thirteen and Chibs has promised a whole new six part season, sort of like classic Who did but with more stories.

Anyways the first one dropped, will have to have another look, not as bad as I thought it would be but that could be due to the warp factor 13 pace.

Anyways the first one dropped, will have to have another look, not as bad as I thought it would be but that could be due to the warp factor 13 pace.
I just want to know why the main villains look like a bad disco act from the 70's complete with glitter makeup?

Flux, it's... it's not getting better. Now even more of the classic Doctor Who backstory is being retconned to tie it in with the horrible 'Timeless Child' premise to the point where the entire "Doctor Who" character is being rewritten.

Whomever green lit this storyline made a horrible mistake. :(

Kevin just about to watch episode five, thankfully only one more after that, but hell yeah this is getting a whole lot worse.

Caught up with a bunch of people over the last week who were on a private board discussing all things Who during the Tennant years. Views range from gave up on it five or so series ago, to didn't realise it was on. Sad indictment that Whovians are no longer watching.

Not even sure RTD is going to save this franchise from another journey into the wilderness.

Kevin just about to watch episode five, thankfully only one more after that, but hell yeah this is getting a whole lot worse.
I just watched ep 5 and it looks like this is how they'll end up doing a likely soft-reboot of the "Who-verse" when the current series ends. No more restrictions on the number of regenerations and the existence of multi-verses. They weren't happy with just retconning the Doctor, U.N.I.T. has been hit as well. Of course New Who already decimated the legacy of U.N.I.T previously so this retcon isn't as bad as what they are doing to the title character but, still, it seems like goal of FLUX has been to have the current actor's exit arc to be a Scorched-Earth policy for any future Who.

New Doctor Who to debut this month.
having turned the Doctor into a white female now the BBC has him/her become a black male.
presumably the next incarnation will be a gay Arab female tranny.

I lost interest end of Capaldi era.

New Doctor Who to debut this month.
I have the DVR set to record it automatically but it's not something I'm looking forward to. The 'Timeless Child' and 'Flux' story lines seemed to have gone out of their way to destroy vestiges of Classic Who in an attempt at rebooting the franchise. I don't know if the retooling worked as I don't keep up with TV ratings much these days; I guess we'll find out when we see how the new actor is used in the role.

But Whitaker's time can't blamed alone. 'The Impossible Girl' arc with Clara now being an integral part of the very existence of the Doctor and major events in the Who franchise did not help matters either.

I've split off the "Disney+" era of Who to a new thread since that's how TMDB is showing....