Sci-Fi Doctor Who (2005-2021) [NuWho]

I'm watching this season and I really like it. David Tennant is a really good Doctor Who. This tv show is funny and at the same time, it's good sci-fi.

Doctor Who is bloody Awesome!!!! YAY!!!

I think it's a first we get something beofre the US... so weird...!!!

Yay go David Tennent....

Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na woo oooo ooooo <<---- Theme song!

tennant_doctorwho_tn.jpg
Steven Moffat, who has written some of the most acclaimed episodes of the BBC's Doctor Who, has been named the lead writer and executive producer of the hit SF series, replacing show runner Russell T. Davies, the British Guardian newspaper reported.

(via Sci-Fi Wire)

"The Darkness" is coming... related to the recurring Torchwood plot line of "There is something in the darkness" any chance?

The rumour mill suggests the up and coming Daleks storyline will have a meeting of all the characters we've known to date in Doctor Who, plus the Torchwood lot.

Nice. Can't wait for this one.

BTW, Tim. Your 'flying crows' nearly cost me my monitor. I caught a glimpse at the bottom of my screen and swatted at what I thought was a bug.

:eek:

Rob

David Tennant Quitting as Doctor Who after 2009

Wired said:
According to the U.K. newspaper, The Guardian, David Tennant officially announced his intention to step away from his role as The Doctor in the longest running science fiction series in history, Doctor Who.

"I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life changing time working on Doctor Who," Tennant said. "I have loved every day of it. It would be very easy to cling on to the Tardis console forever and I fear that if I don't take a deep breath and make the decision to move on now, then I simply never will."

Tennant (in a BBC publicity photo, right) will remain with the series through four specials planned in 2009. The timing makes senses as it means new executive producer Steven Moffat can start his tenure fresh in 2010 with the new 11th Doctor.

Let the casting rumors begin with extra fervor now.

Image courtesy BBC

See also:

img.phdo
tracker.php

(Via Wired)

First time I recall the local papers even mentioning the show....

From the Philadelphia Inquirer...
How can one possibly continue to slog on through one's barren existence after this? The two men most responsible for making the new Doctor Who series, which was resurrected in 2005 after a 16-year absence to become a critically lauded hit, are both leaving the show.

London's Daily Mail says actor David Tennant and writer/producer Russell T. Davies will be gone after the fourth season ends next year.

"I've had the most brilliant, bewildering and life-changing time working on Doctor Who. I have loved every day of it," said Tennant, whose turn as Hamlet in the Royal Shakespeare Company's current production in Stratford has received rave reviews.

Tennant took over the Tardis when Christopher Eccleston quit the show after one season. Bookmakers say the favorite to become the 11th Doctor is Robert Carlisle (Trainspotting, 28 Weeks Later).

Should be interesting to see how the show continues on with its new audience holding Tennant in their hearts so much.

okay, you know how Doctor Who is supposed to be a family show? watch the video clip here from the coming xmas episode:

A new 'Doctor Who' Christmas clip

when you get 2/3rds the way through and the cyberman talks to the bad woman about "rise of the cybermen" watch her eyes carefully as she answers him

Reminds me of the old Star Trek: TNG episode with Tasha Yar asking Data if he was fully functional or not.

I sorted through all my tapes today and watched basically every episode of this season. God it was good. I really miss it. Im such a shipper of the doctor and Rose though. They were so cute, thats why im a bit worried bout the new doctor, i hope they have the same chemistry
Well this is probably a very moot point by now but I hope everyone knows that the 10th Doctor and Rose did indeed have fantastic chemistry - and I personally shipped them even more than I shipped Nine/Rose although I have to credit Nine with opening up my heart to the thought of shipping the Doctor with anyone when it became clear how much he loved Rose in Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways.