Does anyone like the Aliens movies or books?

Rebeccajordan76, welcome to Cool SciFi! :welcome:

By books do you mean novelizations of the movies or were/are there additional books out the cover more than just the movies?

PS: The original Aliens was the first movie that scared the heck out of me as a kid. :P

Books about "Aliens".

KW802 said:
Rebeccajordan76, welcome to Cool SciFi! :welcome:

By books do you mean novelizations of the movies or were/are there additional books out the cover more than just the movies?

PS: The original Aliens was the first movie that scared the heck out of me as a kid. :P

Novaliizations + spin off books about the same species. Below is a link of books with aliens and stories about aliens from the "Alien" movies. The second two links are links to websites about my favorite, human character from the movie "Aliens"
:r2d2:

Amazon.com. Spend less. Smile more.
http://www.burningmax.com/Archives/dec03qa.htm http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Lair/8421/henn.html

Another link

Here is another link about "Alien" books- novels and comic books as well as more pics. Some are from the movies, one is of a novel cover and some are other artistic renderings of "Aliens" aliens. By the way does anyone know if there is, or will be an "Alien versus Predator" movie? I heard that there either was or will be but I can't find anything about it on the internet. Anyhow, take care all and have a good night. David

Video Game News, Reviews, and Walkthroughs - IGN

i prefer the spin off books and the latest movie that keeps in the same theme. the first hollywood films are maybe too mass-driven whereas the spinoff books and the latest film are more for the fans.

AvP dissapointed so many people, of those i asked the disliking viewers are no-scifi fans in the main. i suspect the scifi fans who disliked it "watch" scifi but aren't real fans, just people who've accepted scifi as part of our world finally.

as true scifi fan would know the film Outland (sean connery) and know it's storyline is similar to the wild west mining town marshals situation and the weekly coach coming in. i use the film as a test for those scifi viewers who i don't think are really "fans" of the genre.

Mr Destructo said:
i prefer the spin off books and the latest movie that keeps in the same theme. the first hollywood films are maybe too mass-driven whereas the spinoff books and the latest film are more for the fans.

AvP dissapointed so many people, of those i asked the disliking viewers are no-scifi fans in the main. i suspect the scifi fans who disliked it "watch" scifi but aren't real fans, just people who've accepted scifi as part of our world finally.

as true scifi fan would know the film Outland (sean connery) and know it's storyline is similar to the wild west mining town marshals situation and the weekly coach coming in. i use the film as a test for those scifi viewers who i don't think are really "fans" of the genre.

What was the last "Alien" movie? Was it "Alien Verses Predator". Did they make a movie like that? I tryed doing a wenb search but I didn't find anything. Please reply some time thanks. David

AvP was a gooood one but as Mr Destucto said ...you got to be a fan... to appreciate. Saw it here in UK late last summer.

when Alien first showed I went back for more several times (same year as StarWars!)

I haven't seen AvP yet... I just haven't had a chance to catch up on my missed movies list.

RebeccaJordan76: Instead of attaching all of the images here have you checked out the Media Gallery yet? :smiley:

rebeccajordan76 said:
Am I allowed to post pis in the media gallery? Please reply if and when you get a chance. Thanks. David
Not only are you allowed to but you're encouraged to! ;)

I thought the first 2 Alien movies were great. However, since Hollywood has a habit of beating a good idea until it bleeds, I lost interest after seeing Alien 3 (I thought it was a real TURKEY!). I didn't bother with the fourth Alien movie. AVP entertained me for a couple of hours but I'll problably never watch it again. The characters were cardboard cutouts.

Question

Dear Kevin:

I uploaded a lot of images of the movie "Aliens" I really want them all to be posted? Are they going to be all posted or what? Anyhow, please reply sometime. Thank you.

Sincerely,

David

Back