does michael speak french like a french?

when michael speaks french it's so so so sexy. I already thought he was th hottest man I ever see but when he speaks french he's OH MY GOD!!!!!!!
I think for a man who isn't go to france for a long time, he speak pretty well!!!
I wonder if you think the same way or not :woot: :woot: :woot:
:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:
On the other hand jenifer has an enormous american accent in the 12th episode of the season 2. Michael would learn her!!!!! that would be cute, no? :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Well, let me offer my two cents on the subject:

I can't remember what episode it was, but I believe it was Season 1. There was a scene where Michael Vartan speaks French to someone (I believe they were at a power plant or something like that. I'm too lazy at the moment to look and see what episode it was). The first thought that came to mind was, "Damn, he speaks French VERY well indeed."

So I did some checking on IMDB and found out that he lived in France for quite some time.

So THAT explains it.

Btw, I teach French and THAT'S why my curiosity was piqued.

LaFemme :redhair:

AliasLafemme said:
Well, let me offer my two cents on the subject:

I can't remember what episode it was, but I believe it was Season 1. There was a scene where Michael Vartan speaks French to someone (I believe they were at a power plant or something like that. I'm too lazy at the moment to look and see what episode it was). The first thought that came to mind was, "Damn, he speaks French VERY well indeed."

So I did some checking on IMDB and found out that he lived in France for quite some time.

So THAT explains it.

Btw, I teach French and THAT'S why my curiosity was piqued.

oui oui. lol. he speaks french very well, which i can't...............

Hi ..I'm french...and I really love Vartan but you all should know that he has an american accent when he speaks french...he doesn't speak as a native french, BUT his accent is really great!!He's really hotter when he speaks french with that accent!!!I heard that he has lost a lot of his french grammar, vocabulary, etc.., but I Can help him to improve his french whenever he wants!!!!!!!! I think that he's not aware of being so sexy when he speaks french..

I just watch an interview of Michael on Good Morning America. :woot: The presenter ask michael to say "i need a plumer imediatly" and he do it with the cutest american accent "j'ai besoin d'un plombier tout de suite". there he have an accent but it's so sexy. I like when he speaks french as well as I do (i'm french) but I clearly prefer the american accent. ça me fait complètement fondre (i'm sorry I don't know how to say that in english!!!! :blush: )

ps: I watched an episode of the first season where he speaks english with a french accent and OMG i hope we don't speak like that because it's very very odd!!!!
please reassure me we don't do that, we don't pronounce all the letters of words like he did!!!!!!

Hi...

I have to see that episode again... I don't remember how his pronounciation was.. But I'm sure I have a very bad accent when I speak english...It's really sad!!!!But I try to do my best!!!! :(

Hi...It's me!!

you know.. in english there are stressed words, unstressed words..and I'm sure
that I will never be able to pronounce them as an american person do...BUT, I think; and I Hope that my accent is nice, as vartan's american accent when he speaks french..Do you understand what I mean? So, don't worry about that, speaking with an accent is most of the times very charming!!!

ooooh....when is this french accent in series one?????? that sounds cute to me [ it would anyways, becuase im english ]

yeah, corinne, the reason we aint that good at french is becuase instead of listening to madam knott, and learning to speak like vartie, we are too bust obesessing over him and drooling over pictures of him.

ps.... mv + french = v sexy [ see, i like maths]

coucou

thank you to reassure me. I'm not really sure i've a charming accent but i hope!!!
michael vartan doesn't like french accent!!! I felt upset when he said that in an interview!!!!! how could he say that!!!!!!!
:jawdrop:

yumyum_sark_&_vaughn said:
ooooh....when is this french accent in series one?????? that sounds cute to me [ it would anyways, becuase im english ]

yeah, corinne, the reason we aint that good at french is becuase instead of listening to madam knott, and learning to speak like vartie, we are too bust obesessing over him and drooling over pictures of him.

ps.... mv + french = v sexy [ see, i like maths]
haha i'm droppign french now.................cos of ms knott.

I think he is way sexy when he speaks french. I love to hear it and I even know what hes saying! :D He probably has lost his french accent since he hasn't lived in France since he was 18. Even though he wass bron there, he still has spent a lot of time in America. I would love to see the three french films he did early on. I'll probably die of drooling so much tho. :rolleyes:

Okay here's a question for the francophiles in you guys,

Can someone define or at least give their definition of what is a French accent? What makes a French accent? The reason I ask is that first I teach French and well I find Michael Vartan's French to be quite good. It seems that Michael Vartan's losing of a French accent (and I only said seems) is a bad thing? Maybe not. Just an observation. I would like to hear him as someone mentioned earlier in some of his French films he made.

Saying that someone has lost an accent can sometimes be interpreted as a plus or a minus. I also speak Spanish and well when I speak with some people, I am told I have no American accent at all. However, with others, I am told I do have an accent. I'm sure if I'm discussing Alias or Michael Vartan in French, I can lose my accent real quick since I would ahem . . :rolleyes: passionate about that subject? (Can ya blame me? :angelic: )

My thought might be this . . . sometimes I think it's more a question of the style of the language spoken. For example, I know my Spanish and French are more formal that what is spoken on the streets and yet I make myself clearly understood.

Perhaps for Michael Vartan, the dialogue given in the episode is much more formal. Also, here's a thought . . . did he write the dialog or did someone else? Because, I do know one other thing - going from one language to another is quite difficult. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I've been watching this topic and well now I thought I would throw in my two cents (or should I say "deux cents") for what it's worth.

The French teacher who learned her French the hard way . . . practice . . . practice . . . practice.

like any language french has many different dialects so depending on what part of france you are from the way the language is spoken will be different. Thats what i think neway, i have been to france lots of times and i think his accent is good, but when you dont speak the language everyday it is bound to change slightly. :smiley:

AliasLafemme said:
Okay here's a question for the francophiles in you guys,

Can someone define or at least give their definition of what is a French accent? What makes a French accent? The reason I ask is that first I teach French and well I find Michael Vartan's French to be quite good.
Hi La femme:!!

i'm french, and i wanna say that from my point of view, MV speaks french very well.

like Nan said he's lived in France for 18 years (which BTW is more than half of his life so far ...) and his father is french. but as his mother is american, i guess he's been speaking english since he's a child. maybe now he doesn't get many occasions to speak french since he lives in the USA surrounded by american who speak... well... american!! as a result his english is perfect (i mean without a hint of french accent) but his french isn't maybe just as "french" as it used to be.

you know how we, french people, pronounce the "A", the "R", the "U", the "E" ... lots of letters that have no phonetic equivalent in english, so maybe when he speaks french, there's a little, very little hint of english behind the way he still can pronounce those letters "à la française".

i don't know if i'm making myself clear here, but well... i've tried!! :D

as for the vocabulary, he himself said that he's lost lots of his words in french, but that's only a matter of practice. and i'm sure he'll speak just like a french guy if only he'd stay in our country a little !!! :P

and i'll be more than willing to accomodate him if he's got no place to stay !! :lol:
i must be daydreaming again ... ^_^

Back