Season 2 Does the title have a double meaning?

This thought just came across my mind and I thought I'd post it and see what you all think about it. The title "The Getaway" says two things to me:

One, Sydney and Vaughn "getting away" to go on their date.

Two, Sydney rescuing Jack who is "getting away" from danger. Or, that's what I think he/they is/are getting away from.

What do you guys think? Do you think that's a right thing to think of the title of having that double meaning?

Just seemed like an interesting thought for me to ponder and say.

You know im not sure what it means either, but your thought about it being v/s and syd and jack thats the way i would look at it i dont really have any other clue what it could mean. Somebody has to be trying to getaway from someone. that all i can see it being. so i agree with you Flames24

They love titles with double meanings. In this case, I expect it might well indicate both the expected "date" and Jack's getaway (or escape) from SD-6 forces in pursuit of him. It could also possibly point to other things.

I totally agree. All this double meaning stuff is way i think. It adds more depth to the show. First you have what your idea is and then BAMB!!! the same meaning pops again in a different situation. I think that the whole double meaning is my favorite part about Alias.

Krazed :ninja:

It's a good theory. I thought that A Higher Echelon had a double meaning, too. Like the relationship of the Bristow Family went to a higher level. Or the higher echelon level (irina) cancelled out SD-6's attempt to access it.

i agree. i think it probably does have a double meaning. in the promos syd and vaughn have dinner and syd helps jack get away when he is being chased (presumably).

yes yes yes... this all makes lots of sense. i think that this episode will probably cause an uproar when it airs because of these 2 storylines.

it's totally Alias style so yah. Maybe it means also Syd and Vaughn getting away from the guys chasing them? cuz I heard that was in the show...

or maybe it's Syd getting away from Kane.. cuz on abc it said that kane sets a trap for Jack and Syd gets caught!

AG

well, maybe it means that sloane and emily were able to make their "getaway" from the alliance. I dunno...it just seemed like that was a major focal point of the episode at the end....

i definitely see "the getaway" as referring to emily and sloane since emily's getaway was definitely the greatest escape. both sydney/vaughn and jack's getaways were busts. they all got caught. but emily and sloane got away scot free. thus, their getaway was the greatest. ;)

I agree with what Neocoder said, I didn't see that part coming about Sloane and Emily until very near the end and golly was I shocked!

All these options could work, really. Who's to say there is only one? And another theory:

The Getaway...as in the love/kiss/moment that got away. ;)

Another theory I thought up, not sure if it'll make sense to you guys, but when Vaughn asked Sydney to dinner and said he was hungry and then Sydney said she was hungry, too...Maybe besides just being hungry as in wanting to eat food, maybe they were both "hungry" to get together and start being a couple. You know "hungry" for love.

Yeah! i was thinking that thing about hunger too! When i finished watching The Getaway, I thought about the meaning and also came up with Sloane and Emily.

Back