Domino Theory

Title: Domino Theory
Summary: Trouble in the Flirting Corner…

People who she loved, falling down like dominoes.

A chain of depressing relationships, always ending in disaster. Her mother, Noah, then Danny. She killed them all. She had brought about their downfall, one way or another. Just by loving them, they had sealed their fate.

And now Vaughn loved her, and she loved him, but she knew she shouldn’t. She couldn’t. It would only hurt him. She was a walking curse.

Anything she touched, anything she loved, anything she did, all fell apart.

They shared looks in the rotunda, stole kisses when no one was looking. They were the best team in the CIA. Their physical relationship only aided their good teamwork.

“Vaughn, we need to talk.” Sydney pulled him aside after a briefing one day. She immediately saw a change in his demeanor. He looked worried, concerned, scared for her.

“What is it Syd?” he asked quietly, once in the comfort of ‘their’ corner.

‘The Flirting Corner’ as Weiss had once commented.

Times had changed, people had changed, she had changed.

“I’m sorry.” She took a deep breath, calming her aching heart. She needed to get this out. It was just so hard.

“What’s wrong? Are you alright?” He gently held on to her shoulders, pleading with her to tell him the problem, he was worried sick over her well being.

“I’m fine.” She admitted, not looking him in the eye. Those brilliant green eyes, that sparkled like the sun for her. She had put her faith, her trust, her love in him.

She could read his mind through those eyes, she could see his every thought. But now she couldn’t bear to see the pain she was about to put there.

“Syd, don’t scare me like that. I could have had a heart attack.” He confessed, silently proclaiming how much he truly cared for her. She flinched when he moved his hand to caress her cheek. She was used to it, but this time it was different.

“Stop being so great.” She pleaded. He always knew exactly how to make her feel better. She wanted to smile for him, she wanted to forget who she was, just to be with him.

“Too late.” He chuckled lightly, gently whipping away the few tears falling from her chocolate brown eyes.

He leaned down to her face and gently connected his lips to hers in a tender kiss. He was trying to take away her pain in a way that only he could. They stayed joined together for several moments until they needed to breathe again.

“I’m so so sorry.” She confessed again. More tears trailing their way down her cheeks, staining them cherry red.

“There is no need to be sorry. Tell me what’s wrong. I’m here for you.” He pleaded, utterly confused at her breakdown.

She straightened up and took a deep breath, forcing the tears to stop falling. She held her breath for a few seconds, composing herself enough to speak.

“I never wanted to hurt you. Always know that.” She brought his head down with her hand and forced his lips on hers in a passionate kiss, ending it as quickly as she had started it.

“We can’t see each other any more.” She said, barely above a whisper, he almost hadn’t heard it. He blinked a few times and tried to form words of his own.

“No, Syd, we’re fine. You don’t have to leave.” He begged her to stay with him, his heart breaking, tears gathering in his own eyes. “I love you. You love me. Don’t go.” He grabbed her shoulders again and pulled her against him, trying to hold her forever.

“Vaughn… I’m sorry. I don’t want you to get hurt.” Her voice was muffled into his chest, but he heard her clearly. He clutched onto her, savoring her scent, her body against his.

“Is that what this is about?” He released her enough to look her in the eye. He knew she always pitied herself. She would always blame herself for all the evil in the world. He wanted her to see that it wasn’t her fault.

“You know, as well as I do, that anyone I love gets hurt. I care for you too much to let you get put in harm’s way.”

She let one single tear fall from her eye and pulled herself out of his now numb grasp, walking away towards the door. It had seemed so close only moments ago, but now it was one of the longest walks she had ever taken. If only she could turn around and run back into his arms.

“I’ll always love you, Sydney.” He whispered to the bitter air left in her wake.

Just one more domino, falling down in the line.

Thanks for reading. hope it wasnt too bad.

Dude.

Was that it?

:blink:

If it wasn't, I SO want a PM.

If it was, you are quite evil. Was inspired by "There's Only One Sydney Bristow"?

Excellent.

nope, i wrote it back when i wrote My Last Breath and Unfaithful... but yeah.......
(MLB isnt up yet, dont worry)
how would it be inspired by that epi?

nope, i wrote it back when i wrote My Last Breath and Unfaithful... but yeah.......
(MLB isnt up yet, dont worry)
how would it be inspired by that epi?

In There's Only One Sydney Bristow, Sydney was talking to Will about how everyone she loved or loves gets hurt.

And I thought that's why she broke up with Vaughn in this one-parter.

;)

that was good
and i can understand her not wanting to hurt vaughn, but leaving him is hurting him...does that make sense??

Back