Don't mess with gamers, baby..

Well, that' probably not the "right" Reaction, but i do have to sympathize with the Gamers here. After all they (or rather "we") don't have a Platform that reaches the People Fox News does, where they could at least show the Truth. So it's only fair to allow them to demand Rectification in the Way they can. ...and maybe, hopefully, it helps teach People who've never played a Computergame and would never touch this infernal Stuff, that one shouldn't demonise it just because of Hearsay.

And by the Way, I'd say it's not only Insult, but Character Assassination - expecially considering Americas "Nipple-Panic".

There's at least one of those scenes in any film that rolls out of Hollywood, and most of those movies aren't rated "adult only". Where is the moral indignation about that? Why is a game for adults with the same kind of scene as so many movies so much worse than the movies?

I just don't get it. And from that perspective, I do understand the backlash from gamers over this. At least she realizes she was a stupid cow and should've checked things for herself, so that's good at least. But still, gamers deal with this a lot, media demonizing video games without much of any basis.

Fortunately for Cooper Lawrence there is no such thing as bad publicity, so the commotion might just help her.

There's at least one of those scenes in any film that rolls out of Hollywood, and most of those movies aren't rated "adult only". Where is the moral indignation about that? Why is a game for adults with the same kind of scene as so many movies so much worse than the movies?

I just don't get it. And from that perspective, I do understand the backlash from gamers over this. At least she realizes she was a stupid cow and should've checked things for herself, so that's good at least. But still, gamers deal with this a lot, media demonizing video games without much of any basis.

Fortunately for Cooper Lawrence there is no such thing as bad publicity, so the commotion might just help her.

They did it precisely because gamers get so much flack like that. It's not really about getting back at her, just making people realize that games are not to be called negative just because they are games.

Unfortunately Fox News wasn't burned to the ground in the process...

I know it's off topic. But I really had to quote this for emphasis.

On topic, at least she came out and apologized for her remarks, admitting that she was wrong. Most people in the public eye don't even have the decency to admit that now-a-days. Still, the apology doesn't make up for the initial infraction, and I have to agree with the gamers' response.

Back