Season 5 Down the Rabbit Hole ...

My sis, twin_mommy, and I have been trying to formulate our theory so here goes: I think that, around the six-month mark after Syd's "death," Kendall began to suspect Lauren somehow (still not sure how) and approached Vaughn (who was drinking himself into insanity) with a deep cover assignment.

Vaughn was to "leave" the CIA, get involved with Lauren and possibly marry her, to keep tabs on her and find out as much as he can about her ties to a new (at that time) evil organization, the Covenant, which they think may have been responsible for Syd's death. This would explain why Vaughn was willing to do it, go so far as marry her, and I definitely don't think he knew Syd was alive until they sent him to Hong Kong.

I think that Syd recognized Mackenas Cole at the table when she stabbed the guy in the blue shirt, and she told Kendall originally, but he's not telling her now because he doesn't think she "needs to know" this right now. I think that Lauren and Cole are involved somehow and he is the one who she was talking to on the phone at the end of Full Disclosure, not Sark. I think Sark was talking to Cole, not Lauren. I don't think that Sark knows yet that Lauren is "evil" otherwise there is no good explanation for their interaction in that scene in the car that the audience was witness to but nobody else. Obviously Lauren knew Sark worked for the Covenant but she didn't want to blow her cover to Sark just yet so she pretended to still be the innocent NSC person. I think now that Cole has had her step up her efforts by killing Lazarey, she will eventually be introduced to Sark and they will work together.

Going along with what cg's-gal_72689 said about "the passenger," I think this is Lauren's codename with the Covenant and Lazarey heard it and knows there is a mole but doesn't know who. Several theories abound concerning how Lauren and Cole are "involved." One theory is that they are lovers, and they are the two who will be seen in the sex scene referred to by Kristin/Wanda. If this is the case, then I think that Lauren Reed is the biological daughter of the Senator and his wife, but when they sent her to boarding school in London, she became very bitter/angry at being "abandoned" by her family and somehow met Cole and fell in love and he convinced her to be "evil" and work against the U.S. that "stole" her family from her (because her father is a senator and has to devote all his time to serving the U.S.) which would be a better excuse for that lame accent (i.e. she didn't want to have an "American" accent because she hates America). So ever since she graduated/moved back to the U.S./started working for the NSC she has really been a double-agent for Cole and his "new" organization, The Covenant.

So why did she marry Vaughn if she is in love with Cole? Perhaps when the relationship started (because of Vaughn's deep cover assignment) Cole told her to go along with it because he knew that Sydney was still alive and he was trying to turn her into Julia Thorne but if that failed and somehow Sydney "came back" then Vaughn being married to someone else would complicate matters further. So Lauren thinks she is "playing" Vaughn but he is really "playing" her.

This is really long so I'll post this but I also have a different theory about Lauren and Cole being brother and sister (and therefore, hopefully, NOT the ones in the sex scene) that I'll make a separate post for.

Back