Feedback downloading for gallery

Hayden, I'm not sure I'm following. Are you referring to uploading images or downloading images?

Hi kevin -I'm referring to uploading images to CoolSciFi. At the moment I'm recovering files from a damaged harddrive -there are some small jpegs which when opened come back at the original size instead of A5 as they were supposed to be. (If I remember correctly, the Skwirlinator queried this a while ago.) However, I've got small jpegs at 150kb but some original artwork can be rescanned or they are still being recovered as.ppd files. How do you want them?

jpeg is small but reasonable quality for images on websites that are submitted to galleries (normally 250-500k), bitmap are just way too large normally. if a website has images in the pages, they tend to be gif, to allow easy and fast loading of pages, but a gallery is different as those images are only downloaded to your pc when you ask them, rather than being part of the site face itself

Using FF, Open the gallery upload screen in multiple tabs. You can upload 5 at a time for every tab that is open.

:D thanks Skwirlinator. have recovered more image files from HD -might be able to increase jpeg size to improve detail/colours :( but still having problem with constrained size -whether original ppd is A2,A3,A4 and resized to A5 before saving as jpeg the resulting image still coming out larger. Upload to gallery for comment/critism in next few days

Guys/gals, I've just changed the upload number from 5 to 10 at a time. On the old server we were having timeout issues with uploading a lot of images at once but on our new server it really shouldn't be a problem.

If there are any other tweaks you can think of let me know. :smiley:

Kool, I didn't know you had that power or I'd have asked a while ago! Thanx!

Now, make it stop raining!

Question to the Administrator or Moderstor.

Dear administrator or moderator:

I uploaded a lot of images of the movie "Aliens" I really want them all to be posted? Are they going to to be all posted or what? Anyhow, please reply sometime . Thank you.

Sincerely,

David

:help: :ufo:

Upload Failure

I attempted to upload an image. It was a "Star Trek" wall paper depicting an older Enterprise. I will attach the image that I tried to upload. I don't know what went wrong.

:giveup:

Hi, posted some jpg pics yesterday (friday) -accepted subject to checking by moderator -is there a problem 'cos I can't find them?

Try that. Kevin might have switched it to Mod/Admin validation to avoid multiple images... I checked it and I said "Validate All". It might have worked.

uploading as you read this, cheers, hope people like them -more to come. Perhaps someone has suggestions for new stuff they'd like to see. Oh, kevin -keep watching for some spaceships and machines soon.

Guys, sorry to have not chimed in earlier... I've been tied up the past few days.

King: You and Mr. D should both have permissios to validate both images and links. If you don't, or have problems, let me know.

Hayden: I love the seajet! Strangely enough water craft isn't a very common item with art from the genre. You shouldn't have to worry about your uploads shortly.... After a community member has made 50 posts they are automatically bumped up to a different usergroup that isn't moderated. I did that so somebody wouldn't hit the board with a hit-and-run (register, upload a bunch of images that aren't family friendly, and then leave again). I noticed you're at 50 posts now so you should be automatically upgraded shortly.

Back