Dragon Paraphenalia

omegadrax

just some guy
i have been collecting various dragon items. my biggest thing is t-shirts. i tell myself that i will eventually stop wearing them (and wearing them out), but i am 32 and still haven't. i have the dragon tarot. i broken dragon goblet, that i don't have the heart to throw out. various dragon toys, which my wife longs to throw out. and some dragon figurines.

I only have a few dragon pieces in my collection. One is a ceramic box with a dragon on top and the other is a pewter dragon holding a water globe; both pretty cool and from the wife.

I know what's it like not wanting to throw anything out.... I've got boxes & boxes of stuff still packed away in the garage because I don't have room to display it. :(

When I put up a yard sale sign last summer, a guy showed up with his kids in a truck and the all got out with shovels?

I actually called the phone number on the sign that says "Lots For Sale"
I asked them Lots of What? They hung up on me, I guess they were sold out.

skwirlinator said:
When I put up a yard sale sign last summer, a guy showed up with his kids in a truck and the all got out with shovels?
It took me a minute to get that one! :P

skwirlinator said:
I actually called the phone number on the sign that says "Lots For Sale"
I asked them Lots of What? They hung up on me, I guess they were sold out.

i didn't catch on until i read the second one. that's hilarious. i will use those around work and home. just through them out in casual conversation.

Conclusions
Defining dragons is a very complex subject, and cannot be done with a few sentences. Even a more elaborate definition, such as this one, has problems classifying some creatures. Ancient sources of dragon information can be hard to translate, and some information may only be found in one source. This means that sources cannot always be crossed checked. Even with good sources, there are some creatures who are borderline cases, such as nagas. Nagas are from India. They are serpents, with human heads. Many have supernatural powers. Nagas would not be the first dragons to look chimeric. Having human parts is not intrinsically different from a dragon having bird wings or fish fins. Dragons already share other human traits (such as intelligence), so why could a dragon not share physical traits too? It is a matter of opinion whether there is a difference in looking like a human, to looking like a bird. Issues like this also contribute to blurring the borderlines of what is a dragon, and what is not a dragon.

I have a cool pair of hand carved dragons mounted on a piece of a tree stump.. it's about 2 feet tall.. I will have to take a pic and post it up

A collection Item that is often associated with Dragons is Swords. I have a few knives and sabres that have dragons carved in them.