Fantasy Dragonball Evolution (2009)

Daax

Cadet
Title: Dragonball Evolution

Tagline: The legend comes to life.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: James Wong

Cast: Justin Chatwin, Chow Yun-fat, Joon Park, Jamie Chung, Emmy Rossum, James Marsters, Randall Duk Kim, Ernie Hudson, Texas Battle, Shavon Kirksey, Eriko Tamura, Luis Arrieta, Richard Blake, Julian Sedgwick, Megumi Seki, Jon Valera, Mike Wilson

Release: 2009-03-12

Runtime: 85

Plot: On his 18th birthday, Goku receives a mystical Dragonball as a gift from his grandfather. There are only six others like it in the whole world, and legend has it that whoever possesses all seven will be granted one perfect wish. When the arrival of a dark force triggers a tragedy, Goku and his companions are propelled into an epic quest to collect the seven Dragonballs and save the Earth from destruction.
Dragonball Evolution (2009)

Dragonball Evolution (2009) - IMDb

I bring your attention to the actor playing Goku.
I believe this calls for a wide open, full frontal...

...WHAT THE -----?!!!!

Justin Chatwin? The little emo --- teen from War or the Worlds? That's who they picked to play Goku? I would have even accepted Daniel Radcliffe over this punk.

Anybody remember a certain movie called..umm...I dunno...MORTAL KOMBAT.
Yeah. His name is Robin Shoe. THAT should have been Goku, mother-----ers. I'm so pissed. I hate you all. Time for a Midol.

*storms back in the room*

And you know what the worst part is? This isn't the DBZ movie many of us have been waiting for forever. No. It was originally suppossed to be based of the Saiyan saga. You know? That saga that wasn't entirely homosexual? Yeah, that one. But NO. Instead of a kickass fighting saga lets base it off the kiddy felgercarb cartoon that was before it.

Burn in HELL James Wong!!!!

Indeed. You know what's really bad? If they ---- this up and the movie bombs, then other series such as Neo Genesis Evangelion hoping to make a movie will have a hard time escaping the bad rep of this piece of ----.

I wouldn't honestly complain about it if this bombs and prevents other anime shows from becoming movies. I really enjoy Eva, have the box set, and have utterly no interest in seeing it turned into a movie. Be it transformers, eva, death note, or anything else, I feel they are somehow tainted by moving into live action movies.

The real question should be ... are they going to say "Over NINE THOUSSAANND??"

Like how in X-Men they had the line "I'm The Juggernaut -----!"

Edit: up ... scratch that .. No Vageta :-|

I would just like to say, for the sake of honest disclosure, that years ago, I did indeed watch DBZ on television, I've seen the movies, and I've also seen some episodes of the original Dragon Ball. I even still have a DBZ shirt kicking around somewhere in the back of a drawer.

And if they have to make a live-action movie out of it, I'm glad they are doing it based on DB and not Z.

A mindless slugfest it may be, DB was at least much less so. That said, now-a-days I couldn't stomach either series and the notion of a movie made out of it makes me cringe.

I wouldn't honestly complain about it if this bombs and prevents other anime shows from becoming movies. I really enjoy Eva, have the box set, and have utterly no interest in seeing it turned into a movie. Be it transformers, eva, death note, or anything else, I feel they are somehow tainted by moving into live action movies.

Agreed. No anime should be turned live-action, especially not considering the unrealistic boobs and hair...
If you're going to make a movie, at least make it anime.

But at least it's Dragon Ball. If DBZ were to be tainted, I would be VERY disappointed. VERY.

And here I'd hoped that it was a bad joke when I first heard about it...ah well.

I might have to see it. It's like a train wreck....horrible, but you just can't look away....