Dragonrealms newbie?

Ainilome

Scout
Alright, I give up -.-

I've been playing DR for about two weeks now, I keep rerolling to try different things but have always wanted to play a thief. I read that it was nearly impossible to find the guild if you're new but decided about four days ago to give it a try.

After four days and probably a good fifteen hours asking about passwords, falling through cellar doors, crawling through caves, sewers, knocking on floors, being grossly mislead by players and getting the felgercarb beat out of me I'm about to say "F it" and never play DragonRealms again. I understand that findings the thieves guild is a suppose to be a puzzle and challenge but I am aparently just too freaking stupid to be a thief.

If anyone who's played the game can send me a PM with a bit of honest help in the direction of what to say to not get the snot beaten out of me by shadows I'd will be your friend forever. I don't need a walk through, just non-criptic, non-belittling OOC "Hey dumb arse, go here and look at this" I'm about to cry ;.;

Sadly, any 'secrets' site I could find have been since before it was moved. Through some RP I'm pretty sure I've found the location, figuring out the password has been a slow and fruitless process that is making me wanna pull my hair out, haha.

I tryed DR and got so tired oof 1 hour fights with rats wihich I always had to run away from that I quit.

I started up last night; a human paladin named Trevenir. I haven't gone very far other than to deposit the majority of my money and join the paladins, but it seems neat so far. Text-based MMOs are something I have to relearn, though, that's for sure. :smiley:

The thieves guild moved? *blink* I wasn't aware. I suppose they wouldn't announce such a thing, though.

*Pictures a billboard, up in lights, with a message for all to see: "The Thieves Guild Has Moved!!!"*

If you need any fellow newbie help Tyrson let me know :smiley: I have a growing list of lore, info and guide sites as well as things like travel scripts ^^ (I'm Tsuim, Seraph is Shoskal a prydaen and rakash respectivly)

I was frustrated about not being able to kill anything as well until I realized that I didn't need to kill things to learn from them. In the end I have a cat who's reeeeallly good at turning tail and running XD

Oh, btw I figured out what I was doing wrong and managed to join :smiley:

If I could afford it, I'd probably reactivate DR on my account and try some really silly idea. Except for weekly raids and playing with my wife, I don't feel any further motivation to play EQ2 for right now. And she is sure as heck not interested in a non-graphical game. Which is a pity, because I'd love love LOVE to play a super-sappy couple. Oh, wait, that's my RL...

Tell her about how creative and beautiful the clothing is, or that you can style your hair!

Had a blast flirting with my boyfriend's character by unbraiding my mane and combing it out, then tying it up in a bun hehe. Verb system > all

And... 30 day free trial *waggle brows*

... you'd think Simu paid me for referals.

*puts on her Fan Girl hat*

fangrl!

I've never been able to get my honey-baby playing any game... I might pick up a Wii in hopes to use it as a 'crossover' tool to lure her to the dark side. I hear 'Animal Crossing' on the GameCube was a good crossover game for chicks. ;) Do they make that for the Wii? Isn't the Wii backwards compatible? GC and Wii both Nintendo, right? *ponders* I digressed.

There is another DR thread floating around here somewhere.. *glances about*

Nevermind...

I was thinking about the many maps and scripts and such I have accumulated for DragonRealms. I still use the old SGE and Wizard. I have lots of maps, digital and printed, from Salius' all the way through Sablina's and Ranik's maps. I have thousands of scripts... ok, well... dozens anyway... or tens.. or ten... No, 78 precisely! Woot! *momentarily ponders the origin of the 'woot'*

I also have some sounds in the wiz:

This plays anytime my character's spells backfire:

This plays anytime a DeathSpirit enters the room:

2 sounds for when I get stunned:

I felt like sharing.

Thanks to Leandrae for these goodies. :x

Well, I can't play DR. Unfortunately, I can't even register because it requires credit card info and I don't even have a checking account nor can I get one till I'm 18.

This sucks...
:(

If you can't get a hold of one, that might make Hero's Journey difficult. I myself use a debit card for such things instead. Resist temptation to charge charge charge!

Back