Dragonrealms newbie?

Oh, and getting beat down in the Guild Hall... Not cool. Seriously, not cool. There's nothing I can do about it, though, since they're Circle crazy, and I'm circle two. Lah-ame.

Well, if you wanted to be wimpy about it, you could report them (unless you picked the fight).

On another note - if there are any prospective clerics out there, know that Tamsine has a shrine in the Crossing proper and one in the temple. The temple one doesn't like to receive offerings, it would seem.

I swam in Riverhaven... No idea in the Crossings. Oh, and while I was out trying to hunt hogs, a goblin got me. The hog was on it's last leg when the goblin came in, and only lived for another 1-2 hits, but I couldn't move. They kept doing stuff that added to my "wait time stuff". Then I was killed. By a gap-toothed retard of a goblin. Great...

Also, I love throwing knives. They > My sword. Which I'll probably lose, since I'm logging off... Oh well.

I can't wait until I'm good enough at "item-retrieval" to actually make some money. I'm, like, always poor... Thi-I mean Traders shouldn't be poor. But you can't make money in any way other than selling sticks to Mags, at least until you can fight goblins, so unless you want to sit and farm all day, you won't have but maybe a handful of bronze in the bank. That doesn't seem very right.

Oh, and getting beat down in the Guild Hall... Not cool. Seriously, not cool. There's nothing I can do about it, though, since they're Circle crazy, and I'm circle two. Lah-ame.

I would say you're safe with a goblin with around 15 ranks or so. More than one is a problem though. Multiple opponents lower your defenses drastically, unless of course, you have a lot of multiple opponent skill. Basically you just need to learn your limits of how many you can handle, and know when to run. As for "getting beat down in your guild hall" what exactly happened? Did you do something to annoy someone? I'd be surprised if someone just randomly attacked you (it is also against policy and you could report them). Most players wouldn't risk account lockout just to kill a low level player.

A got beat down by a damn Rakash in my own guild! -.- Not cool. I'm bleeding inside my head. Oh, so not cool.

What's a good circle for me to fight my first goblin at? The rats are getting pretty easy.

This is not surprising at all. Welcome to the thieves guild. Your best best is to check that attitude of yours at the door, especially while your little. And well, in DR, you will always be little.

Let me guess, you were dumb enough to try and kick someone and got back stabbed for your troubles? If it was something like that well ... most thieves would agree you got what you deserved.

I moved on to goblins around circle 3 or 4, not sure what skill level. As soon as you can beat the rats in three hits or so, and they can't touch you move on to gobs. If the rats are still getting past your parry/shield/dodge then the gobs will likely eat you they tend to swarm and bring piggies along.

Ah, and I also already told you how to make money by selling sticks to Mags :P You can make 1-2g from him in less than hour, but if you've circled up past 1 already you've lost that chance.

How did you manage to get in a fight in the thieves guild? o.O Without a doubt you can't cop an attitude with most anyone in DR, specially thieves. If they just attacked you without any sort of 'concent" you can report them, but concent includes threatening them or trying to pick an IC fight. Oh, and concent doesn't include stealing or being stolen from within the guild walls, open pockets policy and all that. Don't go into the hall with money you expect to leave with ^^
I've only been picked on once in the hall, and that was by a raving lunatic who was talking to herself, aruging with herself and who slapped me for asking if someone could teach a class o.O I just flat out ignored her, But I had three people tell her not to do that again if she wanted to remain standing so she buggered off.

All I did was jest, not even in what I would consider an impolite way, and I got slapped four times, by three different people. I was expected to 'just take it', but after I'd told them 'DO NOT call me 'Go-Nee', they did and I was like "Oh yeah? Well...", then I slapped the one who did it. I figured, 'They did it to me, I'll do it right back.' Then I got hit over the head with a nightstick, knocked down, and kicked in the head. -.-

Then one of 'em came to the Empaths' Guild to bring me back. I went, and, after a brief discussion, during which I'm sure I said nothing worthy of being attacked... Well, 'least not in my mind... Anyway, then one of 'em hid, and hacked into my leg with a sword. Bah! She dragged me to an Empath after that, saying something about 'Oh, I'm sorry...', though I'm sure the muscles she just hacked into didn't buy it. 'Course, I'm the one that had to pay to get healed...

Anyway, what am I saying? Ghoani's an arrogant -----. That part of his personality is based on my own, only with a splash more vanity, and... No, I guess the pride's pretty much already here. Anyway, the point is, people can dictate whether or not I can act as Ghoani actually would, just because they're stronger. Lame...

All I did was jest, not even in what I would consider an impolite way, and I got slapped four times, by three different people. I was expected to 'just take it', but after I'd told them 'DO NOT call me 'Go-Nee', they did and I was like "Oh yeah? Well...", then I slapped the one who did it. I figured, 'They did it to me, I'll do it right back.' Then I got hit over the head with a nightstick, knocked down, and kicked in the head. -.-

Then one of 'em came to the Empaths' Guild to bring me back. I went, and, after a brief discussion, during which I'm sure I said nothing worthy of being attacked... Well, 'least not in my mind... Anyway, then one of 'em hid, and hacked into my leg with a sword. Bah! She dragged me to an Empath after that, saying something about 'Oh, I'm sorry...', though I'm sure the muscles she just hacked into didn't buy it. 'Course, I'm the one that had to pay to get healed...

Anyway, what am I saying? Ghoani's an arrogant -----. That part of his personality is based on my own, only with a splash more vanity, and... No, I guess the pride's pretty much already here. Anyway, the point is, people can dictate whether or not I can act as Ghoani actually would, just because they're stronger. Lame...

In my opinion you don't have to change the way his personality is, but I would expect to die a lot. Get a lot of favors.

Yeah...I wouldn't ever put a limit on a personality...it's what makes roleplaying ideal. Just don't expect the attitude to go without consequence, especially in a den of thugs- er, thieves. :D2

Hell, I can't even expect Trevenir's paladin-like attitude to go unpunished by the less savory in the Crossing...

I think people could argue that he provoked those attacks..

Wow, Kuzz.. I wonder if my little halfling will ever get beat up as bad as you were. Your character shouldn't be pushing people's buttons where others wont help him if he's killed!

I think people could argue that he provoked those attacks..

Wow, Kuzz.. I wonder if my little halfling will ever get beat up as bad as you were. Your character shouldn't be pushing people's buttons where others wont help him if he's killed!

I didn't do anything that wasn't done to me multiple times beforehand. I didn't attack them, they attacked me. I didn't provoke them, they're just ----y bastards. And for the record, the first time I got slapped, all I said was "I'm just walking around. What, is that a crime now?" You know how small that guild is. If you didn't bump into people, it'd be strange.

That statement showed a bit of mouthiness in a den of thieves.

I actually don't know how small the guild is. I'm going to be a ranger.

Think "Corridor with doors on either side". And I've never thought a statement like that was in the least bit 'mouthy'. In real life I probably would've said something more along the lines of "Why the hell would anyone want to follow something as ugly as you?", depending on their tone.

After watching movies like Godfather and series like Rome...you'd be surprised how much a little bit of sarcasm can rub an unsavory character the wrong way, especially if they have a mentality like "I don't like the looks of him, one offhand comment and he's gonna get something..."

...next thing you know, there's a horse's head next to you in the bed. :O

If you would have said something like "What, is that a crime now?" in any household I lived in while growing up, the "adults" would give you an evil glare and send you to your room. Essentially, you're the redheaded stepchild right now and there aren't any police around to stop the domestic violence.

If you would have said something like "What, is that a crime now?" in any household I lived in while growing up, the "adults" would give you an evil glare and send you to your room. Essentially, you're the redheaded stepchild right now and there aren't any police around to stop the domestic violence.

Wow, the adults where you grew up sound like real hard-asses. When my grandfather was a kid, he once reached across the table to grab something, instead of asking someone to pass it. His father, a preacher, jammed a steak fork into the back of his hand. True story.

Anyway, yeah... Well, I don't really understand that mindset. I call my dad a dumbass all the time, but we're just joking around, so it's fine. Speaking freely is... not something you should get in trouble for, I think.

It might be if there's a certain 'code' or etiquette (I use that term loosely in a house of thieves). If remarks are seen as a show of disrespect (even if you don't intend it that way), the reaction may vary with how much of a bad mood the other person (or people) are.

Like for example:

I call my dad a dumbass all the time, but we're just joking around, so it's fine.

Among someone you know? Yeah, that's no issue. But saying that to a total stranger? Taking a roll on the dice, to put it lightly.

Now all this being said, you don't have to change your attitude. Sometimes people like to see that kind of personality out-of-character, and maybe even commend you on such statements. Just keep in mind that, at times, it can take the littlest thing to set some characters off.

It might be if there's a certain 'code' or etiquette (I use that term loosely in a house of thieves). If remarks are seen as a show of disrespect (even if you don't intend it that way), the reaction may vary with how much of a bad mood the other person (or people) are.

Like for example:

Among someone you know? Yeah, that's no issue. But saying that to a total stranger? Taking a roll on the dice, to put it lightly.

Now all this being said, you don't have to change your attitude. Sometimes people like to see that kind of personality out-of-character, and maybe even commend you on such statements. Just keep in mind that, at times, it can take the littlest thing to set some characters off.

I was using it as an example, cause Momma said the people in her house were... out of their minds.

I could argue that your house structure was too loose. Really, I think somewhere in the middle is the best.

I'm not sure I'd call it all insane.

Yeah, I was exaggerating. My grandpa's house structure was insane. You're was just... way too strict for me. Like, I wouldn't be able to function like that.

Of course you would. You'd just be a different, more disaplined and respectful person.

You're a product of your upbringing, everyone is.

Of course you would. You'd just be a different, more disaplined and respectful person.

You're a product of your upbringing, everyone is.

*gasp* All these years I was thinking it was nature, not nurture. :P
Damn! I want to reroll now.

Seriously though, Kuzzle, from reading your post here ... your probably in for a tough time in that guild. However, I would also say it's the best guild for you. You just need to learn who to watch out for. Take Div for instance. Don't ever cross her in game. She killed my like 15 times in one afternoon.

She's one tough cookie! :P

Back