Dragonrealms

i played dragonrealms for about 5 years. i had an elven ranger about level 35. His name was Canaan Attaroth. surely there are some people posting on here that played that game. i believe that was the best roleplaying game ive ever played and i still daydream about it. sometimes i want to pick the game back up and start all over, but can't bring myself to deal with all the shiprats/goblins in the crossing.

Why would you have to start over?

I just got Diviana back more recently, I had quit for two years... She just turned 34th the other day.

So yeah I play.

My friend who got me into it told me about it when we were 14, I started when I was 16, and I think she said she started when she was 12 (aol days I know that), and we're both 21 now.. Although she doesn't play right now..

I know Shadow001 used to play Gemstone, I don't know about Dragonrealms though. What was the pay to play like anyways? How much was it?

How much do they cost?

14.95 monthly for basic

39.95 monthly for premium

and something like 49.95 monthly for plat

those are DR prices, but I assume gemstone is the same

you know how i would go about getting the account back. im not good with dealing with customer support services. i usually give up trying. heh.

but it would be cool to get that character back. at least until HJ arrives.

thank you

Kickinbama

I'll look into it, it was on the site a while ago, but I'll see what I can find.

I don't see any links, but if you log into the account, you can email them about it and ask how to go about a restoration and how much it might cost.

shakes fist at all thieves, especially the ones that would take your ferry money

grrrrrrrr

now that i think about it, i remember your character in DR. i really hated him, but i could never do anything about it b/c you were much higher lvl... lol

KickinBama

Originally posted by Kickinbama@Apr 21 2006, 04:24 PM
shakes fist at all thieves, especially the ones that would take your ferry money

grrrrrrrr

now that i think about it, i remember your character in DR. i really hated him, but i could never do anything about it b/c you were much higher lvl... lol

KickinBama
Ah ha! So "that's" why you bash my Sam Adams instead in the beer thread!

And I avoided the docks, always did. I liked the locksmith side more than the stealing side.

i guess i just recall your name from the box-popping line in the crossing or riverhaven. there was a thief that always was sitting at the crossing side of the ferry to riverhaven. i would give a whole day of my life away to figure out where that person lived in real life, and mess with him the whole day. thats what it translated to in game to me. maybe that is a little extreme, but sometimes i wish i had a button on my keyboard that could send a haymaker to the person on the other end that makes gaming hell.

----------------------------------------------

Did they ever release province 5 in DR? i always thought they shouldve paid the GM's in DR b/c it took forever to get new content. poor warriors guild, they didn't get anything new for like 3 years. (cept maybe one roar or something.)

it was fun being a ranger in that game b/c the GM's in charge of their abilities released stuff all the time.

Royce was not my players name. It was my GM name there though for the thieves (from 1999 to 2002 for GM, 1996 as a player).

As for P5, I honestly don't know which province is which nowadays.

And I lived in Riverhaven as the Town Square for about a year, just picking boxes and hutning swamp trolls with friends.

Rangers were a great guild, Treveri and Tarragon (sp?) and verious other GM's for them did wornders through the years.

anyone ever try the verb action

"lick my sword" then it cuts off your toungue.

when i did that i went and sat in the crossing town center and smiled at everyone in the room.

"canaan smiles like a man with no tongue"

lol, i hope the action verbs are as detailed and juicy as they were in DR.

Originally posted by Kickinbama@Apr 24 2006, 09:41 AM
anyone ever try the verb action

"lick my sword" then it cuts off your toungue.

when i did that i went and sat in the crossing town center and smiled at everyone in the room.

"canaan smiles like a man with no tongue"

lol, i hope the action verbs are as detailed and juicy as they were in DR.
You can never have as much detail in a graphics game as you can in a mud, imo. Sure a picture says a thousand words, but a thousand words say a thousand words too, and if the person writing those words has an extensive vocabulary (like all the room creators in DR did) then the thousand words are much, much better.

EX:

Leafsword.jpg

Me: That sword is masterfully crafted to a delicate, yet deadly point!

Joe: That sword is nicely made and could probably kill someone fast.

You decide which sounds better.

By all accounts Im late to this thread by... eternity. But ME! Been playing since it came out on AOL and I switched from Gemstone to DR... Been there ever since with a period of inactivity after the Web switch cause I was like 14 or 15 so I had no money! But Im still there now. Czidvar is my name there! Never woulda guessed, huh? Though I have many others as well.

Czi

Back