Drama in Neighborhood

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Last night driving home from family dinner we are getting close to our development and end up behind a firetruck with its lights flashing & sirens going strong. As it gets close to our street it slows down and pulls into it. Hhhhhmm. As the truck gets closer to the bend where our house is it slows down even further. Ummmmm. Coming around the bend it turns out there are police redirecting traffic, multiple fire trucks, various emergency responder trucks, and flood lights set up in front of a house about three up from ours. Oh, this can't be good. :cautious:

Curiosity, naturally, got the best of me so I asked what was going on. Turns out there were reports of a natural gas leak (the development is hooked up to the townships natural gas lines) around the house so the local crews responded... in force. After a few hours the trucks rolled off with nothing apparently being the result of it all.

Here's a pic of some of the trucks; nothing like coming home & seeing this in front of your house. :D

IMG_0797_zps0b24119d.jpg

Wow. That does look exciting. Me? I have a new neighbour who is (a) renting and (b) never seen. Being a natural drama queen -- and noting his ever-closed curtains -- my money is on a dope farm. I'll keep y'all informed. :eek:

Wow. That does look exciting. Me? I have a new neighbour who is (a) renting and (b) never seen. Being a natural drama queen -- and noting his ever-closed curtains -- my money is on a dope farm. I'll keep y'all informed. :eek:
Ohhh i could get creative on this one.. .maybe he's in a police witness programme hiding from some drug barons who, if a film ever gets made, would be played by Jason Statham.. And when they find out he's there, they'll use your hose for reconnaisance . . . .

Ohhh i could get creative on this one.. .maybe he's in a police witness programme hiding from some drug barons who, if a film ever gets made, would be played by Jason Statham.. And when they find out he's there, they'll use your hose for reconnaisance . . . .
You're obsessed with Jason Statham! :P

There is a student in my academy who looks like Jason Statham on steroids! Local arab, cumbersome and quietly spoken. No pics though, against the local customs so you'll just have to imagine.

There is a student in my academy who looks like Jason Statham on steroids! Local arab, cumbersome and quietly spoken. No pics though, against the local customs so you'll just have to imagine.
Both Kev and I know someone who looks like him too.

Last night driving home from family dinner we are getting close to our development and end up behind a firetruck with its lights flashing & sirens going strong. As it gets close to our street it slows down and pulls into it. Hhhhhmm. As the truck gets closer to the bend where our house is it slows down even further. Ummmmm. Coming around the bend it turns out there are police redirecting traffic, multiple fire trucks, various emergency responder trucks, and flood lights set up in front of a house about three up from ours. Oh, this can't be good. :cautious:

Curiosity, naturally, got the best of me so I asked what was going on. Turns out there were reports of a natural gas leak (the development is hooked up to the townships natural gas lines) around the house so the local crews responded... in force. After a few hours the trucks rolled off with nothing apparently being the result of it all.

Here's a pic of some of the trucks; nothing like coming home & seeing this in front of your house. :D

That must have been alarming! *boom tish*

We have not had anything quite that dramatic, but the police have been to a rental property across the road several times :cautious:

Back