dvd laptop help

i got a laptop for christmas and i keep getting a error saying Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Try decreasing the number of colors displayed on your monitor or decreasing the screen resolution. For additional solutions, click More Information to access the DVD Troubleshooter. i have a dvd R/RW drive and i tryed what it says and it does work
What do i do

Ok, two things.

1) Right click on your Desktop, and choose Properties from the popup menu.
2) Go into the settings tab (last one) and tell me what resolution and color depth you are at. Is it like 24bit, and 1024 X 768? or something like that?

You really should have 24bit color depth (vs 16 bit, or 65536 vs 256), and a resolution of 1024 X 768 or above.

More likely than not, you probably don't have a DVD decoder installed on your system. did your laptop come with an existing DVD player? like PowerDVD or Intervideo WinDVD?

Xin Li

:D (y) i fixed the promble all i had to do was download intervideo for my coumputer because i uninstalled power dvd becauses there a was a parntel contorl that got set to only g rated films thank you for the advice

very sorry about the spelling spelling not something i am good at

Back