Dying in game

Originally posted by frostydf2@Apr 8 2006, 06:04 PM
Go play FFXI, and tell me if losing EXP is ok. You'll punch a wall if you die at level 20 becuase you just realized you lost the last 3 hours of work you put into the game.
actually dying in ffxi really wasnt that bad because there was RAISE III which you would lose no exp at low to mid levels and even at 75 you only lost around 200 exp. I remember when i played ffxi at level 75 no one would care about death because they would be getting raise III and 200 exp was not much.

i would agree that there should be a penalty severe enough to make people more cautious about death, but losing your equipment seems pretty harsh, esp if you spent a long time trying to get something extremely rare

Originally posted by Xblood@Apr 11 2006, 01:47 AM
wow you musta played FFXI a lot to get to 75 wowser heard that takes a year
The hell it takes longer then that! Man I spent forever on that game, and only got to level 37 WHM!

Originally posted by Xblood@Apr 11 2006, 10:09 PM
i got to lvl 24whm in 3 months
Leveling a white mage was most certainly the most horrible thing to do as a TaruTaru WHM. I've never screamed, yelled, punched, cussed so much at a game in my life. Well besides Counter-Strike.

yeah i had a taru too and i sarted it as a monk and got it to lvl 20 and then i stop gettin groups so i said what the hell change to WHM

DRAGONREALSM the MUD

you had to have a cleric revive you, a player or NPC

or you could depart upon the favor of the God you chose. you had to solve a riddle or give money, and donate experience to get that favor.

that was a fun way to die.... because you always were in need of a cleric. but the riddles were fun as well. some were really hard, and some were easy.

two cents worth

KickinBama

Originally posted by Kickinbama@Apr 12 2006, 01:57 PM
DRAGONREALSM the MUD

or you could depart upon the favor of the God you chose. you had to solve a riddle or give money, and donate experience to get that favor.

that was a fun way to die.... because you always were in need of a cleric. but the riddles were fun as well. some were really hard, and some were easy.

two cents worth

KickinBama
Riddles would be kind of a new idea. From what I hear I belive the death-system will be like a Diablo 2 type death system, with a few other add-ons that make it suck a bit more then just losing durability. Whatever they do, they better do it well!

Originally posted by Kickinbama@Apr 12 2006, 01:57 PM
DRAGONREALSM the MUD

two cents worth

KickinBama
It was horrible when clerics couldn't raise. I think that went on for the two years I didn't play.

People were walking all over the place.

hmm diablo 2 death system.... that wasnt really bad just if you didnt get a TP to your body you would have to fight threw all the 50million things that killed you when you was running... cow level

Back