EA merges Bioware and Mythic

http://www.massively.com/2009/06/24/mythics-mark-jacobs-leaves-ea/

Basically Bioware management is taking over. I don't know if Jacobs left willingly or not. I'm guessing he left when he knew he wasn't going to be in charge anymore.

I'm curious if Bioware will now develop a solid storyline for WAR (what they are known for) or if they will instead pull all their resources on SWTOR. It does seem like EA is banking on Bioware to take on the Activision-Blizzard juggernaut that is WoW.

<watches and waits>

I've been a Mythic Entertainment fan since DAoC. I'm not a huge WAR fan though, so I can only sit back and watch.

I think Mythic is going to have more of an effect on SWTOR than finding Bioware dividing resources to WAR but you never know. They may be splitting them all up and getting fresh ideas all around. I am still quite curious about SWTOR when it comes out and will definitely play it for a while but I would have enjoyed WAR more if it wasn't broken down into the tiers the way they did it. I just hated having a character in empty zones trying to level. Though not sure how else they could resolve that.

Back