Sci-Fi Earth: Final Conflict (1997–2002)

AlienView

StarGate Explorer
Title: Earth: Final Conflict

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama, Action & Adventure, Mystery

First aired: 1997-10-06

Creator: Gene Roddenberry, Majel Barrett

Cast: Jayne Heitmeyer, Von Flores, Alan van Sprang, Melinda Deines, Guylaine St-Onge

Overview: Years ago, the Taelons came to Earth, offering friendship and technology to humanity. But there are those who believe the Taelons have more sinister motives.
Earth: Final Conflict  (1997–2002)

Well in spite of it having only 6.3 rating on IMDb and some very mixed reviews, and because I have been
running out of alien invasion series that sound interesting, I decided I'd try it out.

Now my mixed review. Remember it was based upon concepts of Gene Rodenberry - and for the first four
seasons {there were a total of five} it was as good as any Star Trek Rodenberry ever did and I was waiting
for the end so I could up the rating and rave about what a 'classic all time great' series it was.
- BUT, and here is the kicker, season five is a horror story. Yes there are some elements of horror in
a lot of sci-fi and some sci-fi in most horror - but they are not the same. Sci-Fi is made to entertain by
making you think. Horror on the other hand has different objectives - One of which is to make horrible
sci-fi {In my opinion most horror is pretty horrible}.

So those of you who like classic but up to date {see the sci-fi version of the smart phone} in special effects sci-fi watch the first four seasons. Ninety percent of the episodes are top notch and accept the end of season four as the ending {as it should have been}. And those of you want to watch a series go to Hell {Isn't that what horror is all about} watch season five as well. I got through the first six episodes of season five and could stand no more - Ultimately I don't care how that season ended - to me it ended when I stopped watching it ! It ended
at the end of season four!

I think @Tom has mentioned this series in another thread because of the same thing you noticed, the final season or two. If I remember correctly, wasn't it a basically cast reboot near the end?

My reappraisal:

GREAT ALIEN INVSIION SERIES!!! - A CLASSIC PRODUCED BY MAJEL RODENBERRY {GENE'S WIFE}
THAT GENE WOULD HAVE BEEN PROUD OF !!!

True, sesson one and two were the best - but three and four are not bad either.

And then, here's the thing, season four is kind of an ending and five, the final season takes a different direction, could be considered like a 'spin-off' series - And at first I didn't like it. Too much like a zombie
series. You zombie fans might really dig it.

So originally I stopped watching it after episode 6 of the final season - But then I decided that what the heck give it another chance - And it really gets good at episode 7 - It begins to rock.

Then I'm hooked - watched it through to the final episode 22 - And a very exciting and intelligent sci-fi ending.

Highly recommended - watch all 5 seasons and enjoy !!!!!

51-Xm1O8-OL._AC_UL320_SR232,320_.jpg

396full-earth%3A-final-conflict-photo.jpg

Apparently much of it is available on YouTube {I'm not sure if it all is}

Last edited:
Back