Politics Earth Thread

I just wanted to make a thread so that people become more aware about how much damage we do to the earth. It is time people take it seriously or else, we will lose the earth. People who use aerosol cans ought to know that they contain Cloroflourocarbons, which go into the ozone and destroy it. The ozone layer protects us from sun radiation, and now it is rapidly depleting, there is actually a large hole over a space in Antarctica where the ozone is gone.

When the earth gets hotter, snow melts. Many animals depend on having lakes be frozen so that they could get food. Polar bears are rapidly dieing because they need to walk over a lake to get fish, but now that the lakes are becoming melted, they can't anylonger. And since they reproduce very little, i think its only 2 cubs, they starve and die and its hard for them to repopulate.

These are just some of the things. You can do simple things to help, like don't idle... if you're in the car and not moving, turn off your engine, trust me you are doing a lot. and try to throw your stuff in the garbage not the earth. And be sure to recycle, it really helps. Trees that take thousands of years to get big, are being cut down, and then they tell you they replant new ones. Well those new ones are small, and get cut down after a few more years. ANimals have trouble adjusting to the new ecosystem.

So if you have tips on how to make the environment cleaner, just pitch in!

Thanks for starting this thread. (y)

I can't understand why more people aren't concerned with the environment. The things humanity does to the Earth are horrible, and many people just don't care. It's an important issue, not just for people, but for all living creatures who can't speak out for themselves.

i just read this book called "z for zachariah" and it was about how a war blew up almost everything alive and radiation killed everything else except for two people. it was sad. i hope that never happens.

AliasHombre said:
nance said:
ummm... don't kill chickens/cattle/pigs. :mellow:
but how will we eat them? :P
lmao! :lol:

as for the first thread, who cares about the animals who depend on the ice. if the polar ice caps melt, millions of people would die, cuz the city they live in would be underwater! (ie. NYC, LA, SF, Chicago, Houston, Washington DC, Boston, just to name a few in the country; not including major cities around the world that would also be underwater)

uhhh animals are just as important as humans

thanks so much for starting this thread i think its really sad how much we have neglected this world

the_alliance said:
AliasHombre said:
nance said:
ummm... don't kill chickens/cattle/pigs. :mellow:
but how will we eat them? :P
lmao! :lol:

as for the first thread, who cares about the animals who depend on the ice. if the polar ice caps melt, millions of people would die, cuz the city they live in would be underwater! (ie. NYC, LA, SF, Chicago, Houston, Washington DC, Boston, just to name a few in the country; not including major cities around the world that would also be underwater)
That is very true but i don't know about the who cares about the animals part.

I don't know if it will happen though, unless a catasrophe occurs but its possible since most of the earth's water is in the polar caps. Also, We dump things into the ocean. We don't know how the salt level stays balanced, but we risk screwing that up, and many animals could die. and people should take this seriously i don't know why people joke about it, because we are ruining the earth.

What i think we should do is sort out the "wants" and "needs". Many items we have today (most through technology) isn't really a necessity... maybe we can find a way to not use these things that we really don't need. Until then, try throwing garbage into garbage cans (y)

feeling_like_a_spy said:
What i think we should do is sort out the "wants" and "needs". Many items we have today (most through technology) isn't really a necessity... maybe we can find a way to not use these things that we really don't need. Until then, try throwing garbage into garbage cans (y)
And don't use aerosol cans like hairspray, or deodarant. Especially deodarant, you can use the other types. Why damage the ozone? Can you imagine a world with no tigers, polar bears, thing like that. Trust me, every little bit helps. And try not to waste paper, try to use it to its full potential, so that the tree will be used to its fullest.

you forgot not to waste and recycle. i find that our society wastes a lot. like when ppl have competitions on how fast one could eat something or chug something, that really makes me mad, for instance bananas (random i know, but i have a good quote), "in somalia, people would die for a banana" -jack osbourne

the_alliance said:
you forgot not to waste and recycle. i find that our society wastes a lot. like when ppl have competitions on how fast one could eat something or chug something, that really makes me mad, for instance bananas (random i know, but i have a good quote), "in somalia, people would die for a banana" -jack osbourne
Yeah exactly! I feeel so sad for people in third world countries, i try not to buy clothes from companies that have sweat shops like NIKE, where they force kids as young as 6 to work 11 hours a day for only 25 cents.

Back