Politics Earth Thread

i was actually at the Green Party's site the other day, and i thought, "man, if only the Green Party actually had a chance in office, I'd be a part of that!"

Scarlet Crystal said:
i just read this book called "z for zachariah" and it was about how a war blew up almost everything alive and radiation killed everything else except for two people. it was sad. i hope that never happens.
[post="419913"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I read that book when I was little...it scared the hell out of me. Well that was when I used to cry myself to sleep at night thinking that a war would start in the night, or my house would set on fire or flood. :blush:

-Recycle and reuse! It's really not that much more work.

Jai :rain:

Human has been The Architect of its own destruction from day one of its existance.
At first we worked togather in order to survive. We came out of the dark ages only to start the most grandiose process of all times : The Doom.
First it were the Medieval lords. Endless wars. It hasn't changed since then. At least not much. Only that there are fewer wars but if something would happen... the effect would be ten times as devastating. Our huge industrials destroy the air. The ''World Powers'' fight over power. Even if they don't appear to be. There is no end for human cruelty. Alas we will only realize this only when the end is here. Then we all say ''Oh my god... what have we done...''

The Politics, Endless bureaucracy these days, wars, air pollution and human stupidity are the things that will ultimately result in our death.

I once asked my Mother when she would think it is going to happen. She said about next 50 years. After she has died.

Meaning that it would happen during my lifetime. And yes I must agree. Unless things change dramatically then it is very possible that my eyes may see this.
How do I feel about it ? I don't feel like ''OH NO! I AM GOING TO DIE!'' I do not. Death is a blessing really. If this thing really does happen, then I would be happy that my eyes could see the majesty of this particalur event. Because I do not think that we would just wake up dead one day. That would be... stupid.

Human has two TRUE points in his/hers life. They are Alpha and Omega. Although the Omega would only be majestic to the person who is actually going through it.
World Alpha = The creation of earth. It must have been awesome.
World Omega = The end of all life. It must be as equally beatiful.

Back