Politics Eating disorders

karlee

Cadet
ok I know several belimics, and one anorexic. they are my freinds and I want to help but they wont let me! help! I have to do somthing! Eating disorders are horribal things! I mean I used to be Anorexic and it just makes your life wose! I wish they would just stop careing and start losing weight the right way! They are just hurting themselves! please if any one can help that would be very nice! I used the barfing post Icon beacuse it seemed very apropriat for the topic!

I used to be anorexic for about a month last year, until I got very sick.

I want to help you Karlee, but I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking on it, don't worry! ;) :xoxo:

:love: Kiki

I don't get eating disorders what so ever.

1) Only about 10% of the world doesn't live with hunger and poverty so, if you can afford to eat you should.

2) EVERYONE wants to be beautiful. So to say that it's not fair that you're a bit fat is not an excuse to have people feel sorry for you.

~~Spongy!

My brother was almost anorexic, and it's just a sad disorder because there's really nothing anyone can do. He got counseling and is ok now (it was about 5 years ago), but even though I didn't understand why he wasn't eating, he still scared me. Knowing how it feels from the outside, I would never do that. On the other hand, I also know that it's not something somebody chooses to do. To anorexics, it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle. Eating disorders are classified as a mental condition, not a physical one. And they also have the highest fatality rate of any mental disease. If anyone knows anyone with an eating disorder, the BEST thing you can do is to get them professional help, before they hurt or starve themselves.

SpongeBobSquarePants said:
I don't get eating disorders what so ever.

1) Only about 10% of the world doesn't live with hunger and poverty so, if you can afford to eat you should.

2) EVERYONE wants to be beautiful. So to say that it's not fair that you're a bit fat is not an excuse to have people feel sorry for you.

~~Spongy!
no offense, but must you bring such negative comments into this thread as well?.

i don't have much experience with eating disorders, but i do think it is deplorable how much emphasis our society places on weight. in this society, thin=beautiful. i think that encourages eating disorders.

although i do not completely understand the mentality of someone who's anorexic or bulimic, I do respect that it is a condition. Someone who has one of these conditions does not think of the starving children in africa, they strive to be beatiful, and for some awful reason, they think themselves "fat" or "not pretty enough".
About 7 or 8 months ago, nearly every time my parents were away, I tried to make myself throw up. I have never succeeded. when i confided that this to an x-friend of mine, he confided that he couldn't make himself throw up either until he started using hydrogen peroxide to make himself throw up. He swallowed it. I had never known that he was bulimic, and the thought horrified me. i wanted to help him so bad, so i told my school's guidance councelor. I thought it would be hypocritical of me if i started throwing up on purpose too, so I tried really hard to stop my self-destructive thoughts, that i was "fat". I just accepted the fact that I weigh more than many (not all) of my friends, and classmates.
The All Alias diet that Shari and I created, has already make my self confidence soar higher than it ever has before. I feel so good about myself, and I'm losing weight HEALTHILY! I'm so proud of myself and everyone who's doing this diet.

i'm on a diet and i really don't eat much and my friends think i'm gonna go anorexic!!! and my mum (slightly) and i'm kinda pissed off cus if they think that then thats stupid cus thye know i have abit more sense!!! :angry:

i know i'm not bulimic or anorexic, but i'm starting to get obsessive about food. i think about it all the time. i don't know what to do. i think it may be a disorder. :thinking: i sure hope not.

don't worry about it maggie. I'm like that too, esp when I'm trying to lose weight. Even though its hard, just try to focus on other things. Keep yourself occupied doing busy-work, like reading, or I make tons and tons of hemp bracelets and necklaces and stuff.

thanks mere. awesome ideas. esp. for the last few days i've been obsessive. i'm hoping i can stop, and if i don't i'm not going to let it get out of hand. (like my ALIAS obsession... out of hand. :lol:smiley:

Alias_Girl_624 said:
thanks mere. awesome ideas. esp. for the last few days i've been obsessive. i'm hoping i can stop, and if i don't i'm not going to let it get out of hand. (like my ALIAS obsession... out of hand. :lol:smiley:
I know! I excersise everyday and obbsess about my wight!

Alias_Girl_624 said:
haha, I know, I used to think about food all the time, now I think about Alias all the time!! I had my english final today, and part of it was vocabulary, and for nearly all the words, I used them in a sentence that had to do with Alias. Like "Marshall is very loquacious (very talkative)" It really helped, lol! I'm becoming obsessed... :rolleyes:

lol! i know i can relate practically anything to alias now! it's hialrious!!

i'm beginning to want to starve myself for a few days because i just want to loose weight so bad!! arghh! i wont do it though, i love food too much. :D

Just make sure you don't take it too far. My freshman year (2 years ago), I would go 2 days and only have an apple to eat. I was so weak that I could barely even dance for my show choir. It's the scariest thing in the world to wake up in the middle of the night and have your heart beating so fast it feel like it will fly out of your chest. Luckily for me, my stupid obsession w/ food only lasted a couple months, but it was still long enough for me to realize how serious it can be

AlohaSpy said:
Just make sure you don't take it too far. My freshman year (2 years ago), I would go 2 days and only have an apple to eat. I was so weak that I could barely even dance for my show choir. It's the scariest thing in the world to wake up in the middle of the night and have your heart beating so fast it feel like it will fly out of your chest. Luckily for me, my stupid obsession w/ food only lasted a couple months, but it was still long enough for me to realize how serious it can be
Wow.. when you put it that way it sounds so scary... Sometimes I try to go without eating but never to that extent. I hope you are satisfied with yourself now.

yeah, after that, I know now the only way to lose weight is to do it right-or not at all. I'm not that overweight, I weigh 115, but I still want to lose about 10 lbs, and I'm only going to do it by eating healthy foods, and excercise.

AlohaSpy said:
yeah, after that, I know now the only way to lose weight is to do it right-or not at all. I'm not that overweight, I weigh 115, but I still want to lose about 10 lbs, and I'm only going to do it by eating healthy foods, and excercise.
good! ^_^

~karlee :angelic:

Back