Politics Eating disorders

anybody know where i can find a list of celebrities past and present who have suffered from anorexia? so far i have karen carpenter (died 1983 at 32 yo) and tracey gold (recovered after struggle in 1991-92). mary kate olsen is debateable.

:thinking: mk olsen is debateable?
the only ones i can currently think of are Geri Halliwell [ex Spice Girl] i think she was bulimic years ago.
:confused:

<steph> said:
:thinking: mk olsen is debateable?
the only ones i can currently think of are Geri Halliwell [ex Spice Girl] i think she was bulimic years ago.
:confused:
[post="1497979"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
wasnt there something going around drug abuse or something? (theorized that this is how Zellweger was able to lose the Bridget weight so quickly)

i should specify anorexia nervosa.

Uhm yeah there was a thing about crack cocaine, though that is known to reduce appetite and therefore aid weightloss...

and sorry, i thought you said any eating disorder as opposed to anorexia. hm. :confused:

I think that I've realised that the way to become slim or be the size you wanna be is to not cut down on your food but to exercise more, plus then you get tone as well. I mean that might sound really obvious to you guys but I dunno I sort of knew it but I didn't accept it before. So how is everyone, cos this thread has kind of died?

I think that I've realised that the way to become slim or be the size you wanna be is to not cut down on your food but to exercise more, plus then you get tone as well. I mean that might sound really obvious to you guys but I dunno I sort of knew it but I didn't accept it before. So how is everyone, cos this thread has kind of died?
i totally agree. that's why it saddens me to see so many people waste food because they can while others are dying of starvation. when a nation's people have a major concern of eating too much, there should be a red flag going up in our minds.

yah i agree... iv just got that also
iv just made this big team in netball n i have to travle up to melbourne 3 times every wk n its like 3 hrs away. N iv just really gota think of my health now cuz theres dietitions comes in n talks to us n our families often.
Im now playing netball 6 days a week n i have to work out on top on that about 3 times a week, so i really should be looking afta myself

i used to be anorexic....got over it for a little bit but now im back to it and i absolutely hate it aorund the holidays. i love christmas but all the food and family makes it a pain. anyone else who is anorexic/bulemic know what i mean? its so hard to get over this. every day it just digs in deeper

i tried the whole annorexic thing...for a week. then i started eating again, but i made sure i didnt eat over 400 calories a day. after awhile i sort of realized that it wasnt worth it, but i still wish i was thinner. and yes, it does get really bad around the holidays. i eat a cookie and be like, oh no. how many calories? i have to somehow burn this off.

My sisters are ballerinas. Some days, they don't even want to go because of the condition some of hte girls are in. They need help.

My sister will never be forgiving about anorexia becuase of that. But honestly, there's this one girl. It's disgusting. She looks like a bag of bones. Her chest, her ribs, her cheekbones... all protruding. It's visible from the 13th row, I'll tell you that.

I think you get to the point where you realise you can stop yourself eating over 700 calories a day and then go to 500 and then 300, and it can eat at you and you can hear all the comments where people tell yopu how good you're looking and how much skinnier you look. But then you go too far and they stop saying it, and you look awful. one in 5 people with anorexia don't survive. That's shocking.

Guys will all say they prefer curvy girls. You ave to learn to love yourself, know when to eat, when to stop, and allow yourself the odd treat.

Life's too short to amke it even shorter worrying about things that make no differnece.

Bridget jones wins everytime

And it's so easy for schools to teach girls about drugs and sex... but they don't nearly cover anorexia, and it's a much more rampant problem. They can't just ignore it, as it probably affects more girls on a daily level.

Back