Politics Eating disorders

Vaughn's Baby Girl Posted Yesterday, 03:18 PM
  i haven't been on in the longest time because AllAlias wasn't working for me  i was like, no! i have to talk to my girls!!!!!!! 

sabby, that's great that you lost 4-6 pounds! just be careful okay, you should only lose 2 pounds a week! i wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you, cause you're so sweet and nice 

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Heya Tasha :hi: Thank you, I'm not gonna go overboard I promise ^_^ </span>

i_love_you_mv Posted Yesterday, 03:21 PM
  ive lost 2 stone in a week before and i was eating

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Yeah I did that about 2 years ago it was strange cos I was eating the same amount! :blink: </span>

xdancer Posted Yesterday, 07:40 PM
  why is this starting to read like "how to have an eating disorder"?

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>I don't want one, I just have one and as I've told Cinders before I wish I didn't, I wish I didn't have worry about my weight everytime I get up in the morning and weigh myself twice a day, But I don't know how to stop.</span>

Sabella,

Hi, I don't know you and I've only had time to scan through a few pages of this thread but I really do think it's in your best interests you should seek some professional help. For the sake of your physical and mental health, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE you should find someone to talk to who knows how to deal with eating disorders- which you have I think. Maybe you can start by talking to a parent, mentor, the school counsellor or your doctor even and get them to direct you to a health professional who has experience treating this or join a support group for others with the same problem. It can stay private if you want it to be, but the most important thing is you Seek Help ASAP from a Professional. Eating disorders can be a very slippery slope and you may not think your condition is not serious, but you may not be the best judge of that. It's no good telling yourself to be "careful" because you really can't judge and most people can't control themselves!

We all need a helping hand sometimes and to actively look for help when we need it is the bravest and wisest thing to do. :smiley: Please Find Help NOW- it'll be the best decision you've made!

And to everyone, I want to say this. No one should feel bad about eating food. If you do, that is a symptom of a possible eating disorder. That is not the right attitude in any case. Food is something to savour and enjoy, in moderation. If we all eat a healthy and balanced diet combined with regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle, our weight should be fine. Exercise (also in moderation) should be the way to lose weight if necessary, not by denying yourself regular meals! If you think you are medically obese- and that is a serious problem too, then see a doctor or a nutritionist- otherwise please don't engage in foolish and harmful weight loss behaviour!

Real self-esteem and beauty comes from the inside, and this really is true. Anyone who doesn't appreciate that is just wrong and there's no need to seek approval from those people. If you feel good and confident about yourself, you don't need to lose weight to feel good and losing weight will never make you feel good if you're not confident about yourself. And we are all capable of feeling good about ourselves regardless of our outward appearance. It's all in the mind and the attitude. The important thing is to stay healthy!! If you don't have your health, you can't do anything.

Reading this thread made me sad. This thread should not be about how to lose weight- but rather how to stop obsessing about your weight in the first place!! No one should be congratulated on losing weight- losing weight isn't always a good thing! Especially when you lose it by not eating. Many of you guys seem to be teenagers- you're in an important stage of your physical development and you need all the nutrients you can get- don't starve yourselves please!

There is absolutely no need to be obsessed with how much you weigh, how much you eat, how you look- they are not necessary for a healthy and happy life. Good health, however, is necessary for a healthy life. Don't throw that away so carelessly.

Stay healthy everyone.

very well said spymaster ;) we shouldn't be so focused on this whole "body image" thing- who says we have to live up to the world's standards of what being "beautiful" is.

most of us are teenage girls and being a little chubby at our age is completely normal! if you look back at pics of celbs when they were younger, they all had baby fat in their face and bodies! this is a part of life!

i don't think any teenager should be on a diet unless they are recommended to by a doctor or are very overweight! dieting can really mess up your body!

it really is all about moderation and exercise!

i love food and i could never miss a meal- i just ate 2 boxes of raisins, 2 apple, a nutrigrain bar and a tangerine- now that is bit extreme but i know i won't be eating for 3 hour cause i'm going out - but missing a meal is the worst thing to do whe your losing weight, it really slows your body down!

take care girlies! watch yourselves! ^_^

spymaster... that actually made me cry reading what you wrote. i understand you and what you say about self esteem and beauty from the inside, i supose that will be the hardest thing for me to grasp with the help im getting mm xx

cinders said:
people wont want to get to know me if i am fat^^^^^^
[post="1096071"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

*Big Sigh* That is totally not true. And people who judge people based on their weight/appearance should be ignored. The biggest girl in my class in high school who probably weighed around 200 pounds (I never asked, never cared) was voted student council president and was one of the most confident and popular girls. Her weight was never an issue for anybody who knew her.

Self-esteem is from the inside. Look inside yourself and you will find things to feel good and happy and thankful about. Maybe stop thinking so much about yourself for a bit and think about how you can help others around you be happier (be a volunteer!). Do things you enjoy- it doesn't matter if how you good are at it or what other people think. Take a deep breath and find the beauty around you and you will feel better- it's always there no matter how bleak things seem. Your confidence is there, you just have to find it. Think Positive. That's how I get through my rough days.

Geez, do I sound like a self-help book. :blush: I hate those!

thats true... but trust me if anybody was frends with you, whatever weight you are they will still love you all the same because it is definately whats inside that counts. weight is a huge issue in my class at skool because two people have become annorexic and recovering from it and its had knock on effects on a lot of people. i think a lot of people are thinking well if they thought they were fat then i am definately fat and its stupid. i know thats dumb coming from me because i watch my weight and weigh myself 3ish times a day if its the weekend, 2 during the week. but mmm i am just keeping my weight balanced kinda thing i am just wanting a healthier lifestyle, not nessacerily losing weight, xx

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>I don't think I need to see anyone, I know when I want to stop, and I'm scared that none of the people I need to support aren't gonna be there, cos they don't either care or realise what's going on!</span>

well I hope you are okay, truely and i really hope you do know when to stop and dont go to far. there are more important things in life than the way you look xxx

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>It's nice to know that I have people here for me ^_^ So thanks i_love_you_mv I really appreciate it :hug:

I've had two slices of pizza from pizza hut today :smiley: It was tasty ^_^
</span>

good for you Sabella! ive eaten quite a lot... ill tell u cos i need to know myself but ill seem really piggy:
* advent choc
* pain au chocolate
* soup nd bit of bread
* roast pork dinner, which was disgusting cos i hate pork
*sum rubbishy dessert thingy
:thinking:
mmm welll yer xx

mmmmmmm.
glad you came back on here! :hug:
i think ill go to the gym on urmmmm friday or sometime i havnt been for such a long time... because im lazy.. ah well.
lov u xxx

Back