Politics Eating disorders

yeah that's a tricky thing. on the other hand it sounds just like sabella said, like you think that the one with the disorder isn't capable of taking care of herself, but then again, in most cases she actually ISN'T! that's where the hard thing comes, how far can you push a person before it all goes wrong? it might lead to the one with the disorder being even more messed up and confused, therefore getting worse. or it can help. but it's a really fine line there... but usually, like you guys already have said, the person doesn't realize she's sick, and could need a wake up. my friend who was really anorectic for a while has now later said, that she didn't realize how skinny she was, or that she had a problem, but now when she looks at pictures from that time she can see it, but she was all blinded then. and nowadays she gets scared when she sees how skinny she was. so that's why they need us friends/sisters/brothers/others, to help them see how ill they actually are.
and of course, every case is different. you can't actually say, "this is how you're supposed to do, this works", but every person is different and you just kind of have to feel your way. which can be very hard. i've experienced it myself. several times...trying to help but not really knowing the best way to do it..

it's (weight) a touchy subject for most people, even those not suffering from a disorder, it's hard to get to a person suffering from it... and sadly most times people don't relazie how badly they're affected until they've damaged their bodies -_-

see if you can get your friend to open up again, and see how/ why she feels the way she does, like don't be forceful, just casually ask... offer her lots of encouragement that she's perfect the way she is ^_^

I eat whatever I want, I don't mind the psycho ideals.. and it's so disguisting to see a girl who's so thin that you can only see bones.. I eat lots of pizza, burgers, fries, snacks, candy... It's healthy to not be overweight, that's right but you shouldn't be too thin.. I workout 3 hours a day, not to stay thin, but because I love exercising.. I love playing tennis and because of that I can eat whatever I like, and still have a nice body! Don't care about all those salad-diets and stuff.. I love food, and working out.. love my life :smiley:

that's a great way to live, enjoy life you only live it once ;)

i know a girl in my grade this year suffering from anorexia, she's been in the hospital for 2 months now recovering, she's hates how she's gaining weight but she's looking better and understanding how she was putting herself in danger

Some people never recover. One person in my family has struggled with anorexia all her life. She is now nearly 58 and still eats nothing and takes laxatives and extremely strong painkillers every day.

In my case, I realised I like looking like a woman rather than a stick insect. Of course I still have my days, but it has been 5 1/2 years since I was seriously ill.

VaughnsBluebird said:
THANX ... BUT ILL B FINE  ^_^
THIS IS SOO GOOD I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA AND THEY HAVE JUST ANNOUCED THE OFFICAL DATE OF S4 TO AIR ON TV ..... 20 DAYS TO GO  :D
[post="1410915"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

congratulations! s4 sure is worth waiting for!! i thought it was awesome!! :D

I hope your still doing well B! :smiley: I'm getting a lot better I have much more confidence and if it hadn't been for Tasha and the rest of the people on this thread I wouldn't be the way I am now so I just wanted to say thanks for that guy :group: I'm actually still trying to lose a couple of pounds but apart from that I really can't be bothered! :angelic:

I'm glad we could all help you Sabby! and u hope you know you've supported us a lot too! ;)

I gained some weight, about 8 pounds, in the last couples months of school this year (being lazy and eating junk) and i was a bit upset about it, but after babysitting for all of august i've lost it :smiley: i think i just need to be active, go run around instead of staying on the couch all day :angelic: and i feel great now :D

Back