editing help!

I'm writing an abstract for a paper I'm submitting. It's supposed to be brief under 100 words and I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what I'm supposed to include. I'm basically trying to figure out what I should include without being too indepth.

So far I have:

This paper examines heavy fraction flotation samples from the KRA Project to explore artifact densities from two Bronze Age sites. This analysis examines the differences and similarities present at the two sites in order to make a comparison of the inhabitants lifestyles. Water flotation of soil samples recovers not only botanical remains, but also faunal remains, ceramics, lithics, and other artifacts too small to be noticed otherwise.

I need more, but I'm stuck. I'm supposed to include research questions, but I'm not sure where and how to put them. Any advice or do you spot any errors?

*~Celtic Jedi~* said:
I'm writing an abstract for a paper I'm submitting. It's supposed to be brief under 100 words and I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what I'm supposed to include. I'm basically trying to figure out what I should include without being too indepth.

So far I have:

This paper examines heavy fraction flotation samples from the KRA Project to explore artifact densities from two Bronze Age sites. This analysis examines the differences and similarities present at the two sites in order to make a comparison of the inhabitants lifestyles. Water flotation of soil samples recovers not only botanical remains, but also faunal remains, ceramics, lithics, and other artifacts too small to be noticed otherwise.

I need more, but I'm stuck. I'm supposed to include research questions, but I'm not sure where  and how to put them. Any advice or do you spot any errors?
[post="1467859"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It would help if we actually had the paper in question, so we'd have an idea what the pertinent themes are.

xinli11 said:
It would help if we actually had the paper in question, so we'd have an idea what the pertinent themes are.
[post="1467900"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

There in lies my problem. The paper is not written yet. This is for a conference in march, but I need the abtract in a week.

*~Celtic Jedi~* said:
There in lies my problem. The paper is not written yet. This is for a conference in march, but I need the abtract in a week.
[post="1467951"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hmm...I see.. Ok, well I would maybe include a quick preview of some of the conclusions that you did draw from your analysis, and maybe also give the reader an idea of specific areas of their lifestyles the analysis focused on.

I've revised. Just let me know if I'm being repetetive or any grammar mistakes. I have trouble proof-reading my own stuff.

The analysis of heavy fraction flotation samples from the KRA Project explores the densities and concentrations of artifact at two Bronze Age Sites in order to yield some understanding of the everyday lives of the inhabitants at either site. Water flotation of soil samples recovers not only macrobotanical remains, but also faunal remains, ceramics, lithics, and other artifacts too small to be noticed otherwise. Through the examination of the spatial distribution of materials recovered it is possible to identify possible activity areas as well as cultural practices. It also aids in the identification of presently unknown structures.

Back