Eisendrath signs on to The Catch

Crew News

Official News Poster
From zap2it:

'Alias' Scribe a Real 'Catch' for Touchstone
(Tuesday, December 07 09:38 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) J.J. Abrams has called in reinforcements to nail down his bounty-hunter pilot "The Catch."

John Eisendrath, who's worked with Abrams in the past on "Alias" and "Felicity," will collaborate with Abrams on "The Catch," co-writing the pilot script and serving as an executive producer. The arrangement comes as part of a new two-year deal Eisendrath has signed with Disney's Touchstone TV, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Eisendrath's work on "The Catch," which is to star Greg Grunberg and Orlando Jones as bounty hunters, will ease some of the workload on the busy Abrams, who has two shows running at ABC ("Lost" and "Alias"), a feature film to direct ("Mission: Impossible 3") and a comedy in development with former "Saturday Night Live" star Cheri Oteri.

"The Catch" was originally slated for midseason; there's no word on when it will be ready.

Eisendrath, who created the ESPN series "Playmakers," has several projects of his own in the works as well. ABC has given him a script commitment for a drama called "Wanted," which follows an FBI team that tracks criminals on the bureau's most wanted list. FOX, meanwhile, has given a script commitment to a show about a divorce attorney.

He's also working with ESPN on another series about boxing.

Eisendrath hasn't worked on Alias since season 2 as far as I know (he left to do Playmakers, which was successful, but shut down because the NFL disapproved). Hopefully his involvement will take some of the burden off of Abrams. ;)

This guy Eisendrath is the CREATOR of Playmakers, which was very successful among sports fans - I heard lots of great things about Playmakers but never got a chance to watch it.

Trust me - The Catch just got a hell of a lot better with him. He and J.J. will do a hell of a job, and now with the credentials of not just Alias but the popular "Lost", the J.J. Abrams name should attract a lot of viewers.

I just got excited about this show - I wasn't before...

ivand67 said:
This guy Eisendrath is the CREATOR of Playmakers
[post="1104782"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yep, the article reported that too. ;) I saw one episode. It seemed to be a bit of a soap, but it was well-done.

Back