Elanthia Lore: Gods and Religion

Alright, I took the time today to find out the lore behind Elanthia. So I read it on the respected Hero's Hall section.
As the lore states, the Creator divided itself into three equal beings each with its own purpose, nature, magic, and machine.
Two more gods appeared after the Sundering for its own purpose. Lorstra and Theg.
To me, Lorstra sounds like the god of hippies. More power to them.....ohwell.
Theg on the other hand sounds more interesting. A deity that originally had nothing to do with Elanthia until the dimensions collided. All he wants is to turn the damn light off.

Is there more to the lore then the five gods then stated? If three dimensions bumped heads, I'd imagine more than one god to be upset about it.

What I'm really looking for is a god of shadows and or thieves. Maybe Theg's for me, who knows. But if he isn't, then I need a another god to follow.
Anyone care to help me figure it out?

lol if your the god in character then cool.
I'm kind of surprised to have not found any information for this kind of character. I mean, rogues need guidance too!....even the evil ones

There's too many unknowns about the deities at this point. For a thief, Urwir might be your man. A thief, at the same time, needs to be tightly disciplined but chaotic enough to take opportunities and fail to create a pattern. A thief can't create a huge stash of goods lest he be caught, so he'd tend to spend them on a good time and in such a way they couldn't be traced to him; then he'll carefully ration out what's left to last until the next big heist. The professional thief is a contradiction and the extremes of life; it seems Urwir is a natural choice.

Of course, if this isn't the type of thief you'd play, then I have no idea. I'm just generalizing and applying what little lore we have.

It's unusual to see a rogue worship a god. Normally rogues..well..don't really worship...stuff. But I think you're character will be a very interesting. A thief that steals valuable treasure to please his lord and master. Very interesting indeed.

Well yeah rogues need to have a god.... who else would the voices inside their heads be from?
I think I'm just comparing the forgotten realm universe to this too much. In FR, there's a god for everything. My two favorites are Mask (god of shadows and thieves) and....felgercarb I don't remember the name of the elven god of trickery.

Daax said:
It's unusual to see a rogue worship a god. Normally rogues..well..don't really worship...stuff. But I think you're character will be a very interesting. A thief that steals valuable treasure to please his lord and master. Very interesting indeed.

You've not paid much attention to a lot of fantasy lore then. Even in our own world there's a lot of 'dieties' thieves pray to because of the sensitivity of their chosen way of life. LoL

From Lady Luck to Bristlebane (EQ).

Tho in game and with such a rather liner theology associated with HJ thus far, I think there'd be room to create a Chance or Mask figure so thieves can carry on a lil' tradition. Like any religion I'm sure we could sway the game a bit by having all of us religious rogues believe in the same minor detail.

When the pressure's on, we need someone in the shadows there with us. Plus it'd make great shirts, example.. "What Would Stickyfingers Do?"

Eh forget some lame internet religion. I say we make a nonlame one instead.

The majority of HJ's shady dealers shall worship the trickster entity known as : Daax. There, I said it. Let's make him immortal.

Back