Politics Election 2004: VOTE

If you were to vote in the United States presidential election, for whom would you vote (regardless

• George Bush (Republican)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Kerry (Democrat)

• Ralph Nader (Independent)

• Michael Badnarik (Libertarian)

• David Cobb (Green)

• Michael Peroutka (Constitution Party)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty obvious Bush's scare tactics are doing their job. Like Clinton said, Bush is scaring you, Kerry wants you to think. When people are scared they have no need to think.

With his smirk. ;) Just kidding.

Anyways, I would vote for Kerry, but I'm unfortunetly underage. I endorse Kerry because hopefully, Kerry will appoint an administration without extremists. I think he's a better leader, I think he can speak for the country better than Bush has, and I agree with most of his policies.

I am for abortion, for gay marriage, and many other policies Bush deems wrong/evil/yadayada. Bush threw away a chance to turn global peace to the advantage of the United States. Bush's decision to invade Iraq was not the right move but he made his mind anyway, despite tenuous information about the middle east.

I took advantage of early voting last week and voted Bush. After, analyzing the issues, Bush was the logical choice for me for reasons too numerous to address in this post.

One comment though: I understand (somewhat) those not voting for Bush because of their opposition to war under any circumstances. I also, understand (but strongly disagree) with those that vote for Kerry because of his stance on abortion (partial birth abortion is pretty scary stuff, btw). However besides the above, I have yet to really hear a sound argument as to why one should vote Kerry. During the debates, he was a smooth talker, but I just did not see any substance to his words and little logic to his ideas on running the country. My sincere hope is that people analyzed for themselves each candidate's postion on the issues and then made their decision (regardless of whether Bush or Kerry).

I fear that voting Kerry has become the "trendy" thing to do. Maybe I should not feel this way since afterall, Hollywood is the heart and soul of America. :P

I had to swing my Florida vote to John Kerry. This is mostly based on the economic situation, the Iraq situation, and the way he's forcing his Christian conservative values on EVERY single issue. Like, there are other valid religions out there, huh? ;)

Plus, my fiancee is in Iraq. Originally, his reserve tour date was up in December but we recently got news that it was extended until March. I don't think I can wait much longer; I don't appreciate Bush playing Russian Roulette with my fiancee's life for a conflict that Bush no longer has control of/has no plans to resolve.

Tex said:
I took advantage of early voting last week and voted Bush.  After, analyzing the issues, Bush was the logical choice for me for reasons too numerous to address in this post. 

One comment though:  I understand (somewhat) those not voting for Bush because of their opposition to war under any circumstances.  I also, understand (but strongly disagree) with those that vote for Kerry because of his stance on abortion (partial birth abortion is pretty scary stuff, btw).  However besides the above, I have yet to really hear a sound argument as to why one should vote Kerry.  During the debates, he was a smooth talker, but I just did not see any substance to his words and little logic to his ideas on running the country.  My sincere hope is that people analyzed for themselves each candidate's postion on the issues and then made their decision (regardless of whether Bush or Kerry). 

I fear that voting Kerry has become the "trendy" thing to do.  Maybe I should not feel this way since afterall, Hollywood is the heart and soul of America. :P
[post="1051385"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
i, for one, support kerry, but not because i oppose war at all costs. i understand the need for war. after all, hitler never would have been stopped with diplomacy. however, i dislike the way bush went about going to war. he alienated many of our allies, and he went in so fast, without valid intelligence. plus, i dislike how his administration attempted to connect al quaeda and iraq in the minds of americans, by putting both under a "war on terror." our fight was with bin laden and his network of al quaeda. it had nothing to do with iraq.

so, i voted earlier today, and well it was a hard decision for me because i am anti-war, and i don't particuliarly like any of the canditates very much ( too much name calling!), and i want the troops to come home, and bush gave his plan, and kerry has one somewhere... so i voted bush, because he started the war and stands by it, and i think that in order for the troops to come home the fastest the leader of the country has to know what he's gonna do and stand by his decision. kerry doesn't stand by it and therefore i don't see how his plans are going to be effective if he doesn't stand by it, and also what if he changes his mind... so that's my opinion and my reasoning behind it.

it had nothing to do with iraq.

Actually, there is evidence to the contrary. There are confirmed links between the Bin Laden and Iraq regimes.

I'm not sure how he could have done things differently given the intelligence and the resistance of other countries with their own reasons (ex. food for oil corruption and other money related reasons) for not going in.

So much more to discuss, but I have got to go. It's been interesting reading everyone's views.

Tex said:
Actually, there is evidence to the contrary.  There are confirmed links between the Bin Laden and Iraq regimes.

I'm not sure how he could have done things differently given the intelligence and the resistance of other countries with their own reasons (ex.  food for oil corruption and other money related reasons) for not going in.

So much more to discuss, but I have got to go.  It's been interesting reading everyone's views.
[post="1051432"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
this would suggest that while bin laden attempted to approach iraq, there was no collaboration or cooperation between the two
WASHINGTON - The commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks reported Wednesday that Osama bin Laden met with a top Iraqi official in 1994 but found “no credible evidence” of a link between Iraq and al-Qaida in attacks against the United States.

In a report based on research and interviews by the commission staff, the panel said that bin Laden made overtures to toppled Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein for assistance, as he did with leaders in Sudan, Iran, Afghanistan and elsewhere as he sought to build an Islamic army.

The report said that bin Laden explored possible cooperation with Saddam at the urging of allies in Sudan eager to protect their own ties to Iraq, even though the al-Qaida leader had previously provided support for “anti-Saddam Islamists in Iraqi Kurdistan.”

Bin Laden ceased that support in the early 1990s, opening the way for a meeting between the al-Qaida leader and a senior Iraqi intelligence officer in 1994 in Sudan, the report said. At the meeting, bin Laden is said to have requested space to establish training camps in Iraq as well as Iraqi assistance in procuring weapons, but Iraq apparently never responded, the staff report said.

No ‘collaborative relationship’ seen
It said that reports of subsequent contacts between Iraq and al-Qaida after bin Laden had returned to Afghanistan “do not appear to have resulted in a collaborative relationship,” and added that two unidentified senior bin Laden associates "have adamantly denied that any ties existed between al-Qaida and Iraq."

The report, the 15th released by the commission staff, concluded, “We have no credible evidence that Iraq and al-Qaida cooperated on attacks against the United States.”

source: MSN | Outlook, Office, Skype, Bing, Breaking News, and Latest Videos

xdancer said:
take the wolves ad.  it's a microcosm of his entire campaign.
[post="1051384"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Never seen it. But his campaign has been completely benign, so I'm sonfused at to what you mean.

Leslie said:
Never seen it. But his campaign has been completely benign, so I'm sonfused at to what you mean.
[post="1051497"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
bush ran an ad with wolves representing terrorists - big hit with soccer moms. basically his campaign is like, "vote bush or the terrorists will get you."

I'd just *love* to know how Bush is "scaring" us. 

take the wolves ad. it's a microcosm of his entire campaign.
Les, your sarcastic replies to all of my posts are getting a tad irritating.

Bush's entire campaign has been about scare tactics. Yes, there's the wolves ad. But his whole campaign is about the 'safety' of America, about being a 'strong' leader who will stand up to terrorists, about how 'weak' Kerry will be...

It doesn't seem to matter Kerry also cares about the safety of America, or that Bush is obliterating the environment, ruining the economy - or the fact he is one of the most hated people in the world.

MyGuardianAngel said:
If only this poll were a reflection on the actual presidential projections right now...  :ill:
[post="1051512"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

exactly what i was thinking.

--jenn :juggle:

I am 17 years old and therefore am ineligible to vote, but if i could i would vote for George W Bush. While i consider myself a social liberal (and generally an Independent) and i disagree with Bush's stances on abortion and gay marriage, i do agree with his national security measures and economic propositions. I agree with his reasons for the war on terror, but he did not have a good plan on what was going to happen after he removed Saddam from power in Iraq--that could have been thought through better. National security is important and i do not think Kerry would do as good of a job as Bush would (not that he was great...) with protecting our country. And i agree with Zeri, Kerry "flip flops" on many issues and that does not inspire confidence. Also, he's been in the senate for 20 or so years and hasn't really accomplished anything major, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back