Superheroes Elektra (2005)

What Did You Think Of Elektra?

• It was absolutely awesome! It was Jen's best movie yet...but it was too short! I didn't want it to e

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was really good..a bit more than I expected...

• It was about what I expected...It wasn't bad...worth buying

• It wasn't all that great...I expected more out of Jen and would maybe think about buying it?

• It was terrible! What was Jen even doing in a film like that? I'm very dissapointed in the all-aroun

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I thought the movie was really good, I think Jen did a great job in it, I don't know what the critics were talking about, this isn't a "i've seen this, now my whole life's gonna change" movie, IT'S A COMIC BOOK MOVIE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! Its there for entertainment and I thought it was very entertaining. Go see it and find out for yourself, don't let the critics decide for you.

Well, after many of you have said that it was awesome I have decided I do want to watch it. You're so right. Who cares about stupid critics. Thanks for good advice.

brenda guess what ...when i went home i decided to pretend to be elektra and this is no joke so i got my black jogging pants on and my black cami and got out my sais and started to practice throwing them and catching them and then it cut me and my finger exploded into a thousand little pieces and like blood was like gushing out....and then i washed and and kept practicing and now my hands are all red...

jEn Jr. said:
brenda guess what ...when i went home i decided to pretend to be elektra and this is no joke so i got my black jogging pants on and my black cami and got out my sais and started to practice throwing them and catching them and then it cut me and my finger exploded into a thousand little pieces and like blood was like gushing out....and then i washed and and kept practicing and now my hands are all red...
[post="1162196"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
OK, WTF???
You have sais?? And you cut yourself??? What da hell are you talkin' about?

I just can't believe this movie came in at fifth place! I mean, Catwoman did better and it had Bourne Supremacy to compete with! I'd love to say why I think it didn't do well but I'd so get banned lol.

All I could thing was Dang, I wish I could do that...and then I drifted off into lala land thinking about how many men would want to bear my children after I wooped up on em because I can do one arm pull ups. ....::cough:: What am I talking about I can't even do 2 arm pull ups. ok maybe a few

anyways...haha I am so totally joking... I wonder if she did do them...hum

it was a great movie! She kicked some bootay in it too, i dont doubt she can do 1 arm pullups, shes a buff chick! that movie made me want to go out and kick someones ass! lol i loved it!

Putting aside what I do know about the comics (I got my hands on a bunch over the summer...and read up on it) the film itself was lacking. I wouldn't say it wasn't that great...but I can't say it was what I expected. I certainly thought there would be more character development, and Jen did do a good job--though I feel her character was put down a bit when they tried to introduce the other ones in this really ineffective way. And I just had a problem w/ how Typhoid Mary was portrayed. And I don't even know that much about her...(she was in a DD issue I picked up! :smiley:)

The movie is simply a elaborate fight sequence between Kirgi and Elektra (the rest of the hand seems to drop dead without a problem), Elektra's OCD, Abby action, and a soggy "romance" between Elektra and Mark (wait is his name Mark?...Abby's dad...). Oh....and inner turmoil...and flashbacks...but it was all really choppy.

Quite frankly Jen was amazing...and the rest of the cast was too...but I blame the script...and how everything was put together...

I was afraid that it wouldn't stay true to the comics, which is a shame, but that aside (although that is the one thing that matters to the die-hard Elektra 'from day one' fans), she did great. And it is not getting bad reviews, even Jeffery Lyons said that even though comic movies are not his cup of tea, if they were, he would have loved it even more than he did. He said, given the fact that it is a comic movie, it was good, and those who like this stuff will love this movie.

I keep remembering Jen saying "I've read so many Elektra comic books. I realize how much this role means to people and I realize how much I don't want to screw it up for them!"

I don't think she did, I think the writers did. She couldn't alter what she was told to say, just the way she said it.

I saw this movie yesterday and I thought it was good but they didn't introduce people all that well. Eventhough I knew what the bad guys did and whatt here names were, my friends were all lost so I had to fill them in on stuff. Also they could have had more of a fight scene between elektra and the bad guys...like a 1 on 5 or 2 on 5 if you wanna count abbey and that is when she would get the kiss and stick comes to save them at the last minute. but overall I enjoyed it, I only had to spend like 6 bucks cause they thought I was a youth but yeah it's all good. I think that if they put this movie in the city, it would have been too wierd and there would be more obstacles, like pedestrians. There wouldn't be an element of surprise cause if it was in the city there is only one way someone can attack you but in the forest someone can come from anywhere.

oh and I didn't stay for the end of the credits, does anyone know if they had a clip at the end of it like dd? cause I was thinking that would be when elektra would go back to find dd, cause I read somewhere that ben would do a cameo if they didn't cut it out.

Alias_Gay said:
sugababyboo, I really need you to tell me why you think that ... OK ... PM if you don't want to tell it in here ... ;)
[post="1162442"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I PMed you hun. I've already been banned from one message board, I don't want Allalias to be my second lol.

haha well not really a thousand...let's just say it hurt like a female dog... and yea i have sais...but i want smaller ones cause mine are at least 2 pounds each...and i have lil tiny fingers...

A thousand pieces? :lol: I'm guessing you saw the mtv behind the scenes thing. That was hilarious when Damien thought she broke a nail and was like "So you finger blew up into a thousand pieces?" And Jen said "A thooousand pieces!" Just the way she said it... so cute haha :D I wanna see again. -_-

I want sais!! Hah, I saw some tiny plastic ones at walgreens the week before halloween, but they were three dollars and I had two. (n)

This was the only part of the movie looked like Elektra.
honestly I thought to myself 'THAT is Elektra'
I cant get behind her and BELIEVE she's Elektra....